Cannabis Capsules

Tried the cannabis capsules yesterday. Nobody felt a thing!

I'm wondering how long the cannabis is to stay on the heat in the coconut oil? The directions simply say heat the oil, add the cannabis, as if to add it and remove from heat. That's what I did. Should it have been held on the heat for a certain period of time?

Thanks.

Mellowmamma you have to cook for at least 30 minutes to get all to good stuff out of the bud. I have eaten 2 and been stoned for at least 6 hours. Love the high.

Thanks, beemerbill. I have since gone to the low and slow crockpot method. And it does work if given enough time!

why do you do this, doesn't cooking it damage it . i have a breast tumor and want to find out how to best intake cannabis indica. Oil, fresh leaf, or smoke or all?

SRenee, No the right heat doesn't damage it. I cook my finely ground up bud for at least 12 hour at about 300 degrees in a ratio of 7 to 1. When I make capsules for my wife's meds I use 175 grams of coconut oil and 12.5 grams of shake and 12.5 grams of bud. I use sativa bud and a mixture of indica and sativa shake. then I put that into capsules with a large syringe. Now never go over 325 on the temp because if you get up to 350 that's where the damage starts. The reason to heat the herb is to get all the goodies to activate.

Now for your breast tumor I can't really say what you should use but if it were me I would be going to a dispensary and talking to them about Rick Simpson oil. Go to youtube and type in his name and listen to his way. If you have the buds there are videos on the youtube on how to do it. I believe it would work but!!

WAY TOO HOT!!!!!!!

You don't want your temprature to get any higher than about 180F ...... any hotter than that, and you start vaporizing some of the active ingredients in your bud. You will be litterally loosing potancy. Because some of the stuff will have been wisked away as vapor.

WAY TOO HOT!!!!!!!

You don't want your temprature to get any higher than about 180F ...... any hotter than that, and you start vaporizing some of the active ingredients in your bud. You will be litterally loosing potancy. Because some of the stuff will have been wisked away as vapor.

I haven't heard about that temp. Everything that I have read on here and in books states never to go over 350 but I never go that high. I try to stay around 300. i haven't made 1000s but i have made over 700 and with good results. If I'm doing it wrong I need to know. Can you send me a link so i can read about it.

There was a chart that showed what vaporizes at what temp. I am trying to find it again. When I do, I'll post it up here.

Thanks for the chart Mutt and I may have stated the temp a little high but the boiling point of THC is 314 F and all the rest are above that. I do mine at 290 F which seem to work. I will search and read more to see if I'm wasting any good stuff. I had never seen this chart, which is very complete, but i have seen other somewhat charts that were kind of close to it.

Yeah,

The reason I say 150-180 is because most ovens aren't that exact. So, if the lowest temp is 240 ..... staying 50 degrees below that will allow for variances in temp. This is my own theory anyway.

Yeah,

The reason I say 150-180 is because most ovens aren't that exact. So, if the lowest temp is 240 ..... staying 50 degrees below that will allow for variances in temp. This is my own theory anyway.

Mutt I have found info this morning that is more in your way of thinking. I found a pretty good article on decarboning and it states at 220 F it does it quite fast and at a lower temp it will happen but take longer. I will start doing it at that temp. What I was doing is working for my wife's meds really well so now i will probably have to go through the testing once again. Thanks for the heads up. You made me do more research.

I'm really glad it helped.

Would you not lose some of the trich's when you grind it. I know here in the hash area, many say not to grind it if using bud, just hand break it up? I know when kief is shaked, look at how much comes off, or the mason jars you cure your grass in, the walls are just full and sticky. This is why I ask, I would believe much of it is left in the grinder bowl and all that. NO?

I grind it in a bullet and after the grind i add coconut oil and regrind. Then i put it into the crock pot with the right amount of oil. All trichromes come out with the oil. After cooking i pour it back into the bullet and regrind into a real fine slurry. Then into the capsules.

I have this capsule machine. It is a great little investment.

The only problem I have faced is that when i press down to bind the capsules, they sometimes leak, which is annoying.

Anyone know how to stop this from happening?

Good morning vjgaero. I have a 24 capsule machine that is great but sure has it's problems. I have a problem of the capsules sticking in the holes. Only one or two but it's still a pain. I have sanded the holes a couple of times and that has helped a lot. Do yours come out ok? If the bottom sticks the cap can't go on correctly and the cap will crush or not go on all the way. It's always messy doing the capping. I freeze the caps after I'm done. My wife used to carry a few with her in a pill box and they would leak at times and yes it is annoying. If it is leaking when you are capping make sure the cap is on all the way. Not sure any of this is helping but this is the things that I have had to do. I have done 1000s of caps of different herbs so it's got easier but it can still be a pain. Happy Days :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom