Cannabis Chocolate from scratch

IMG_0513.jpg

This might be a little 'extra' in terms of supplies but if you can grow weed inside, you have the patience to make chocolate:

There's two ways I know of to temper chocolate that have worked for me. The traditional cold slab technique and one I recently tried: Alton Brown's much easier method.

I prefer the cold slab because I'm a horrible control freak and I like micromanaging in the kitchen. I also feel I can get a much shinier result with cold slab BUT I have only done AB's method once so ignore my rambling <3

OK SO...I used hash oil/RSO/boiled down tincture. Plenty of info already on here how to make those.
I prefer raw honey because flavor. Sure it might have some super food shit going on but alas...that is not why I like it.
Cacao butter. Supposedly this will work with raw but I use refined cacao butter
Cacao powder: Dark double dutch processed. My next evolution in this recipe will be playing around with types of cocoa....wondering if I could get an Oreo-type bar using black cocoa and mallow. Whoops....still rambling....
Flavor or not: not required but it adds the proverbial J'ne sais quoi (been a while since I Frenched and then it was only Quebecois so if there's any real French people here....I apologize profusely). A decent vanilla at the very least. I used some Watkin's rum flavor because I rarely use it and I'm out of vanilla until my beans come in (it's cheaper and yummier to make your own but that's another post)

The deets:

130g cacao butter
90g honey
3g hash oil
45g cacao powder
pinch salt
Flavoring

I try to avoid heating my canna-infused ingredients to much once their made but since you never want to let the chocolate get above like 100f, no worries about destroying the cannabinoids \o/

Put er'thing except the flavoring in whatever MacGuyver'd double boiler you have and go to town!

(if someone wants to do dosing math for me, that'd be spectacular (oil is Gelat.OG and Critical Sour Diesel CBD...good luck)

Back
Top Bottom