Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

I've been reading all these post and I think I found the right people to help me.

I'm 30yr make with stage IV cancer. The doctors want me to start chemo next week but I'm reluctant because I think it will just make my remaining days painful. So I spent the past 3 days reading everything on the Internet about RS oil. And it looks hopeful but I am still very unsure it will cure me or even help me but I am going to try it.

I received an ounce of "good medicinal" bud from California. I watched a video online about how to make a small amount of RS oil using everclear (it was a woman doctor making it in her kitchen). I think I was able to follow the process but I have a few important questions still:

1. How much RS oil will I get out of the ounce?
2. Once I store it in a syringe, do I leave it in a drawer or refrigerate?
3. I have only smoked weed like 5 times in my life so my questions may seem dumb or pathetic but how much will I be able to handle and still function and go to work?
4. When you say put a 1/2 of a rice size of oil on my gum, is that going to make me high? How often do I do that to start and how do I progress.

I'm really sorry for the ignorant questions but I'm scared and I'm fighting for my life and I need all the info I can get.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and I hope I hear from you soon. I plan on making the oil in a few hours.

God bless you all.

Hi FightinCaner,

No ignorant questions...not on this subject.

1. Depending on the quality of your MMJ (medical marijuana) 2-4 grams on the norm. 2 being lower buds 3 grams middle & top buds 4-5
2. Cool dark drawer or I prefer a safe (kids, pets, etc.) Has a long shelf life up to 5 yrs I believe.
3. Dosing procedure was especially set-up to insure there is no euphoric, designed for people like you to take every precaution that they will be clear headed and able to function completely normal @ work or anywhere.
4. Go to the top of this thread on page 1 print that out as a reference and keep reviewing on the dosing procedure. Then if unsure still ask away. Note: you can start smaller doses (you have some time to build up to what you need to kill the cancer).

I totally understand your concerns and your fight for life...just don't rush too fast and make mistakes and try to keep calm as hard as it is. Take your time on the concentrate as many who 1st make it think of quantity instead of quality...also for more re-assurance on your amount of dose start off even smaller amount than a half grain of rice and make sure you TACK properly. Also its common for people who 1st try the concentrate to get thoughts of OMG, I'm going to work on this 'what if I get high !). Follow directions on the dosing method and you will be FINE. Also if possible try it on the weekends. DO NOT START @ NIGHT if you have any SATIVA strain in your ounce of bud...you will be scanning channels in the wee hrs. Start 1st thing in the A.M. after you eat breakfast, then brush the teeth, then start dosing. You will need to be dosing during the day, even @ work, so keep your dosing regiment going but be very discreet on your breaks (bathroom stall or whatever privacy you can afford). Keep in mind when the oil is warmer from the weather be careful as it comes out much faster. Do not feel overwhelmed and everything will fall into place.

Chemo... have a friend with stage 4 breast cancer who uses the concentrated cannabis oil while doing chemo (she would rather not but does not have access to the amount she needs to kill the cancer (Texas) and has no where to get the oil she needs there and has her Daughter get it to her (do not know how) and says without the oil she thinks she would be gone by now (her words, but has been on chemo a couple of years). The Cannabis Concentrated Oil WILL KILL CANCER (except I heard...not bone cancer, but, can keep it in check). If that is the route you take, as mentioned the concentrate will help immensely for appetite, pain & sleep depending on what strain you have (Sativa..Indica, Hybrid, etc.) You want Indica dominate if possible so you will have the munchies, and better sleep. It is very important to stay hydrated and nourished as well as rest @ night. Lets start with this for right now as not to be overwhelmed. There is no doubt in my mind you will come out of this ordeal perfectly healthy, so keep this thought and replace the unknowns that your facing.

I don't care if its a hiccup...if you feel something different while your dosing the concentrated cannabis oil, you post your feelings. Most of the time you just need water and food when feeling a tad nauseous. We'll discuss chemo down the road, especially when the session breaks if that is the route you want to travel.
The heal on Cannabis concentrated Oil takes longer with chemo because it has to heal that damage also. Why I mentioned the chemo breaks. Just to ponder when @ that bridge. One more mention keep a very strick dosing regiment time...your body appreciates it very much.

T/C and you HAVE to keep us update ! plz

I've been reading all these post and I think I found the right people to help me.

I'm 30yr make with stage IV cancer. The doctors want me to start chemo next week but I'm reluctant because I think it will just make my remaining days painful. So I spent the past 3 days reading everything on the Internet about RS oil. And it looks hopeful but I am still very unsure it will cure me or even help me but I am going to try it.

I received an ounce of "good medicinal" bud from California. I watched a video online about how to make a small amount of RS oil using everclear (it was a woman doctor making it in her kitchen). I think I was able to follow the process but I have a few important questions still:

1. How much RS oil will I get out of the ounce?
2. Once I store it in a syringe, do I leave it in a drawer or refrigerate?
3. I have only smoked weed like 5 times in my life so my questions may seem dumb or pathetic but how much will I be able to handle and still function and go to work?
4. When you say put a 1/2 of a rice size of oil on my gum, is that going to make me high? How often do I do that to start and how do I progress.

I'm really sorry for the ignorant questions but I'm scared and I'm fighting for my life and I need all the info I can get.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and I hope I hear from you soon. I plan on making the oil in a few hours.

God bless you all.

I appreciate your the response and concern.

I just made my first patch and at the end of the process, I was left with much less oil than I expected. The MJ smelled very strong and it was dry. My friend assured me it was good MMJ from California but the output wasn't great.

I also am having a hard time with the oil. It hardens right away which makes it hard to use. Is that normal?

I read your original post about tacking- thanks. I tried it and I can't tell if it stuck to my gum or not. I had some residue left on my finger when I was done. Hope I did it right.

How many times a day and how much should I tack? A half grain of rice 3 times a day?

One last question- how much MJ is needed to make enough oil to kill my cancer?

Thank you again for responding. You are helping me and my gf feel like we have someone helping us.

God Bless

TY...1st off, how many grams did you get...if you know? As mentioned before, lower the yield...lower the quality. Lets not judge so quickly on that right now, it was your 1st time...a friend did some and spilled his 1st batch. Also as I side note you should look into the Magic Butter Machine listed here on 420 Magazine under (420 HQ..Sponsers) : MagicalButter.com | MagicalButter.com. . This equipment wasn't available until recently and on their site they have a recipe for MBO (Magic Butter Machine Oil). The one that you need:
. I'm ordering one today and the reason is very simple...Its simple to use and SAFE SAFE SAFE and VERY convenient to use no matter what the weather because you can do it inside SAFELY ! Not to mention they used Everclear Alcohol (safe for consumption) and makes this a much better approach than using 'chemicals', especially for the novice. Takes a load off to know how safe your concentrate is...and the convenience is so much better.
Their the only ones that I know of that has this type of rig. I know, money starts adding up...but, safety is IMPORTANT and starting off with the right 'tools' is essential and SAVES money in the long run.

The concentrated oil when cold can turn into axle grease and so its a good sign that the oil is decent, if still runny, would be a concern. When its cold like that take a hair dryer on LOW and while turning the syringe or what every your container is shortly until the oil becomes more fluid...also if you get the temp of the oil a little warmer than your gum it tacks much easier.

FightinCancer, Read those 'tacking' instructions again ... if your finger moves easily over the spot you 'tacked' you did not keep it in the same spot with pressure applied...do it again, in a few spots. This is important if you want to work and be completely normal while doing so, also keep in mind, this is how the concentrated oil works its magic so well and keeps you under control while curing cancer. After a few times you will feel much more comfortable and it will become easy (just always focus on dosing properly and never rush, even when experienced. This is a lot to absorb @ 1st...have your GF pitch in, they love to help and can be a HUGE asset in helping you with the instructions because they are more focused and are not as overwhelmed as you are battling cancer. Have her go over the instructions with you so you BOTH understand. With your focus on the cancer and trying to learn everything at once you read but don't read because you got the BIGGIE always on the back burner. USE HER HELP (TEAM WORK). Really takes a load off.

A Cancer treatment on Concentrated Cannabis Oil is approx. 1 lb of TOP SHELF Cannabis and should produce approx. 60 grams on average. You do not need it all @ once and their are many ways to work out a plan (don't think you cannot do this). Example: 1/8 of a pound (2 ounces) @ a time, a half pound, etc;. I would recommend trying to use the same strain (it will always FEEL the same, and when using different strains you feel different and might not think its working as well) and also remember to keep your dosing times as close to the same times as possible (your body loves regiment). Have your GF bug the heck out of you to keep reminding you.

Also keep in mind to squeeze in a ounce of a high CBD strain like Harlequin (relieves pain and reduces inflammation on tumors, especially if doing chemo, you won't need their pain meds and makes a HUGE difference on nausea and helps the healing process). We'll touch on that subject and strains as we go along. Right now you have some and regardless of what you have its a start, so by the time your ready for the next batch, you will be well versed on dosing. One last note, if you do not feel much of anything YOUR DOING IT RIGHT ! Just don't take it for granted and get sloppy or rushed on your dosing method !
Your on the right track, keep reading the proper way to dose with your GF (2 heads are better than one when reading important info).

Just know in your mind you will beat this...attitude is very important. The oil helps immensely on attitude just with a much better healthy feeling , also as it gets in your system you will feel much better physically and mentally. STAY FOCUSED Brother !

Its much easier than one thinks once started and you feel confident when you see the magic start to happen and feel assured this will KILL cancer. ANYTHING your not sure of...again...ask.

ps: yes, start off with 3 doses a day right now, small ones (half grain of rice) and we will work you up safely . I reviewed my OP and when 1st posted sometimes you forget some modification that I either forgot to mention at the time or has been updated as a much safer way to dose. We'll walk through it as we go and I will try to update the original asap.

T/C , be safe & G/B

I appreciate your the response and concern.

I just made my first patch and at the end of the process, I was left with much less oil than I expected. The MJ smelled very strong and it was dry. My friend assured me it was good MMJ from California but the output wasn't great.

I also am having a hard time with the oil. It hardens right away which makes it hard to use. Is that normal?

I read your original post about tacking- thanks. I tried it and I can't tell if it stuck to my gum or not. I had some residue left on my finger when I was done. Hope I did it right.

How many times a day and how much should I tack? A half grain of rice 3 times a day?

One last question- how much MJ is needed to make enough oil to kill my cancer?

Thank you again for responding. You are helping me and my gf feel like we have someone helping us.

God Bless

I just read this with my gf and you can't imagine how much we appreciate your detailed response.

I will purchase that Magic Butter machine today. Thanks for that.

Another follow up question- how long do you heat up the oil before you use it? Should be easy to stick on my gums and should I have some stuck on my fingers still?

And how many times do you recommend that I dose? 3 times? 5 times? I definitely get I should make a schedule and stick to it but I didn't know how many times. Is it better to do more 3 times a day or spread it out over 5?

Also, I have no idea how many grams I got. I guess I need to buy a scale- do you have one you can recommend?

You are a great man for taking the time to help.

I have some important errands to run...but, will respond around 2...Thank you for the kind words btw...not great, much more humble than that, just a fellow human helping humans Brother and I see MANY of those @ 420 Magazine.com.. Don't worry about the weight right now, concentrate on small dabs and we will get back to that in a few hrs. And have your questions answered. T/C

ps...get the newest Magic Butter Machine...think its 3. Has improvements....I thought, its 2 apparently. Sry if caused a search:Namaste:

Dear Motoco,

Thanks for the kind words. To be sure, I did NOT have this dosing knowledge until I read your post a half dozen times. I was on the right path but YOU just cut off any further dosing that plants me in the couch for longer periods than I planned!

I think your post was the quintessential AHA! on this issue I have been looking for this info over long period of time. I cannot tell you how many times my wife has just pointed and laughed at me, using her Beavis and Butthead voices, while I try to get her to bring to me the channel changer because..well...my motor skills were too impaired. Don't get me wrong, I certainly had a fun time, but I KNOW most people would not find it fun in the least. And NOW I know that dosing properly does not have to include time travel-as in "how did I get to tomorrow without remember yesterday?"

So, again, I could have stumbled for another couple of years until it dawned on me there had to be another way other than eating the entire dose! You saved my wife a lot of baby sitting of me!!

Speaking of my wife, she is someone who CANNOT take any mental state-of-mind shift without becoming sleepless and, well...very uncomfortable. She does not get high nor drink nor smoke (anymore).

I have a couple gallons, spread over many hybrids and jars, of glycerine tinctures. All of them are slightly different approaches given my conversations with the mod at SkunkPharm. I now understand that anything with a sativa influence, which is most of what I grew for several years (TGA Subcools genetics) makes her very uneasy and sleepless.

I want her to avail herself to my indica dom tinctures but I think it still has too much of a sativa influence. These days it is hard to find a simple indica without a Thai/Mexican/African influence somewhere in its past to create longer internode growth. I intend to grow a total indica (to the degree they are at all available these days in seeds form) and making part of it very weak for her to attempt to titrate.

Do you think the 'on the gums' method would work for glycerin tinctures? I know that alcohol might be faster but she has a problem with ethanol in the least amount. She is very touchy about her conscious state. In fact, she is very much like our Dobes in this way-the worst thing you can do to a Doberman is drug them in anyway. Alert is their design and being other than alert makes them crazy. My wife has had them since she was a baby and we have had them together for 15 years. Seeing my wife drugged is just very sad-she does NOT like it. (Of course, I like it enough for the both of us, and like you said earlier...moderation is good and THAT took me a long time to learn).

Both of us have cancer in our parents lines. I am going to have at least three rounds of RSO available after this summer just to be proactive.

But, her blood pressure is high and she HATES her blood pressure medicine since she is very athletic and her meds tire her and put her to sleep.

Any advice on a hybrid for blood pressure?

Again, thanks for the kind words. And thanks for making your dosing method so clear and concise. I will NEVER take RSO in face-planting doses again (unless, of course, being face planted is what i want to do-lol)!!

Is the oil suppose to just harden in my mouth and stick to my teeth after an hour in my mouth?
What am I doing wrong??

Btw...do you live in a cold house/area? What did you use to make your oil (solvent/carrier)? When warmed up (dab on your finger with hair dryer) after you tack in a couple of spots and have rubbed the rest of the oil over the tacks, look @ your finger, if the oil has shifted position rotate your finger and rub over the tack spots...little film left on your finger, scrape off on the back of your teeth as it will dissolve down the hatch or be absorbed somewhere. If its cold outside the oil will harden and dissolve @ a much slower rate. Did you dose outside in the cold? Dose in a warm place and wait about 15 mins. before going out in the cold...if it hardens up it will go back to a pliable state and start dissolving again...if you can, dose 1/2 hour if going out in the cold. Don't think its what your doing wrong, in fact it sounds like your concentrate came out really good (thick and sticky). You have to account for the temp changes, also if it gets warm and using a oral syringe it will come out FAST so pay heed. You will pick up on all this as time goes also. Did you feel HIGH?

Dear Motoco,

Thanks for the kind words. To be sure, I did NOT have this dosing knowledge until I read your post a half dozen times. I was on the right path but YOU just cut off any further dosing that plants me in the couch for longer periods than I planned!
I think your post was the quintessential AHA! on this issue I have been looking for this info over long period of time. I cannot tell you how many times my wife has just pointed and laughed at me, using her Beavis and Butthead voices, while I try to get her to bring to me the channel changer because..well...my motor skills were too impaired. Don't get me wrong, I certainly had a fun time, but I KNOW most people would not find it fun in the least. And NOW I know that dosing properly does not have to include time travel-as in "how did I get to tomorrow without remember yesterday?"
So, again, I could have stumbled for another couple of years until it dawned on me there had to be another way other than eating the entire dose! You saved my wife a lot of baby sitting of me!
Speaking of my wife, she is someone who CANNOT take any mental state-of-mind shift without becoming sleepless and, well...very uncomfortable. She does not get high nor drink nor smoke (anymore).
I have a couple gallons, spread over many hybrids and jars, of glycerine tinctures. All of them are slightly different approaches given my conversations with the mod at SkunkPharm. I now understand that anything with a sativa influence, which is most of what I grew for several years (TGA Subcools genetics) makes her very uneasy and sleepless.

I want her to avail herself to my indica dom tinctures but I think it still has too much of a sativa influence. These days it is hard to find a simple indica without a Thai/Mexican/African influence somewhere in its past to create longer internode growth. I intend to grow a total indica (to the degree they are at all available these days in seeds form) and making part of it very weak for her to attempt to titrate.

Do you think the 'on the gums' method would work for glycerin tinctures? I know that alcohol might be faster but she has a problem with ethanol in the least amount. She is very touchy about her conscious state. In fact, she is very much like our Dobes in this way-the worst thing you can do to a Doberman is drug them in anyway. Alert is their design and being other than alert makes them crazy. My wife has had them since she was a baby and we have had them together for 15 years. Seeing my wife drugged is just very sad-she does NOT like it. (Of course, I like it enough for the both of us, and like you said earlier...moderation is good and THAT took me a long time to learn).

Both of us have cancer in our parents lines. I am going to have at least three rounds of RSO available after this summer just to be proactive.

But, her blood pressure is high and she HATES her blood pressure medicine since she is very athletic and her meds tire her and put her to sleep.

Any advice on a hybrid for blood pressure?

Again, thanks for the kind words. And thanks for making your dosing method so clear and concise. I will NEVER take RSO in face-planting doses again (unless, of course, being face planted is what i want to do-lol)!!

wingnut,

LoL @ your closing statement Brother ! I hear you, every once in awhile we like the petrified feeling...lmao. But only for the experienced my compadre.

Your a prime example of reading, reading and reading. Hell you where so well versed I thought I found a soul mate to spread the word CORRECTLY, lol. I'm so pleased you can see the difference between clear headed and how the med works properly compared to euphoric by digesting. I'm stoked for you Bro !

Your wife: As you probably have found out the Sativa dosed this way will give you energy abound and start shedding weight in about 3 weeks. So here is a blend the wife and I use that works AWESOME. For daytime...harlequin mixed with a good OG/Hybrid, everyone is a little different on their likes so this is just a guideline and can be tweaked just for you/wife. 1/4 oz of a high cbd strain like harlequin/cannatonic to 3/4 oz of a hybrid like LA Confidential as an example for your wife for daytime...you have to tone down the harlequin because its 75/25 sat. dominant and will wire you to the gills (fine for you to drop the couch lock weight...haha). A strain I've found for the best sleep so far is MasterKush for baby like clean sleep waking up fresh and alert and really works well for shutting down the gears upstairs.

Blood pressure meds: One has to go, you don't need 2 but dosed correctly you can transition easily (both the wife and I had to) and was done safely by using a 'pill cutter' and work your way down. We did this by using 3/4 pill down to 1/2 down to a 1/4 down to nothing in 8 days and didn't miss it as the oil did its job naturally and safely. Same with all our meds...we only use just oil and haven't even needed a aspirin in almost 2 years (seems like I've been saying that for a year...lol). Meds are a touchy subject...I would never tell anyone directly to stop them and they will work with the oil dosed correctly (many of them the side affects go away, like sleeping pills), but we also know they have many side effects that are harmful, so ultimately that is a decision the patient has to make. My personal opinion though is OIL. During the time I've been using the oil correctly I've learned any changes I feel...headache coming on, etc;, I dab just a little, little dose and all be gone. In fact the wife and I haven't been sick since taking the oil...and if we did get like the flu or cold it was so minor it felt like a small discomfort if anything.

A friend of ours like your wife...no smoke, no drink and in fact very religious and anti euphoric, when she seen what it did for her husbands severe depression she tried it and NEVER looked back...in fact, like you have seen the light.

Its endless what you can achieve with blends Brother...preventive maintenance goes a long way not only against cancer but for so many things after a while you start thinking...oh oh this is why its all about money. You can regiment your health and lifestyle for many many years to come. Pain free, sick free, and a feeling of healthy aurora that in its own right is better than any high EVER ! That being said, I love your last line on your post...ever now and again the wife and I like to explore the planets and if the mood is right the oil makes viagra look like 1 min. energy...hahahaha...seriously!

Plz keep us posted on what you learn as the days go by and you keep seeing your health improve to levels you never thought possible...and age doesn't matter, just takes a little longer to heal what has been years of wearing out with age. Also you could be a big asset helping with the knowledge you are gaining. Play it forward...it will be your new passion, WORD !

Thank you Brother !

ps: if you have a little feeling of nausea the oil is telling you to drink water and a small snack :high-five:

Hi,

Excellent response. As you gleaned from my post, I am not a neophyte. I have quite the entho garden..cactus, nice flowers, cannabis, etc.

I also went to law school a few years ago and it fired up my brain. I have found that I make better decisions these days and my learning ability is off the charts. Yes, I do read and read and read. I probably spent thirty hours this week just trying out different boolean search terms to keep trying to find answers to my questions. That is how I found YOU. lol. Gotta love the intertubes.

I know the hybrids you speak of. My friend Subcool has Pennywise available. It has tested real well and, of course, is selling real well. I am not so convinced that the myopic focus on cbd's is the end all of the investigation into the healing power of cannabis. I still think there are many things we are missing and we need to keep doing what you are doing...trying new things and confounding gwpharma and their sativex crap. We need to make that stuff obsolete long before it hits the US market. It is in Canada and too many academic institutions are getting on the gwpharma train to prove that THEIR one-size-fits-all product should replace that nasty weed we keep growing and making our brews out of. Clean labs make better products..and more profits, according to them.

I like the idea of blends and experimentation. I intend to grow a large variety of old school indicas, some hybrids by alphakronic, some of serious seeds indicas and some of subs sats this summer. I feel a mad scientist summer and fall!

I know my wife wants understands that this medicine is powerful. I just need to be patient. some people fear the acceleration. I was born into the acceleration. I was smoking opiated hash at 11 and doing other psychedelic things at twelve. I have seen the edge of the universe many times on many things...but the medicine of ganja is what I have returned to in my golden years.

I have found that heating up with some hot tap water my RSO syringe helps to make the oil pliable enough to use and make small doses with. Too cold...it lumps up. Too warm, it turns runny.

I learned to get it body temp because I have to inject testosterone every ten days. Genetic defect inherited from a dad I barely knew...I stopped producing testosterone about ten years ago. I learned to heat the vial up before trying to inject it...it is a cypianate..this oil..and takes about sixty seconds to get it from the syringe into my thigh muscle unless I heat it up. Huge needle...I use my RSO oil to get pain free before my injections. Really helps a LOT.

I have always liked Master Kush..good suggestion. I will add that to the list.

It is good to find another fellow traveler in you. We need, as you said, to keep paying it forward and sharing our knowledge. I have been around cannabis for fifty years now. And, with moderation, hope to be here for a bit longer.

With friends like you and others I have found on this road, I know it will be fun as well as very practical. Good combination when we are short timers on this bus:)

I will report back on how my wife does in her first week of trying very low doses of tincture. She will be quite a handful if I ever have to get her on RSO..lmao...no shit...she will be a pain in my butt..but I will win.

Logic and results always win.

We have so much in common its SCARY...o.k. except you went to law school, I retired @ studied the last couple of years in the concentrates...lol, I'm afraid to ask your age...born around 49?. The road traveled from your Dad to present has amazing similarities and not to get far off topic, but DAMN, missing Brother? lmao. Like you, my learning senses have awakened and I crave knowledge ( guess the LSD awakened and I don't have to stare @ a piece of bark no more..hahaha). I knew you where well versed in gardening ;) btw I started learning to grow the same time as learning the concentrates started so I knew I had quality product. But, learning two things @ once for me isn't the easiest task .... its been a long 2 yrs, but, the concentrate has helped in so many ways to keep me focused and moving forward. In a couple more months dosing the proper way you will be PISSED if they give you a senior discount without asking...no joke, I feel 20. Guess what??? I've tried my first joint @ 15 ... I've smoked for 50 yrs come Sept...hahaha. BTW the bus you mention will be further down than road than you think my friend, check that thought in about a yr. from now on the concentrate. Your more intellectual than I am ( I know this because I have the urge to look up a couple of your words...hopefully the more on the gardening side...lol) and I always appreciate smarter friends :) .
Another good strain around for some time for sleep is Afgan Kush and has always had a rep for some quality oil....I haven't had the pleasure of the concentrate but as mentioned its a good night time med smoked, and well versed on herb, you can tell by the brain shut down.

Dead on about the logic and results always win... which interpreted another way is good old fashion common sense. Plz keep updated.

Final thought: I look for a long friendship Brother !

Peace Happiness & Pancakes

ps...movie tip: LIMITLESS check it out if you haven't .... and what do you think the magic pill could be... one from the G, the other by his own chemist :thumb:

Btw...do you live in a cold house/area? What did you use to make your oil (solvent/carrier)? When warmed up (dab on your finger with hair dryer) after you tack in a couple of spots and have rubbed the rest of the oil over the tacks, look @ your finger, if the oil has shifted position rotate your finger and rub over the tack spots...little film left on your finger, scrape off on the back of your teeth as it will dissolve down the hatch or be absorbed somewhere. If its cold outside the oil will harden and dissolve @ a much slower rate. Did you dose outside in the cold? Dose in a warm place and wait about 15 mins. before going out in the cold...if it hardens up it will go back to a pliable state and start dissolving again...if you can, dose 1/2 hour if going out in the cold. Don't think its what your doing wrong, in fact it sounds like your concentrate came out really good (thick and sticky). You have to account for the temp changes, also if it gets warm and using a oral syringe it will come out FAST so pay heed. You will pick up on all this as time goes also. Did you feel HIGH?

I do live in cold weather. I used Everclear to make my oil. Maybe I am not warming it up long enough but so far I am having such a hard time with this. It immediately turns back to a solid in my mouth and then sticks to my teeth and then i eventually just get frustrated and swallow it.
I dont feel high at all. In fact, I don't feel anything the past 2 days. I'm not sure if its working or if I am doing it right.
I am getting worried that I messed something up or maybe I put too much hope into this.

Looking forward to hear back- very concerned right now

I do live in cold weather. I used Everclear to make my oil. Maybe I am not warming it up long enough but so far I am having such a hard time with this. It immediately turns back to a solid in my mouth and then sticks to my teeth and then i eventually just get frustrated and swallow it.
I dont feel high at all. In fact, I don't feel anything the past 2 days. I'm not sure if its working or if I am doing it right.
I am getting worried that I messed something up or maybe I put too much hope into this.

Looking forward to hear back- very concerned right now

1st off if you don't feel anything your doing it CORRECTLY... you just need to warm it up if COLD so it will be pliable, just enough to where it is useable and this info was for if its stored in a oral syringe (when cold doesn't come out easy). The concentrated oil has characteristics that moves to cold away from heat. If it is cold in your house/apartment etc;, and you dose it will harden, but if tacked properly you will be fine and when in a warmer climate it will start softening. Make sure after tacking a few spots next to each other
keep rubbing the remainder over the tack spots, left overs? ... slightly warm up again and apply to your tongue instead of the back of your teeth if that is bothering you. Warmer weather soon I hope :).

FightinCancer...its normal and correct the way your feeling, your doing it right...I understand your concerns, but, the idea here is to step up your dosing in a safe manner with no euphoric and to have the med work properly. I know its hard to understand 'patience' because of your cancer, perfectly normal, you want it gone asap if not sooner, its a process, just like chemo. You don't feel much of anything the 1st few days, its working its way into your system.

Next question...do you know what type of strain of MJ you have? Is it Sativa, Indica or Hybrid (mix of Sativa/Indica) so I can tell what to look for as a feeling indicator, i.e.; do you feel a little more innergetic or a tired feeling? These are noticeable indicators that the oil is in your system and working. Maybe if you don't know ask the source that sent it.

I just don't know the potency of the MJ you used...it sounds to me your Oil was made correctly, even if not perfect, it still should be plenty potent.

I think your doing it right especially with no high. I can tell you from experience the concentrated cannabis oil is the REAL deal and your faith/hope is in the right place. Be patient, stop stressing out, stay calm.

If you want to know if your oil is potent .... at night when ready for sleep, take a drop about the size of 1/2 grain of rice drop it on a cracker, warm it to spread easy, add another cracker (like a sandwich) and eat it. You have already been dosing the correct way, so this test is much more safer. It could take from a hr.- 2 before you feel anything .... if you feel that and it feels pretty potent your MJ should be fine. If not, its not your hope in the wrong place. If you know a friend where u live who smokes he could put a tiny dab of your oil on a bud, throw it in a pipe and see if the effect is much more potent. Sometimes we have to experiment to know what is working or not. It can be done in a safe environment and with a SMALL dose know whether you MJ is potent for your needs.

Do you work outside?

Patient Brother ... really besides the oil sticking to your teeth...did you miss your gums or hit your teeth with the oil getting to your gums? Don't panic, it will digest. Also note...'tack' spots done properly are there the next day, I have like a 'tack' road on my bottom gums...lol. The beauty of this when applying your next dose it grabs the oil as it is rubbed across the tack and sticks instead of washing down to your stomach (g2) receptors and avoid the unexpected euphoria.

I think your doing it correctly... again just have patience, get rid of the - and get +.
Thank you for keeping in touch as this moves along...those unknowings @ the start is perfectly common (especially the NO FEEL nothing) because people want to feel results right away. Keep the intel coming in and you can do this. Trust me, as I would never EVER think of giving bad information to sick people Brother. Remember, don't RUSH...you have time, you just don't think so.

Keep on doing exactly what you have been doing. Also if possible get a oral syringe for storage...much easier to use and its marked so you can see how much you have used, but do this on your next batch....it would be too messy for you right now to pack into a oral syringe especially if its cold...lot of times pharmacys give them to you when you ask the pharmacist (used for measuring some juicing additives like lemon juice concentrate).

Final thought: If I tack and drink ice water right afterward the oil will turn into 'axle grease' and stay where it lays until your body temp takes over..also make a mental note if leaving right after you tack in cold weather keep your mouth closed to keep your mouth warmer inside. keep on dosing with your oil that you made. When you get your Magic Butter Machine follow that recipe I linked, with the video link. Get some more bud (request that it is TOP SHELF) and try that batch. Your on the right path...know this.

motoco

How long do you recommend I heat up the oil for using it?
And you think I should apply it 3 times a day??

I just got word from my friend that its called Diesel. Does that help at all?? i googled it and read its a A- grade and a Sativa Dominant.
Not sure what that means.

Hi FC: WARM up...not heat up, just so its more pliable (soft). You are pressing firmly on your gums .... correct?

Yes 3 times a day for right now. You keep tabs when 1 week is up on that dosage, then let me know. Slow we go right now.

Diesel is fine...with a Sativa dominate you should start feeling a little more perky than normal in a few more days. Next batch though you might want to consider Sativa dominate for the day and Indica like Master Kush for sleep. Have you noticed its hard to go to sleep?

Honestly, besides the cold, I think your doing everything RIGHT ! Remember, this is the safe method to dose with no euphoric, so your not going to feel much of anything right away. Just keep doing the 3 doses a day and when one week is up and then tell me what if any changes you feel.

I'll check back around 3:15.

Yes I am pressing firmly on my gums.

Sounds good. I will let you know how my next dose goes

O.K....remember, if by chance you get euphoric .... eat and drink something. Anything else post asap. TY

Back
Top Bottom