Making Honey Oil

I've been looking for this for quite some time and found this. Why Honey Oil? No cyclophil or sugars pulled out, which means better taste, better smell & more concentrate of the 'good stuff', concentrated cannabis oil.
The only thing I don't know is if the consistency is like Rick Simpsons type oil. This is important as wax, shattered glass like concentrate does not work on Simpsons dosage method. Finding N-Hexane is relatively easy to find, pay attention to what type to use. There are MANY great info facts & tips on this site ! Enjoy.

Hexane Honey Oil | Skunk Pharm Research LLC

motooil :peace:

I used another method to change RSO to honey oil back in the day. I believe I found it inside the back cover on a Doctor Atomic comic In a mayonaise jar (has to be a mayonaise jar and lid as I believe the waxed lid helps separaration) that was washed well use 1 part oil, three parts ethyl ether Then match that amount with distilled water. Next turn jar upside down and then upright, wait a few seconds 5 or 10 then slightly open jar to burp the pressure. Repeat the process of turning upside down and then uprigh and burp 100 times. Then let sit to seperate. once clear lines of separation (usually overnight) . The top layer is what you want it contains the clean honey oil and ether. To remove this layer from jar you will need two pieces of small tubing. The first piece of tubing needs pushed through lid and close to the bottom of the first oil ether layer. The second layer of tubing gets pushed into air layer. Seal up where tubing goes through lid with some hot glue or putty. Find another container big enough to contain the amount in top layer. Next blow in tube that pokes into the air layer and the pressure will force the liquid to the depth of the straw empty container. This method does not disturb the layers. You also will not get the total layer in the first go.. Don't worry we will get that by pushing the tube in first layer a tiny bit into second layer blowin in the airspace tube getting the rest of top layer and a little from the second layer. Using a test tube or other thin and tall tube. If neede you can add more ether. repeat the process of one tube in air layer and the other in top layer close to second layer the other end of tubing into the first oil ether you collected. Ethyl Ether is highly flammable. Pour into clean glass pie or cake dish and using excessive ventilation you can let evaporate with a cheese cloth cover either naturally or on a double boiler or heating pad. Myself I use a blow dryer on low heat low fan blowing the fumes out an open window. then when I can smell only the honey oil I do a vacuum evacuation with a home made unit I make by using chinese vacuum cups and a widemouth canning jar. Chinese cupping sets are pretty cheap, some thicker and on amazon,ebay, walmart. Each cup in the set is a possible vaccum container. A set with 20 cups sells for about 20 dollars. Drill a hole in center of jar lid and epoxy one of the vacuum cups over the hole, let set. Add concentrate to jar tighten lid place in pan of cold water then heat not to exceed 120 F. Then use vacuum gun to extract as much air as possible wait ten minutes and try to pull more air. When no more bubbles rise to surface set container still under vacuum in warm area overnite. At this point should have all ether outa little pretest is sticking a sewing needle in . if it crackles and pops or cat ches fire right away repeat vacuum extraction. When done you can smoke with a dab rig, oil pipe, dripped on a bong hit or smeared on a paper for a joint. Meself I pull what I can into a syringe then put some cleaned pot in it to wipe up the rest, adding pot and heat as needed. I do not know where to buy ether. I bought my first Quart from a budget tapes and records and some head shop items under the counter. or extracted it from starting fluid. The last time i tried that I found they had added a chemical that stayed with the ether through my water washes. So any other ways to aquire ether would be appreciated. Oh and it is very strong and warning people to take small hits never worked. You can hardly taste it on the inhale so you dont know the size hit you take till it xpands so much you are left coughing on the ground. a good old time stoner friend went to the hospital swearing I laced it with something even though the hospital could not dectect anything but the pot. Other extraction chemicals may work with this method, maybe heptane I really do not have that knowledge to pull from. I did once make a centrifuge with a 3450 rpm motor and wire hangers bent to cradle test tubes. Befor the motor hit top speed the test tubes shattered leaving a line of oil 3 feet from the floor without gaps artound the whole room that even six coats of flat white could not cover. Not quite the separation I was attempting. a little more cautious these days but clumsier too.

Back
Top Bottom