Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Thank you so much for the thorough answer, very much appreciated. What I have is called "DP Sativa" from a friend who runs a store in C.O. He knows about my condition and recommended this. That's all the info I have (could get more if necessary--this is all extremely new to me). So changes I will make:
-Do tacking during the day.
-Just 1/4 a grain to a bit (was doing too much too soon)
-I tried it yesterday and was successful. Small amount, tacked well. So weird feelings. No teeth covered in oil. Had taste in back of tongue few hours later.

Thanks again! Will keep going in this manner :)

I tried to google this DP strain and what comes up is called Durban Passion. I don't know if this is what you have but it is listed as pure sativa. If true this is defenitly a daytime oil. If you could please get more info on your oil that would be helpful. Also ask what the carrier was to extract the oil. Thanks.

Thank you so much, cajun? We are friends, lol. We trade knowledge. It wasn't about us. We 'love' each other, seriously. Why our passion is so strong. Just a rest.

Really appreciate your concern!

Motoco

For the record, this is not about Motoco & I.
I inadvertently stopped into a land mine of politics before I had even posted initially.
We know it & why. We've chosen to move past the "mine field".
Mo & To are my wife & I's family. Yours too I bet.
There is/are folks that seem to have felt I was promoting BHO.
The FACT is I don't. Yes, I know how. No, I don't recommend it for our med use for many reasons. I've never pushed what Motoco & I call the " high octane " stuff on here, anywhere, & especially not as oil.

Motoco knows himself that I never mean shatter & all that stuff. I vape with a MFLB, smoke pipes, & fight Cancer. I'm NEVER talking about the butane stuff in my posts. I don't even make it anymore.

Subject is dropped. If I don't return, it wasn't by my choice.

Hey Cajun, your top shelve in my humble soul. You Motoco, mo, fsc and all of the others here are family. Your path is (hopefully) to hang out here and help save lives and spread the word.

The miss has a question: What are people doing to help their pets with tumors and other ailments?

Hi 60cal,
I remember reading some old posts about treating horses and dogs for cancer. The tx so far is the same as for us except in smaller doses for dogs. I also remember it being said that some dogs are harder to tack and they have a tendency to lick at the oil. They seem to like the oil taste. So I guess you can say puppy steps for them. :cheesygrinsmiley: I suppose you could always try the anal gland route for them since that is mucouse membrane.

fsc

Thanks for the reply FSC, I'll have to dig deep on this.

I'm still here after the advice og motoco and cajuncelt, things has gone better for a few days with tacking procedure
The dose was 0.12 grams divided in four time.
Then I started to increase adding two other doses things seems to be good for a couple of day but the third day my father was euphoric again.
Now I'm very confused I think my strain(Somango) are not working well.
Tomorrow i will have some new oil rich in CBD to blend
Don't you know if is possible for us to come to US(Colorado,California) and find someone with experience with the oil to help us
Thanks in advance
Jerry

Yes, I was only tacking once a day. Trying to add another. Most;y just forget as I'm managing a lot of other supplements, specialized meals, probiotics, etc. all around my medical condition.

Had a problem the other day, did it in the afternoon and watched a movie. Let it sit on my gums and moved the little saliva I generated around my mouth. ended up kind of burning or making the inside of my lower lip raw. Was pretty uncomfortable the new time I tacked the following day. Learned a lesson there for my case. Better to move it around the other parts of my gums/mouth after about 30-60 minutes.

Thanks for clarilying that. I mentioned that I have to work with my saliva because I have a problem with dry mouth also. I have not ever posted about it on here and no one has ever asked this question. Twice I had the problem of the oil staying around too long while I slept. The 2nd time was on purpose (I experimented on myself) . I HATE being stoned. I dry my gum also to help with the tack. But the oil is not water soluable so it will never ALL disappear through the absorbtion process. I found out that my lower lip stayed dry while I slept and the oil never dissapated and got ingested until I woke up and licked that lower lip/gum area clean. So my next experiment was to control what little saliva I have in my mouth. Once I get the tack done right I let that area stay dry for about 15 minutes. Some cannabinoinds in the oil absorb through and get to those CB1 receptors first. I don't have the scientific reasons why this works for me but it does work. I then "work" with my saliva to get the oil to dissapate throughout my mouth. The inside of your mouth is all mucous membraine which means further absortion will take place. I don't swallow it for awhile because I REALLY don't want to get stoned and I also believe that getting it to the CB1 receptors before you swallow it to get to the CB2 receptors promotes healing. You will eventually swallow what oil is left in your mouth. As long as you achieved good absorbtion while in your mouth you will not get stoned on the oil that gets swallowed. Do NOT brush your teeth to get rid of the oil. Instead, drink and eat to help it go down once you are sure enough time has passed.

Now for a little more info on the dosing size. Working the smallest amount 2 to 3 times a day is better than working with 1 larger amount once a day. This is where the baby steps come in. You said that would be your ultimate challenge. :cheesygrinsmiley: Be patient and trust in the oil. You are already tacking so it is already starting to work for you.

The ice water the Motoco mentioned is for folks that get a taste right away. Some do not like or tolerate the taste and small amount of ice water to gentle rinse and spit it out helps them. We have them spit that water out because not enough time has passed for enough absortion to take place. I don't mind the taste, hopefully you will get use to the taste also. I only know the taste of my oil and from what I understand different oils different tastes. And of course everyone's taste buds are different.

How often are you tacking. It sounds like you are only tacking one time in the evening. Remind me what strain your oil was made with??
:peace:
fsc

I'm still here after the advice og motoco and cajuncelt, things has gone better for a few days with tacking procedure
The dose was 0.12 grams divided in four time.
Then I started to increase adding two other doses things seems to be good for a couple of day but the third day my father was euphoric again.
Now I'm very confused I think my strain(Somango) are not working well.
Tomorrow i will have some new oil rich in CBD to blend
Don't you know if is possible for us to come to US(Colorado,California) and find someone with experience with the oil to help us
Thanks in advance
Jerry

Hey Jerry. I know that strain. Big time indica, so it should be great at night & relaxing.
What is your dad feeling specifically?
I would reduce the dosage back to where he's comfortable.
But first, make sure what he's feeling is not just the indica (strain) effects. For example, he feels tired/sleepy during the day.

That would be due to the strain, not necessarily the dose.

I would recommend a sativa dominant strain during the day. If dosed correctly, there would be no tiredness.

Motoco's working on some blisters today, but can probably offer a solution.

You don't necessarily need the CBD mix for such a heavy indica, but if you've a specific purpose or want the synergistic benefits...

Thanks for the answer,Cajuncelt
It seems that when I reduce the dose from 0.2 TO 0.1 grams for day divided in 6 times my father experience symptoms similar to Cannabinoid hyperemesis,muscle pain,anxiety,less appetite.
If i increase the dose 0.2 grams a day divided in six things start going better for a couple of day, then he start to have problem with memory,speaking with non sense,
I don't know what to do.Continue with 0.1 dose and wait he overcome a possible intoxication or go away with 0.2 dose and wait is body
build up a tolerance?
Jerry

I was supposed start harp lessons many moons ago. I've used the oil as a 1st line treatment for almost 2 years & tacking for about 6 months.

My CEA count is stable, no further mets at this point. The tumor in my colon is gone, but cancer is still present. The tumors on my liver have shrunk, but are still there. Just hanging out.

Real quick, the supplements...
The Alkaline Diet is a huge mistake. Wives tales. You CANNOT change the acidity of your internal organs, nor your blood. You can only alter the urine acid content. The human body's acidity levels are well regulated & are a constant level. A change in this, if possible, would result in death. Acidosis. The diet is a clever concept, but rubbish. If you would like more info on this, I can point you to detailed info about the diet.

The diet is great for staying away from cancer-feeding foods though. Absolutely stay away from processed foods, including processed meats. Sugar is your #1 enemy. It is a medical fact that cancer cells have 4x the glucose receptors that normal cells have & actually hoard sugar. Cancer feeds on sugar.

Also, there are many discussions out there about the use of supplements that are similar to introcannabinoid agonists like Tumeric. I shy away from this subject as it's all conjecture in my experience so far.

The experience you had previously was a prime & typical example of overdosing. It's pretty scary & uncomfortable, but remember, you can't die from it.
You've experienced 1st hand why the correct dose is important & can move on now to dosing/applying correctly to avoid that. We'll all help with that.

Also, I've posted about a dozen studies in all on cannabinoids & their use in treating colon cancer in the colon cancer thread on this website. You might find comfort in knowing the oil is real.

Stopping chemo was a huge deal for me. I was assured of die & die quickly without it. I was made to feel like a complete irresponsible idiot for stopping the chemo. I used Folfox6, Zeloda w/ Avastin, & Folfuri. I had the baddest chemo on the planet for over a year. In my research to basically live, I became very informed on chemo, cannabinoids, cancer, etc. I made the choice to stop chemo & use the oil solely.
I am NOT advising you to do this. I'm just repeating my journey & what I've experienced so far. But, absolutely start the oil again ASAP. Use tacking as the method & dose as stated in this thread.
Stay on board...

Yes, I was only tacking once a day. Trying to add another. Most;y just forget as I'm managing a lot of other supplements, specialized meals, probiotics, etc. all around my medical condition.

Had a problem the other day, did it in the afternoon and watched a movie. Let it sit on my gums and moved the little saliva I generated around my mouth. ended up kind of burning or making the inside of my lower lip raw. Was pretty uncomfortable the new time I tacked the following day. Learned a lesson there for my case. Better to move it around the other parts of my gums/mouth after about 30-60 minutes.

Hello, You are doing good with experimenting to see what works for you. You said you had a problem with it making your lip raw. Did it make you stoned and was it better the next day when you made a change?? I still question what the oil was made with and was it fully decarbed. If you could find out it would really help. My knowledge of the oil is limited to what I have read in these threads and my own experience with it. I have had it burn in my mouth but it was when I tried to tack with too big a dose. (I had just made the oil and was trying not to waste the oil that ended up on the outside of the syringe and on countertop). Lesson learned for me to be more careful and not make suchh a mess. LOL When that happen, my whole mouth was hot including the back of tongue. I did not swallow for over an hour but still got stoned. Another lesson learned. I also do a 911 tack when this happens and that does work but that day it took a bit longer to come down from it. My 911 tack is always the smallest of dose like 1/8 grain of rice. I should mention that when I do have mistakes like this, I can tell that I still had some absorbtion and the stoned feeling is mild compared to if I had just digested or smoked some. I really cannot tolerate either one of those outcomes but I can tolerate and control this feeling with the tacking method.

So if you could please try to find out more about your oil that would be helpful. You also could put the oil in a stainless steel cup and put that on some kind of a warming device and see if it starts to bubble at all. It may be that some of the carrier is still present in the oil. When decarbing you want it "cook" until all bubbleing activity is gone. Also you do not want the oil to go about 250 degrees.

Hang in there. We will do out best to try and figure this out for you.

fsc

I was supposed start harp lessons many moons ago. I've used the oil as a 1st line treatment for almost 2 years & tacking for about 6 months.

My CEA count is stable, no further mets at this point. The tumor in my colon is gone, but cancer is still present. The tumors on my liver have shrunk, but are still there. Just hanging out.

Real quick, the supplements...
The Alkaline Diet is a huge mistake. Wives tales. You CANNOT change the acidity of your internal organs, nor your blood. You can only alter the urine acid content. The human body's acidity levels are well regulated & are a constant level. A change in this, if possible, would result in death. Acidosis. The diet is a clever concept, but rubbish. If you would like more info on this, I can point you to detailed info about the diet.

The diet is great for staying away from cancer-feeding foods though. Absolutely stay away from processed foods, including processed meats. Sugar is your #1 enemy. It is a medical fact that cancer cells have 4x the glucose receptors that normal cells have & actually hoard sugar. Cancer feeds on sugar.

Also, there are many discussions out there about the use of supplements that are similar to introcannabinoid agonists like Tumeric. I shy away from this subject as it's all conjecture in my experience so far.

The experience you had previously was a prime & typical example of overdosing. It's pretty scary & uncomfortable, but remember, you can't die from it.
You've experienced 1st hand why the correct dose is important & can move on now to dosing/applying correctly to avoid that. We'll all help with that.

Also, I've posted about a dozen studies in all on cannabinoids & their use in treating colon cancer in the colon cancer thread on this website. You might find comfort in knowing the oil is real.

Stopping chemo was a huge deal for me. I was assured of die & die quickly without it. I was made to feel like a complete irresponsible idiot for stopping the chemo. I used Folfox6, Zeloda w/ Avastin, & Folfuri. I had the baddest chemo on the planet for over a year. In my research to basically live, I became very informed on chemo, cannabinoids, cancer, etc. I made the choice to stop chemo & use the oil solely.
I am NOT advising you to do this. I'm just repeating my journey & what I've experienced so far. But, absolutely start the oil again ASAP. Use tacking as the method & dose as stated in this thread.
Stay on board...

Wow, Cajun, You are the man with a vast knowledge base. I already knew that but seeing this post with the info you are sharing is more impressive than I knew. I read this member's post last night but was too tired to answer at that time. But, now I cannot find her post anywhere. Do you still see her post on your end?? It has dissapeared on my end. Interesting. What the heck does that mean when a post disappears like that. I have never seen an option to delete my own post. So trying to figure out exactly what is going one here.

On a side not. I would end up in curling into as small a ball that I could if I tried to eat even the smallest amount without tacking.
fsc

Thanks for the answer,Cajuncelt
It seems that when I reduce the dose from 0.2 TO 0.1 grams for day divided in 6 times my father experience symptoms similar to Cannabinoid hyperemesis,muscle pain,anxiety,less appetite.
If i increase the dose 0.2 grams a day divided in six things start going better for a couple of day, then he start to have problem with memory,speaking with non sense,
I don't know what to do.Continue with 0.1 dose and wait he overcome a possible intoxication or go away with 0.2 dose and wait is body
build up a tolerance?
Jerry

It does sound to me like your father is getting stoned from the oil. My knowledge base is limited but what I do know that my husband will get sick (nauseated and general feeling of "I don't feel good") when he does not hydrate and eat enough during the day when dosing. He is a stubborn man and I have to keep after him to eat and drink. I understand your frustration and am not familiar with all the issues your father is having. So my only advice would be to monitor his eating and drinking. Small meals several times a day even if it is just a cracker or a few bites of sandwich. Also water, water, water. He does need to eat before dosing even if he does not feel like it. I always have boost on hand for my husband. Sometimes that is the only thing I can get into him.

Hang in there.
fsc

You're right?! The original post disappeared. I'm assuming the Mods deleted or moved it for some reason. Well dang, it took me 45 mins to type that response from my phone.

Yes mam. I've been on this journey for a day or 2. I spent at least 12 hours a day for a year & a half researching this, speaking to professionals, certifications in detox'g & pharmakonics, you name it...

My goal is to help others avoid my mistakes as terminal illnesses don't lend themselves to save time.

I've tried conventional medicine, Gersen protocol, Budwig therapy, every supplement common to the planet, medicinal cannabis classes/seminars, extraction training...

I'm still here (alive).

Anyway, I just hope ultimately that any of this helps someone. I'm also paying forward what many have given me. Mostly, hope.

Back to trimming, blah. Tired of it already.

It does sound to me like your father is getting stoned from the oil. My knowledge base is limited but what I do know that my husband will get sick (nauseated and general feeling of "I don't feel good") when he does not hydrate and eat enough during the day when dosing. He is a stubborn man and I have to keep after him to eat and drink. I understand your frustration and am not familiar with all the issues your father is having. So my only advice would be to monitor his eating and drinking. Small meals several times a day even if it is just a cracker or a few bites of sandwich. Also water, water, water. He does need to eat before dosing even if he does not feel like it. I always have boost on hand for my husband. Sometimes that is the only thing I can get into him.

Hang in there.
fsc

Yes!
You must have him stay hydrated & well nourished. The oil will take his metabolism up a few notches, so water & nutrition are key.

Congrats 420 Motoco on your nomination for MOTY...with all of your's and Mo's hard work, you certainly deserve it. :bravo:

I have been using the oil for 1 week now and have been noticing some small changes. I mentioned to you before that my normal routine was to eat only 1 meal/day (dinner). I now am eating 3 meals and sometimes a snack or 2 in between, but breakfast and lunch are small in size and my dinner is smaller than it used to be. I find that I get hungry more often than I used to, but I am getting more active, so I guess my body is telling me to stoke the fire (with calories) as I am burning more off.

I purchased a Fitbit Flex bracelet not too long ago as I wanted to actually be able to quantify if my activity levels (steps taken, calories burned, sleep patterns, etc.) were going to change once I started on the oil. Well, I've noticed that I don't wake up as often during the night as I used to (nothing major, but there is a trend in the right direction) and I find that I am able to take more steps each day and I actually feel like I want to do more (my mind tells me "get off the couch and move around more"). Tonight for the first time in well over a year, I got on my recumbent bike and pedaled for 20 minutes. That was a big accomplishment for me. Those CBDs must be doing their work, as my pain doesn't stop me in my tracks as it did before.

In about 2 weeks I will be doing my normal monthly lab work and am curious to see if my kidney function results (serum creatinine and BUN) have improved, as I have been peeing like a racehorse lately (lots). I had a kidney transplant 6 years ago, but have had problems with chronic rejection issues from the get go.

As per your instructions, I've been using 1/4 grain of daytime oil twice/day and 1/4 grain of nightime oil about 1 hour before bed for this past week. Should I start increasing to 1/2 grain for each of my doses now?

Thank you so much Motoco and to all of you who have given me advice and encouragement during my journey in discovering the world of concentrated cannabis oil. This forum is a terrific place and I am so glad that I found it and decided to jump/join in. :thanks:

And to FSC...congrats on your nomination for MOTM. It's a very impressive nomination for someone who hasn't been on this site for very long. You have shown your dedication and willingness to go the extra mile. I wish you luck.

Congrats 420 Motoco on your nomination for MOTY...with all of your's and Mo's hard work, you certainly deserve it. :bravo:

I have been using the oil for 1 week now and have been noticing some small changes. I mentioned to you before that my normal routine was to eat only 1 meal/day (dinner). I now am eating 3 meals and sometimes a snack or 2 in between, but breakfast and lunch are small in size and my dinner is smaller than it used to be. I find that I get hungry more often than I used to, but I am getting more active, so I guess my body is telling me to stoke the fire (with calories) as I am burning more off.

I purchased a Fitbit Flex bracelet not too long ago as I wanted to actually be able to quantify if my activity levels (steps taken, calories burned, sleep patterns, etc.) were going to change once I started on the oil. Well, I've noticed that I don't wake up as often during the night as I used to (nothing major, but there is a trend in the right direction) and I find that I am able to take more steps each day and I actually feel like I want to do more (my mind tells me "get off the couch and move around more"). Tonight for the first time in well over a year, I got on my recumbent bike and pedaled for 20 minutes. That was a big accomplishment for me. Those CBDs must be doing their work, as my pain doesn't stop me in my tracks as it did before.

In about 2 weeks I will be doing my normal monthly lab work and am curious to see if my kidney function results (serum creatinine and BUN) have improved, as I have been peeing like a racehorse lately (lots). I had a kidney transplant 6 years ago, but have had problems with chronic rejection issues from the get go.

As per your instructions, I've been using 1/4 grain of daytime oil twice/day and 1/4 grain of nightime oil about 1 hour before bed for this past week. Should I start increasing to 1/2 grain for each of my doses now?

Thank you so much Motoco and to all of you who have given me advice and encouragement during my journey in discovering the world of concentrated cannabis oil. This forum is a terrific place and I am so glad that I found it and decided to jump/join in. :thanks:

And to FSC...congrats on your nomination for MOTM. It's a very impressive nomination for someone who hasn't been on this site for very long. You have shown your dedication and willingness to go the extra mile. I wish you luck.

Hello C Sprite,
Congrats on the changes you are feeling already. You are definately doing the tacking right and heading in the right direction. :goodjob: You can go ahead and increase your daytime dose. What I would do is add a third dose during the day of the same size as the other 2 doses. It is always done in baby steps and Motoco always says. Also, good job on making the changes to your eating schedule. That is very important as the oil will raise your metabolism even if you do not increase your activity. Keep us posted as you are doing. It will be interesting to get those lab tests back. Good luck!!

Thank you for the nice words about my nomination. I was very surprised to see my name on the list and am just honored to be up there. Motoco is taking a break right now. He was burning the candle on both ends with helping people in his community and staying on top of everything here. He really gave it his all and his posts are here to stay and will continue to help others through those old posts.

fsc

Peeing like a racehorse means you should be drinking water like it is going out of style. You are dehydrating and you must answer your body's craving. Glad to hear you positive results from the oil. Keep going!

WJ

Hey Canjun, I have a question for you about staying away from surgar to fight cancer. I keep hearing this and I keep wondering about carbohydrates in the diet. Since carbohydrates readily turn into glucose does that mean you limit carbs and stick with mostly protien and fats??

as always. :peace:
fsc

Hey Canjun, I have a question for you about staying away from surgar to fight cancer. I keep hearing this and I keep wondering about carbohydrates in the diet. Since carbohydrates readily turn into glucose does that mean you limit carbs and stick with mostly protien and fats??

as always. :peace:
fsc

Cajun, not Canjun. No worries. I can tell who the westerners & yankees are around here. Lol.

As far as carbs, the issues are the same as for sugars. It's about glycomics. Anything high on the glycemic index or causing poorly controlled blood glucose is bad for cancer patients.
Cancer cells live by a process called anaerobic glycolysis. In English, they use glucose as a fuel & lactic acid is the by product. That's why we're so tired all the time.
Some simple sugars are processed well by the body which is why honey, stevia, some fruit sugars, etc. are good.
So, the answer is carbs with a low GI are ok. These are usually unprocessed foods. The more food is stripped of fiber & ground smaller, the higher the glycemic index.

Back
Top Bottom