Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Cajun, not Canjun. No worries. I can tell who the westerners & yankees are around here. Lol.

As far as carbs, the issues are the same as for sugars. It's about glycomics. Anything high on the glycemic index or causing poorly controlled blood glucose is bad for cancer patients.
Cancer cells live by a process called anaerobic glycolysis. In English, they use glucose as a fuel & lactic acid is the by product. That's why we're so tired all the time.
Some simple sugars are processed well by the body which is why honey, stevia, some fruit sugars, etc. are good.
So, the answer is carbs with a low GI are ok. These are usually unprocessed foods. The more food is stripped of fiber & ground smaller, the higher the glycemic index.

Thanks Cajun. I know how to smell your name, I don't know how I messed that up. And yes, I am a yankee. LOL

So the higher the fiber in a carb food the better it is. So nuts, berries, peaches, strawberries and vegetables in raw form are best if you do eat carbs. Is this right??

Hi all, back from 'brain' surgery! Got my much needed mental rest by doing a lot of physical chores :). Great job you guys are doing! I have a little catching up to do still, cannot believe one can get so far behind in so many other area's at home :). How's Canjun doing, lol. Oh, to clarify, cajuncelt as I don't won't the 'yankee' label on me, lol. Cheers fsc!

Cheers,
:circle-of-love:

Hi C Sprite,

Guess what? Your doing everything correctly. Daytime oil will get you motivated to be sure. Peeing like crazy? The oil fixes a lot of things and that is one of them. When you gotta go you gotta go, just like a newborn. Exercise, another win for the daytime oil, as promised the daytime oil changes your mental outlook. I have to say C Sprite I'm impressed. You are in tune with your body. All the things you have mentioned that you pay attention to 'before' and 'after' while taking the oil. What is most impressive you identified your eating disorder and are correcting it. Many folks keep their 'bad' habits and expect the oil to do everything. One has to eat to maintain proper health. Its truly refreshing to help people that 'get it'! Thank you for this!

Yes, now that you are familiar with 'tacking' lets step up to a half grain of rice with the same amount of times on your existing regimen. Also, if you feel like you need a little more make sure to use small boosters (half of a quarter grain of rice). This will keep you feeling much better in between doses if needed. Soon you will learn to use the oil to make 'exactly' how you want to feel getting through the day. Up your nighttime dose also to a half of grain of rice. Your doing great. You will see bigger changes now.

Best regards,

Motoco

Congrats 420 Motoco on your nomination for MOTY...with all of your's and Mo's hard work, you certainly deserve it. :bravo:

I have been using the oil for 1 week now and have been noticing some small changes. I mentioned to you before that my normal routine was to eat only 1 meal/day (dinner). I now am eating 3 meals and sometimes a snack or 2 in between, but breakfast and lunch are small in size and my dinner is smaller than it used to be. I find that I get hungry more often than I used to, but I am getting more active, so I guess my body is telling me to stoke the fire (with calories) as I am burning more off.

I purchased a Fitbit Flex bracelet not too long ago as I wanted to actually be able to quantify if my activity levels (steps taken, calories burned, sleep patterns, etc.) were going to change once I started on the oil. Well, I've noticed that I don't wake up as often during the night as I used to (nothing major, but there is a trend in the right direction) and I find that I am able to take more steps each day and I actually feel like I want to do more (my mind tells me "get off the couch and move around more"). Tonight for the first time in well over a year, I got on my recumbent bike and pedaled for 20 minutes. That was a big accomplishment for me. Those CBDs must be doing their work, as my pain doesn't stop me in my tracks as it did before.

In about 2 weeks I will be doing my normal monthly lab work and am curious to see if my kidney function results (serum creatinine and BUN) have improved, as I have been peeing like a racehorse lately (lots). I had a kidney transplant 6 years ago, but have had problems with chronic rejection issues from the get go.

As per your instructions, I've been using 1/4 grain of daytime oil twice/day and 1/4 grain of nightime oil about 1 hour before bed for this past week. Should I start increasing to 1/2 grain for each of my doses now?

Thank you so much Motoco and to all of you who have given me advice and encouragement during my journey in discovering the world of concentrated cannabis oil. This forum is a terrific place and I am so glad that I found it and decided to jump/join in. :thanks:

And to FSC...congrats on your nomination for MOTM. It's a very impressive nomination for someone who hasn't been on this site for very long. You have shown your dedication and willingness to go the extra mile. I wish you luck.

Welcome back Motoco,

Glad you got some things done around the house and feel better. It does not take long to get behind household chores. I have a list that is growing too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I grew up in the midest on the yankee side so I cannot deny my yankee roots. Also, my roots are from a county that was all country with hollors instead of roads or streets. My grandparents lived down jug hollor which passed over the same creek 3 times and throgh a cow pasture to get to their house. So I also win the hillbilly label. lol I use to deny it, but the older I get the more I realize that "hillbilly" label is not so bad. I love the country, farms, fields and hills. LOL

:peace:
fsc

Thanks Cajun. I know how to smell your name, I don't know how I messed that up. And yes, I am a yankee. LOL

So the higher the fiber in a carb food the better it is. So nuts, berries, peaches, strawberries and vegetables in raw form are best if you do eat carbs. Is this right??

Please stop "smelling" my name fsc! Lol. Classic.
Yes, all the foods you listed are good. I actually eat lots of pasta believe it or not. It's from a non-gmo, low processed flaxseed flour source. The spaghetti is great. Very low GI.

Don't worry about the name. I couldn't spell my real one until I was in high school. My last name is pretty crazy to spell.

LMBO!! I did say smell instead of spell didn't I. Oh well. Glad you can laugh about it. Good tip about the pasta. I will be looking for that to try. Thanks!!

Thanks fsc, wow, so many things let go that need catching up :) Takes a lot of time to help others, huh? lol.

My mother was born in a mining camp in KEN TUCK IE :). Cannot get much more 'hillbilly' than that I suppose. I was lucky I guess as a wee one to spend my first 5 years in Illinois :). So you had to walk 5 miles to school in the snow also, heh? Hahahaha. Judged by the size of your tractor, yes? Just fun'n as we have to laugh to keep our sanity. I love country also and hopefully soon will be all over the states. Thank you fsc for all you do :) Thank you cajunbro for all you do also my brother :)

@60 Cal...If you look in the 'pet' section you can find some threads. One saturday Mo and I were up for about an hour and the doorbell started ringing. A line was forming with owners and dogs. Don't know what the neighbors thought but it looked like a dog show ready to start. Surprising though; when they came in not feeling so good but all had wagging tails leaving. They acted like I knew them all of their lives, they could sense they were getting help. Two had epilepsy and they have NO issues now. Two had cancer, but it was way past getting help. But they did extend their lives, eating and living pain free until they passed. Most people do not get the pets regular check ups so it is usually too late for late stage cancers.

Welcome back Motoco,

Glad you got some things done around the house and feel better. It does not take long to get behind household chores. I have a list that is growing too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I grew up in the midest on the yankee side so I cannot deny my yankee roots. Also, my roots are from a county that was all country with hollors instead of roads or streets. My grandparents lived down jug hollor which passed over the same creek 3 times and throgh a cow pasture to get to their house. So I also win the hillbilly label. lol I use to deny it, but the older I get the more I realize that "hillbilly" label is not so bad. I love the country, farms, fields and hills. LOL

:peace:
fsc

LOL, sounds interesting brother :) Now I'm wondering, who misspelled your name first, fsc or me? Anywho, thanks for the 'love' brother:)

Welcome back Motoco. You didn't miss too much. Just FSC smelling my name & stuff. Lol.

Thanks Motoco, and welcome back. Good luck on MOTY, so far your in a commanding lead.

motoco, I'm new here but have read through a lot of this forum. My dad has kidney cancer and I finally convinced him to start RSO. He has 1-2 months due to lesions in the brain that they can't treat so we need to get up his dosage asap but it's crucial I keep him somewhat on planet earth (thus the tacking method). He's nervous he will be a zombie and will not make it through the rso treatment... He has several little kids at home and doesn't want to sacrifice his time with them so I need to make sure he doesn't get too high. My oil is 80% thc and they told me to work up to 500mg (not necessarily s full gram unless he can handle it). Does this make sense? It's indica. Here's my plan to start with:

1. 15mg cbd
2. 30 minutes later 1/4 rice grain (approx 8mg) every 2-3 hours via tacking.
Possibly a double dosage at night and I will try to double this dosage after two days... Based on your I put I'm thinking it is easier to increase faster with the low dose tacked throughout the day.

I'm desperate to make this work and I have to get it right the first time. I don't have cbd oil but have the 15mg cbd pills. Thank you!

Chase

Hi cjnapier,
Understand that time is important. First things first and you are correct, lets get it right out of the gate. First and foremost is their anyway you can get a Sativa dominant oil with high THC? Is there any way to get a high CBD strain (pill CBD? a no go), we need it in an oil that has been decarboxylated to pass through the blood brain barrier. Next, lets make sure your dad takes it correctly out of the gate.

motoco, I'm new here but have read through a lot of this forum. My dad has kidney cancer and I finally convinced him to start RSO. He has 1-2 months due to lesions in the brain that they can't treat so we need to get up his dosage asap but it's crucial I keep him somewhat on planet earth (thus the tacking method). He's nervous he will be a zombie and will not make it through the rso treatment... He has several little kids at home and doesn't want to sacrifice his time with them so I need to make sure he doesn't get too high. My oil is 80% thc and they told me to work up to 500mg (not necessarily s full gram unless he can handle it). Does this make sense? It's indica. Here's my plan to start with:

1. 15mg cbd
2. 30 minutes later 1/4 rice grain (approx 8mg) every 2-3 hours via tacking.
Possibly a double dosage at night and I will try to double this dosage after two days... Based on your I put I'm thinking it is easier to increase faster with the low dose tacked throughout the day.

I'm desperate to make this work and I have to get it right the first time. I don't have cbd oil but have the 15mg cbd pills. Thank you!

Chase

I don't see a pm from you. I will try to get a high sativa rso and cbd oil right now. I know you say start in the morning but he is finally ready and tonight is a good opportunity with no kids at home. Could I just use the indica tonight and sativa tomorrow? Either way I'll go get cbd and sativa oils

Hi C Sprite,

Guess what? Your doing everything correctly. Daytime oil will get you motivated to be sure. Peeing like crazy? The oil fixes a lot of things and that is one of them. When you gotta go you gotta go, just like a newborn. Exercise, another win for the daytime oil, as promised the daytime oil changes your mental outlook. I have to say C Sprite I'm impressed. You are in tune with your body. All the things you have mentioned that you pay attention to 'before' and 'after' while taking the oil. What is most impressive you identified your eating disorder and are correcting it. Many folks keep their 'bad' habits and expect the oil to do everything. One has to eat to maintain proper health. Its truly refreshing to help people that 'get it'! Thank you for this!

Yes, now that you are familiar with 'tacking' lets step up to a half grain of rice with the same amount of times on your existing regimen. Also, if you feel like you need a little more make sure to use small boosters (half of a quarter grain of rice). This will keep you feeling much better in between doses if needed. Soon you will learn to use the oil to make 'exactly' how you want to feel getting through the day. Up your nighttime dose also to a half of grain of rice. Your doing great. You will see bigger changes now.

Best regards,

Motoco

Thank you for all of your kind words, but you deserve so much more than kind words since you inspired me to try this. :thanks:

I am pretty in tune with my body, as I have had so many issues with it over the years that I have learned to pick up on changes that might turn into bigger issues. It is strange how quickly the oil changed my eating habits. I never was hungry before during the daytime, but now that I'm tacking the oil, I find myself hungry multiple times/day. Like you said, I don't eat a whole lot at any one time, but my body now wants calories throughout the day.

In addition to my 20 min/day on the recumbent bike (I can't believe I'm actually exercising!), I have also started walking every day. I used to drive down to my mailbox, as my pain would be extreme by the time I could hobble home. Last Saturday, I walked to my mailbox for the first time in over a year, and I've increased my distance a little every day since then. Today, I walked a full block down and back to my house. I still hurt some, but my pain level after walking has decreased from a 9 down to a 5, which is tolerable.

Thank you for the reiterating the dose increase. I went ahead and upped the dose on Monday to 1/2 grain 3 times/day (twice for daytime, once for nighttime). I'm still not really clear on when to use a booster dose. Would it be when/if I find myself exceptionally tired or feeling a little under the weather? Fortunately, nothing like that has happened so far.

C Sprite

Hi cjnapier,

Nice to meet your family and yourself. Mo and I picked up on how tightly niched your family is! Now you have the info for your strain selection, some basic knowledge about the concentrated oil and how it works. Bet you are writing down more questions, lol. We are confident everything you are expecting from the oil will meet the requirements you want. Everything else will be a bonus. Sometimes in life all we need is some 'hope' and a 'leap of faith' to get our thinking in a positive direction. Again, really a pleasure meeting a family such as yours. Thank you!

420 Motoco & Mo

We are pretty close. Nice to meet the two of you and thanks again. We are very excited and I do have some questions. I'll save most of them, but I am curious why there is so much emphasis on indica for cancer treatment... Is it because folks assume the sleep is an indication of healing?

Hi C Sprite; the power of the daytime oil, lol. Amazing isn't it. By now your pain level should be 0-2. Good CBD grown correctly can be trying. It is better to grow that and Indica above anything else. Getting high THC strains are a breeze.

A booster is exactly as you mentioned. Feeling a little under the weather, perhaps overdoing something a little too much, basically not feeling how you want to. The amount of a 'booster' is a quarter grain of rice or smaller. The regimen you're on now is as much as you will need. After a while it might even be less as you build your endurance up and become healthier with eating and exercise. When people learn how to use the concentrate as you have and notice all the changes it has done, this is our 'payday'. Just learn to take it properly, know when to use it and what strains to use and watch it control your life. All you have to do is start enjoying your health improve, watch your quality of life go to levels that do not happen to people as we age. Crazy amazing! Great job!

Thank you for all of your kind words, but you deserve so much more than kind words since you inspired me to try this. :thanks:

I am pretty in tune with my body, as I have had so many issues with it over the years that I have learned to pick up on changes that might turn into bigger issues. It is strange how quickly the oil changed my eating habits. I never was hungry before during the daytime, but now that I'm tacking the oil, I find myself hungry multiple times/day. Like you said, I don't eat a whole lot at any one time, but my body now wants calories throughout the day.

In addition to my 20 min/day on the recumbent bike (I can't believe I'm actually exercising!), I have also started walking every day. I used to drive down to my mailbox, as my pain would be extreme by the time I could hobble home. Last Saturday, I walked to my mailbox for the first time in over a year, and I've increased my distance a little every day since then. Today, I walked a full block down and back to my house. I still hurt some, but my pain level after walking has decreased from a 9 down to a 5, which is tolerable.

Thank you for the reiterating the dose increase. I went ahead and upped the dose on Monday to 1/2 grain 3 times/day (twice for daytime, once for nighttime). I'm still not really clear on when to use a booster dose. Would it be when/if I find myself exceptionally tired or feeling a little under the weather? Fortunately, nothing like that has happened so far.

Tell Mo I said Hi and please thank her for her excellent tacking tutorial...C Sprite

It does have a lot to do with 'sleep' being important in healing and keeping the immune system strong. So having as close to pure Indica as you can get is just for that, a sound solid sleep at night. Using Indica during the day however creates a 'couch-lock' environment and a mental attitude that dwells on your illness. leads to depression which is not conducive to 'feeling' well. Using an Sativa dominant high THC strain (main healing agent) blended with a high CBD strain (pain/inflammation/shrinks tumors) during the day gives one an 'alert" feeling, an active mind and an antidepressant that puts you in a mindset of 'wellness' while healing. A great attitude during the day and REM sleep at night. People with 'late' stage cancers have told us many times, "I feel better than before I was diagnosed with cancer"! Great question!

We are pretty close. Nice to meet the two of you and thanks again. We are very excited and I do have some questions. I'll save most of them, but I am curious why there is so much emphasis on indica for cancer treatment... Is it because folks assume the sleep is an indication of healing?

The emphasis on indica for cancer treatment in the past concentrated on just that...cancer "treatment", not a cure.
Indica was/is used to combat the side effects from chemo. Since no one wants to be wide wake to experience all the fun from chemo, indica helped to sleep through it & promote appetite.

Like leaving the weed in brownies, some don't know better nowadays. It's the "old school" line of helping with symptoms, but now we're trying to CURE it.

Hope that makes sense.

I'm always cautious of weed cooked in the brownies themselves (as opposed to the oil/butter), and am cautious of ppl advising to always use indica. Even during the day.

Guess many haven't got that message yet. It still is all over the net ! We learned about the digesting 'band-aid' part simply by trying digesting for a while and back to gum absorption. Night and day, no contest. Now I understand what we was chatting about last time when you said 'a lot of oldtimers are losing faith in RS method'. I still believe there is more than meets the eye on RS. Meaning; after he came out publicly with the concentrate, being shunned by governments/medical/pharmies, leaving his country, his stuff on the net being edited. Its so confusing, exactly why Mo and I learned on our own, just keeping 'no euphoria' as our guideline. What I do know is how many people we help walking around 'stoned' out of their head and symptoms getting worse.

What is kind of funny is we say so many things that mean the same thing in different wording, lol.

Again compadre, best wishes for the wife and you!

The emphasis on indica for cancer treatment in the past concentrated on just that...cancer "treatment", not a cure.
Indica was/is used to combat the side effects from chemo. Since no one wants to be wide wake to experience all the fun from chemo, indica helped to sleep through it & promote appetite.

Like leaving the weed in brownies, some don't know better nowadays. It's the "old school" line of helping with symptoms, but now we're trying to CURE it.

Hope that makes sense.

I'm always cautious of weed cooked in the brownies themselves (as opposed to the oil/butter), and am cautious of ppl advising to always use indica. Even during the day.

Back
Top Bottom