Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Thanks for the compliment Radogast. I'm sure the folks using the oil via 'tacking' will think I'm picking on them, hahaha. Actually it is a reminder no matter what one thinks they know, sometimes the most powerful thing in the world gets in the way, our brain.

@ cvhovey; Blue Dream 70/30 cut is an excellent daytime oil, AK47, Sour Diesel, Gorrilla Glue, etc. ... You want your Sativas harvested at peak THC, for me right when they start turning milky. ...

I hope to pick up some organically grown Blue Dream buds when an appt has us nearby to a source. They also have a Gorrilla Glue.

Going to keep that "milky" reference in mind when I eventually have some first-time Sativa up for harvest to use for RSO.

On the Indica side, do we shoot for slightly amber to get peak effect? I have 2 Indica-dominant at milky stage right now so want to harvest them at their best peak so I can begin making my own nighttime RSO after they've cured.

I hope to pick up some organically grown Blue Dream buds when an appt has us nearby to a source. They also have a Gorrilla Glue.

Going to keep that "milky" reference in mind when I eventually have some first-time Sativa up for harvest to use for RSO.

On the Indica side, do we shoot for slightly amber to get peak effect? I have 2 Indica-dominant at milky stage right now so want to harvest them at their best peak so I can begin making my own nighttime RSO after they've cured.

Nice! Cannot go wrong with either one of these strains. Gorilla Glue is normally higher in THC and has made some excellent oil as far as clarity goes. Blue Dream is an all around fav of mine and when growing it is easy with a decent yield. Keep in mind when in 'flower' cycle you can get a false read (trichs can start turning milky then turn clear again). To clarify; right when you see a trich start to turn milky, then start my flush.

Indica: If I have a strain like Blackberry Kush an 80/20 indica dominant I would take it full term (dark amber) to put it on max couchlock. If I'm growing Master Kush a 95% Indica dominant I would harvest that mid-term (half clear/half milky). If it was Hindu Kush 100% Indica I would harvest at peak THC. So the more Sativa in the Indica the longer the flower cycle. Hope this helps

Nice! Cannot go wrong with either one of these strains. Gorilla Glue is normally higher in THC and has made some excellent oil as far as clarity goes. Blue Dream is an all around fav of mine and when growing it is easy with a decent yield. Keep in mind when in 'flower' cycle you can get a false read (trichs can start turning milky then turn clear again). To clarify; right when you see a trich start to turn milky, then start my flush.

Indica: If I have a strain like Blackberry Kush an 80/20 indica dominant I would take it full term (dark amber) to put it on max couchlock. If I'm growing Master Kush a 95% Indica dominant I would harvest that mid-term (half clear/half milky). If it was Hindu Kush 100% Indica I would harvest at peak THC. So the more Sativa in the Indica the longer the flower cycle. Hope this helps

Perfect harvest times on the strain %'s!

On the 70/30 indica dominant I'll go full term ... thanks!

After not liking the 'commercial' Cannatonic RSO, I've regretted I have one growing now, but could always add some of the bud into the RSO mix for its CBD value. At a 50/50 hybrid, I'm guessing I'd take the Cannatonic to more on the amber side to get the most sedative effects out of it?

On the 70/30 indica dominant I'll go full term ... thanks!

After not liking the 'commercial' Cannatonic RSO, I've regretted I have one growing now, but could always add some of the bud into the RSO mix for its CBD value. At a 50/50 hybrid, I'm guessing I'd take the Cannatonic to more on the amber side to get the most sedative effects out of it?

Most likely the 'commercial' Cannatonic wasn't grown correctly plus wasn't made of flowers. Very rarely in a dispensary do you find CBD anything done correctly simply because they do not grow it full term (not all, but most). Toss that experience out. You always want a CBD strain to go full term for max CBD's, its intended purpose. How they are getting higher CBD content strains is simply crossing with a high THC strain so the longer the flowers mature the more THC degrades and CBN and CBD's develop. When taking the oil via gum absorben opens up a whole other learning process on how you want your strains grown. Daytime oil purpose: Sativa dominant with highest THC % available. CBD strain purpose: grow to max CBD potential. This will be blended with your daytime oil with a ratio of 2 parts THC to 1 part CBD. Note: When using CBD strains like AC/DC, Harle-Tsu (any super CBD strains) the ratio can be 3 parts THC to 1 part CBD. If you don't watch your CBD ratios and make them to high the THC doesn't work as effective (not a huge deal on preventive maintenance but for ailments with mutating cells pay close attention). Also keep in mind; a small amount of CBD's induce UP and a large amount of CBD's induce sleep. Kind of adds a little twist in blending CBD's. So yes, full term CBD will have sedative effects. So if your daytime oil is quite as peppy as you would like add less CBD or add more Sativa. Don't regret getting Cannatonic, all strains are top shelf grown correctly for their intended purpose.

Most likely the 'commercial' Cannatonic wasn't grown correctly plus wasn't made of flowers. Very rarely in a dispensary do you find CBD anything done correctly simply because they do not grow it full term (not all, but most). Toss that experience out. You always want a CBD strain to go full term for max CBD's, its intended purpose. How they are getting higher CBD content strains is simply crossing with a high THC strain so the longer the flowers mature the more THC degrades and CBN and CBD's develop. When taking the oil via gum absorben opens up a whole other learning process on how you want your strains grown. Daytime oil purpose: Sativa dominant with highest THC % available. CBD strain purpose: grow to max CBD potential. This will be blended with your daytime oil with a ratio of 2 parts THC to 1 part CBD. Note: When using CBD strains like AC/DC, Harle-Tsu (any super CBD strains) the ratio can be 3 parts THC to 1 part CBD. If you don't watch your CBD ratios and make them to high the THC doesn't work as effective (not a huge deal on preventive maintenance but for ailments with mutating cells pay close attention). Also keep in mind; a small amount of CBD's induce UP and a large amount of CBD's induce sleep. Kind of adds a little twist in blending CBD's. So yes, full term CBD will have sedative effects. So if your daytime oil is quite as peppy as you would like add less CBD or add more Sativa. Don't regret getting Cannatonic, all strains are top shelf grown correctly for their intended purpose.

Quick note: You may note a user name change came thru today so, yes, same user just updated user name.

Wow ... great info! A whole new way to look at things from a medical perspective. You can be sure I'm going to save this info and refer back to it many times along this new adventure. I'd been all over the map as to what's the best time to harvest different strains. Now it's like I got a graduate level course in Cannabis ... and the fog is giving way to a blue sky.

Motoco won't say it, but he's a green hand too. His knowledge of the plant is obvious.
Stick around friend. Ask anything you want on your journey.
Things in this field change monthly.

P.S. Y'all do know Thurs is Willie Nelson's b day right?

Motoco won't say it, but he's a green hand too. His knowledge of the plant is obvious.
Stick around friend. Ask anything you want on your journey.
Things in this field change monthly.

P.S. Y'all do know Thurs is Willie Nelson's b day right?

Willie Nelson birthday should be a national holiday and in my eyes should've already been awarded a 'Nobel Peace Prize' for kindness to humanity. This man would go by someone that needed assistance and just give them money. Unfortunately the IRS didn't concur with his generosity. He is way up there on my podium. Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses. Toby and Willie sang the heck out of this song. Truly love this man! Great post cajun on Willie Brother. It would of showed up on FB but never know when I can peek in there and see whats up :)Yesterday we 'officially' have a collective/delivery service going and the whole nine yards that goes with it. The locals are rejoicing as members :) Just local friends but legal.

To be sure I don't lose all the good ideas collected over the past few days on daytime/nighttime strains and such, especially when this thread becomes 2x, 10x or 100x longer, I collected the feedback together in a reference file so I can go back to look at them as needed.

However, looks like I assumed that nighttime Indica would be at the same 70/30 ratio as daytime. But when reviewing all the great feedback, apparently nighttime pain relief would be heavy on the Indica side without adding CBD to the mix? Just wanted to be clear on that one point so I get my notes straight as I couldn't find an answer when using the search feature.

To be sure I don't lose all the good ideas collected over the past few days on daytime/nighttime strains and such, especially when this thread becomes 2x, 10x or 100x longer, I collected the feedback together in a reference file so I can go back to look at them as needed.

However, looks like I assumed that nighttime Indica would be at the same 70/30 ratio as daytime. But when reviewing all the great feedback, apparently nighttime pain relief would be heavy on the Indica side without adding CBD to the mix? Just wanted to be clear on that one point so I get my notes straight as I couldn't find an answer when using the search feature.

Yes.
Good idea too on the referencing.
I create blogs sometimes for just that.

I need some help please.

I have tried the tacking method and got it down successfully. I was up to about 2 grains of rice a day. But basically I stopped because I didn't see any different in my condition (ulcerative colitis) and was advised that I really needed to work up to the 1 gram per day. I SO dislike the tacking procedure and the resulting taste in my mouth, numbness and crap on my teeth (I have dry mouth, no saliva due to radiation treatment) that I just got to the point of completely avoiding the oil.

Months have gone by and as I try to step off steroids my body just resists and major flair all over again. In pain. Been over a decade now with no relief in sight.

My question: it it better to take the oil some other way than tacking than not at all? Is there another way to take it to heal my large intestines?

Thanks so much for any advice.

I need some help please.

I have tried the tacking method and got it down successfully. I was up to about 2 grains of rice a day. But basically I stopped because I didn't see any different in my condition (ulcerative colitis) and was advised that I really needed to work up to the 1 gram per day. I SO dislike the tacking procedure and the resulting taste in my mouth, numbness and crap on my teeth (I have dry mouth, no saliva due to radiation treatment) that I just got to the point of completely avoiding the oil.

Months have gone by and as I try to step off steroids my body just resists and major flair all over again. In pain. Been over a decade now with no relief in sight.

My question: it it better to take the oil some other way than tacking than not at all? Is there another way to take it to heal my large intestines?

Thanks so much for any advice.

Hi FredNauj,

Its been awhile, do you have any info on the oil besides just DP oil? Did you have any CBD in the concentrated oil? DP oil? Durbins Poision? My friend with Parkinson's has a friend at a dispensary also and he was sold CO2 that wasn't decarboxylated. They mean well, they just don't know anything about how to use the oil except off of Rick Simpsons site and many do not know it needs to be decarboxylated. You state you have the 'tacking' method down but after reading that you have numbness and oil all over your teeth I can tell you besides the bad taste you're not doing it correctly. You keep the oil away from your teeth. Taken properly the taste should dissipate in 15 minutes or so and you shouldn't have dry mouth. It sounds to me that you have some concentrated oil from CO2/Butane extract and it hasn't been decarboxylated. Reason I say this is it doesn't dissolve through the gums, you will not feel anything (taking the oil correctly you feel better if its Sativa and Indica you will feel sleepy) and the taste seems to last 24/7. Plus I know you knew taking some ice water after dosing to break up the taste didn't work either. Reason why I'm thinking this is the case here is if you have oil all over your teeth you're going to get stoned a couple hours after you eat. And because the oil did come from a dispensary sends up a 'red' flag. You should of been back here a while ago checking in with these issues. Fred, you never start treatment and stop unless you have bad oil. I really suspect you have oil that is not decarboxylated, its made for 'vaping' or just a very low potency. The taste lasting that long is the 'tattle tale'. You need some CBD in your oil to remove inflammation and pain. As far as depositories, capsules goes I personally cannot say anybody I've helped has healed that way but ones that have tried it got away from it because they got stoned and their check-ups were negative. There is a 'correct' way to take suppositories also, but it isn't effective as gum absorption. Many folks push the suppository in past the anal gland, best result is to apply it to the anal gland, just inside the rectum hole (warm up the dose with a hair dryer first to make the oil pliable and rub in well). My opinion, still not as effective as gum absorption. From all your symptoms your taking the oil wrong or the oil is the wrong type. We are at work today, if I can I'll try and check back. Thanks

Best

Hi FredNauj,

Its been awhile, do you have any info on the oil besides just DP oil? Did you have any CBD in the concentrated oil? DP oil? Durbins Poision? My friend with Parkinson's has a friend at a dispensary also and he was sold CO2 that wasn't decarboxylated. They mean well, they just don't know anything about how to use the oil except off of Rick Simpsons site and many do not know it needs to be decarboxylated. You state you have the 'tacking' method down but after reading that you have numbness and oil all over your teeth I can tell you besides the bad taste you're not doing it correctly. You keep the oil away from your teeth. Taken properly the taste should dissipate in 15 minutes or so and you shouldn't have dry mouth. It sounds to me that you have some concentrated oil from CO2/Butane extract and it hasn't been decarboxylated. Reason I say this is it doesn't dissolve through the gums, you will not feel anything (taking the oil correctly you feel better if its Sativa and Indica you will feel sleepy) and the taste seems to last 24/7. Plus I know you knew taking some ice water after dosing to break up the taste didn't work either. Reason why I'm thinking this is the case here is if you have oil all over your teeth you're going to get stoned a couple hours after you eat. And because the oil did come from a dispensary sends up a 'red' flag. You should of been back here a while ago checking in with these issues. Fred, you never start treatment and stop unless you have bad oil. I really suspect you have oil that is not decarboxylated, its made for 'vaping' or just a very low potency. The taste lasting that long is the 'tattle tale'. You need some CBD in your oil to remove inflammation and pain. As far as depositories, capsules goes I personally cannot say anybody I've helped has healed that way but ones that have tried it got away from it because they got stoned and their check-ups were negative. There is a 'correct' way to take suppositories also, but it isn't effective as gum absorption. Many folks push the suppository in past the anal gland, best result is to apply it to the anal gland, just inside the rectum hole (warm up the dose with a hair dryer first to make the oil pliable and rub in well). My opinion, still not as effective as gum absorption. From all your symptoms your taking the oil wrong or the oil is the wrong type. We are at work today, if I can I'll try and check back. Thanks

Best

Thank you kindly for the response. Please no need to rush back when you all are busy. I won't have any product for at a few days if not more.

Just an FYI about the oil, I have known the person running the disp. for almost all my life, since kids, so the trust and honestly about what he is saying is 100%. He's the answer:
"All of our oil is pure organic. Nothing else in there except natural cannabis extract. Sativa-is more of an energetic, and Indica is more of a
relaxant. They have have different healing properties, some strains are also hybrids of both. The cannabis is extracted with CO2 Supercritical fluid technology.(Pharma grade equipment) We do not use any solvents, additives, or chemicals in the entire process, from seed to plant to extracted concentrate."

Dry mouth: I have this all the time due to loss of salivary glands from radiation treatment years ago (not dry from oil). I believe my dry mouth is adding to the issues.

I think it was staying in my mouth and on my teeth because I was trying to do too much at once (and the dry m. thing). The thought of having to do this 8 times a day is just so daunting.... but if it heals me I'll do anything!

Thanks again for all the help :)

Thank you kindly for the response. Please no need to rush back when you all are busy. I won't have any product for at a few days if not more.

Just an FYI about the oil, I have known the person running the disp. for almost all my life, since kids, so the trust and honestly about what he is saying is 100%. He's the answer:
"All of our oil is pure organic. Nothing else in there except natural cannabis extract. Sativa-is more of an energetic, and Indica is more of a
relaxant. They have have different healing properties, some strains are also hybrids of both. The cannabis is extracted with CO2 Supercritical fluid technology.(Pharma grade equipment) We do not use any solvents, additives, or chemicals in the entire process, from seed to plant to extracted concentrate."

Dry mouth: I have this all the time due to loss of salivary glands from radiation treatment years ago (not dry from oil). I believe my dry mouth is adding to the issues.

I think it was staying in my mouth and on my teeth because I was trying to do too much at once (and the dry m. thing). The thought of having to do this 8 times a day is just so daunting.... but if it heals me I'll do anything!

Thanks again for all the help :)

Thank you for the info. I did say most dispensaries, not all. That is clarified except I do not see if it has been decarboxylated except the CO2 burns off at a very low temperature. Could you please find out what the burn off temperature is please, no mention of specifics, just what temperature it actually burns off? Otherwise like I explained with my friends CO2 extract, it stayed bitter all the time because it would not pass the blood brain barrier and just stayed super bitter on the gums (water, listerine, nothing would take the taste away. Even a partial decarb isn't recommended because you want ALL the cannabinoids to your CB1 receptors you can get. I agree with doing too much and that is why you still have dry mouth. I've looked into the Supercritical extract process, just could never realize the 38,000. for the base model. It is still considered a 'cold' extract because of the low heat required to burn off the C02. I know of some people who have done a decarb on C02 extracted oil after it was made. A couple of drops of 'grape seed' oil was added and decarbed @ 250 f until the decarb was finished. It is a critical point as most everyone only thinks of digesting only. This is what I was talking about as far as knowledge on the use of the oil. Also the extract was from whole plant and not the flowers only. Remember most cold extracts are made solely for vaping. To the people who vape its outrageous as far as getting stoned goes, but for % of potency it still falls short of making your own extract from flowers only. You have a source for some excellent strains and the oil is easy to make and we can walk you through easily. It will be fully decarbed at 250f. A hybrid Sativa 'Blue Dream', Sour Diesel, Chem-dog, AK-47 as examples, a full term grown CBD strain; Harlequin, Cannatonic, Harle-Tsu, AC/DC, etc. And close to 100% Indica as possible; Master Kush, Hindu Kush, Afgan Kush, your friend should be up to date on others strains.

Best
Motoco

Good luck Fred.
Yes, post the info as you get it on cannabinoids %'s as you get them. Look at THCa vs THC. If THCa is higher than 2 to 5%, it wasn't decarb'd.

Ever try to tack CO2 that hasn't been decarbed cajun? As you read about my friend with Parkinson's, not pleasant. I see this time and time again. Even a partial decarb doesn't cut it as far as I'm concerned (just my opinion). Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course and I guess Mo and I are very lucky with our results as we do flowers only (sugar leaves are left for oil extract). The shops are always justifying the whole plant which in their eyes are 'fheluff' flowers on the bottom if they haven't been lollipopped, shake and trim from the flowers. Yet when you ask them if they know much about 'gum absorption' they always say yes (in most cases) but I've never meant any of them using that method. What they solicit as RSO really isn't because most are cold extracts and not decarboxylated properly if any. Sadly they are thinking they are helping people and in truth they are not. This is the exact reasons why Mo and I don't do hempcon shows. Why we only use 420 Magazine for awareness. We talk to people who are always running back and forth to Colorado. Motoco have you heard about this method, or this method. Dude your old school. Again, we must get awful lucky in our community, we always get people who have tried edibles, ingestion of capsules, suppositories, sublingual. It never ends :) As you mention cajun; you only get 5-15% of the cannabinoids when doing these methods. So when you process this information anything that isn't absorbed drains down and the effectiveness is far less potent. Why many times I always post the more absorbed through the gums the better the results. In most cases this is where the brain gets in the way. Example; you have just been diagnosed with late stage cancer, you go online and see you need a gram of oil a day and things go south in a hurry. One of our members healed with a 'gram' a day. However he 'tacked' 10 times a day, took his time, broke the doses down into small doses. Hassle, heck yes! Again, not how much you take at a time, it is how well you can absorb it through your gums to make it work most efficiently. Gosh darn brain can be a godsend or a demon.

New specific studies have come out. I'll post soon.
Taking mucously (tacking) is proven to be more bioavailable than most other forms.
Really interesting study.
If I can't post, I'll copy/paste.

That's great Cajuncelt, can't wait. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom