Cannabis plant going white and curling up?

pigrower

420 Member
Hi all. I have done a fair bit of googling and cant really find a definite answer so I was wondering if anyone on these forums could help me. A friend of mine has one of his plants that has had the top leaves go white and curl up. Wondering if anyone has any advice. As for nutes and soil etc he just uses oldschool. Gets just standard potting mix, puts fish carcasses under the soil so the plants grow into it and then just leaves them do its thing. Every season he gets big massive plants because of this but this year seems different. I've attached some photos to help.
EIBBliQ.jpg

ZZ7wHqF.jpg

WOW :oops:

I think its called bleaching....dont quote me on that though.
What are the conditions, its outside and Im unaware of any nute deficiency that looks like that so I am assuming some type of virus or something.

It looks like the chlorophyl (most likely) or possibly nutes (less likely) being sucked out of the leaves. Looks like it started at newer growth and moved downwards....hope that helps, sorry I have no idea what it is but do some searching along those lines...

are there any visible pests or mildews or anything like that on the undersides of the leaves????

unfortunately, IMHO I would suggest some type of outdoor virus or fungus or something. I had the same problem at my last place, there was a diseased tree (cracked a branch in the wind and you could see fungus eating its insides) that every time the wind blew it would infect each new plant (tried like 3 over a summer) since they were still relatively small.

i would dig a large hole, remove the (likely virus infected) soil and transplant with a larger established plant and use NEW soil in the hole.

ive never seen that before in a cannabis plant, I would assume its a pathogen of some type. :(

I hope you get it back to normal but by the looks of it its not looking good so far, it looks pretty far gone. You could try spraying with pesticides just to see if it helps and that would help ID the issue for next time.

those are just guesses though...sorry I cant be of more help....

unfortunately, IMHO I would suggest some type of outdoor virus or fungus or something. I had the same problem at my last place, there was a diseased tree (cracked a branch in the wind and you could see fungus eating its insides) that every time the wind blew it would infect each new plant (tried like 3 over a summer) since they were still relatively small.

i would dig a large hole, remove the (likely virus infected) soil and transplant with a larger established plant and use NEW soil in the hole.

ive never seen that before in a cannabis plant, I would assume its a pathogen of some type. :(

I hope you get it back to normal but by the looks of it its not looking good so far, it looks pretty far gone. You could try spraying with pesticides just to see if it helps and that would help ID the issue for next time.

those are just guesses though...sorry I cant be of more help....
Okay, i will try some pesticides. I did look at the leaves and it didnt seem to have any pests outside or inside the leaves. Could it also be to do with weather as we just went from 3 days of 25-30c weather down to 2 days of 18-20c.
Iron deficiency caused by too much nitrogen from the fish carcasses. The fish provides high N but these plants need the right balance of NPK plus calcium and magnesium. So you’ve got a shit ton of nitrogen but you also need phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
I have given the plant some phosphorus and potassium nutes as i thought this could be an issue. I also put some all round fert which has high amounts of P,K and Mg among other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom