Cannabis Powder

Liam Hughes

I just made my first batch of cannabis powder. I'm going to try it on scallops tonight.
My brother told me about it a couple of weeks ago, so I read up on it, ordered Maltodextrin and made a batch of canna oil using olive oil (3 cups), vegetable lecithin (1 tbsp/cup of oil) and 3oz. of cannabis.
I made my oil with my Magic Butter Machine at 160 degrees for 1 hour. I then took 1/4 cup of the resulting oil and blended with 3/4 cup Maltodextrin. Blend thoroughly until the consistency of a bag of brown sugar. If your batch is too 'wet', it will be impossible to push it through your sieve. Add a little Maltodextrin at a time and blend it in until correct consistency is achieved.
It's important that you use a sieve the isn't too fine or you won't be able to push your blend through. I just used a standard mesh and it worked pretty well. The attached photo shows the result.
20200509_143137.jpg

I found that frying maltodextrin is akin to cooking with sugar. Although maltodextrin is shown as a carbohydrate on packaging, it really is sugar and should be used in recipes with that thought in mind.
In my case, I sprinkled it on prior to frying and it carmelized on me. Next time I will introduce later in the cooking process.

Back
Top Bottom