Cannabis Strain Study

Neat! I can’t believe something this basic hadn’t occurred to me yet. I have a multitude of strains in numerous formulations and administrative methods - flower, capsules, oils, cobs, dust, chocolates, brownies..... it can be a lot to keep track of. Lol!

Up to now I simply reach for what the impulse suggests. Your data-driven mind fascinates me Brian. :hug:

SweetSue you are so right about people not knowing how to describe a strain. I'm am so anal about it I can tell the difference in the head highs of my sativa hybrids. It has amazed me how many different head highs there are.

I am surrounded by people that describe pot as it got them high or didn't. I feel I can objectively test my own strains. I know if I like them and why. What kills me is I can never find a person to test them and give me a different perspective on them. It is funny as shit. With thousands of strains out there. People I know barely know they have names or do different things to you LMAO.

For most of my life there was no choice. You handed over your money, took what they gave you and went home, hoping to avoid LEO. :straightface: I wasn’t even aware we had an ECS until I showed up here at 420.

I led a very sheltered life, with no exposure to cannabis other than my regular dealer. I’m still learning to find ways to adequately describe the nature of my euphoria.

I like where you are going with that. It helps give a better impression of a strain. How they grow is important info. What it is going to do to you is much more important.

The biggest thing is just sitting back and trying to understand what is happening to you. Most people do not have the time or the inclination to do that. In lots of cases we smoke and go about other things which can consume your thoughts. I have no life so it is easy for me to give my weed my full attention LMAO.

I like where you are going with that. It helps give a better impression of a strain. How they grow is important info. What it is going to do to you is much more important.

The biggest thing is just sitting back and trying to understand what is happening to you. Most people do not have the time or the inclination to do that. In lots of cases we smoke and go about other things which can consume your thoughts. I have no life so it is easy for me to give my weed my full attention LMAO.

Hahaha! I take a hit and get lost in something, to realize it's been an hour and I never got the second bowl loaded. :rofl: I guess I could say, "It helps me focus" but the reality is I'm already focused. Lol! When I do strain reviews for members I try to smoke or use them exclusively for at least a couple days, to get a more thorough feel for consistent effect. It can be a challenge sometimes to remember not to reach for something else.

Growers usually have more variety available. We're a spoiled lot. :battingeyelashes:

Brian, have you seen the ReLeaf app? This looks right up your alley :hug:

Brian, have you seen the ReLeaf app? This looks right up your alley

It's been awhile, thanks for the reminder.

Screenshot_2.jpg

They have a nice mix of reporting and a separate section for pain, and it's in real time... push a button when you feel a certain way and push again when the feeling is gone. Would LOVE to play with their data :)

Last time I was there is when they announced,
- "patients who consumed products with higher levels of THC — not CBD — report greater relief from their symptoms. All their data came from a 21-month study on 3,341 medical marijuana patients who recorded their experiences with the drug through a cell phone app called ReLeaf."
- "we did not observe an independent link between CBD levels and any of the omnibus symptom effects measured in the current study across nearly 20,000 user sessions."

This article has some responses from folks nervous about those results... ReLeaf App: Study Suggests THC Is as Important as CBD in Medical Marijuana

Fascinating how most humans aren't naturally inclined to truth... hype and fad seem to reign supreme across countless examples.

Now that would be a real interesting App. If I did the App thing. Just one more thing you can use your phone for LOL. There is a App to for everything these days. They can control all kinds of things. Except girlfriends LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom