CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

Lacy,

Congrats on your becomming medical. Hopefully its for a legitimate purpose and not for some get high method. But should it be for the latter at least lie to me :) hehe. Nah i got it so i can become a full fledged legal drug dealer and have an easy life:surf:

Hahaha....of course it is for medicinal purposes. i have fibromyalgia and have used for more than 30 years now:cheer:

tonight is my experimental night. tonight the weather is gloom and perfect for the experimenting. its almost 3:50am PST and I might emerge from the lab (kitchen) with an amazing trick for oil or maybe canna butter. ....an amazing trick?:slide:

I have some secrets I will be utilizing and should it come out successful I will post the results or maybe I will just PM you since it sounds like your an educated and experienced baker :).
Yeah i am an experienced baker. I'd love to post pictures up but don't know how to do that. I've got pics of all different types of bsicottis, decorated gingerbreads, hermits, oatmeal and other tasty treats

Anyway it was nice meeting with you all and happy baking :nicethread:

Okay, so I did the butter and it's as not as hard as I thought. Although I did boil the water in a corning pot and melt the butter in it before pouring all that into an already heated slow cooker, after seeing how well that mixture boiled on high in the slow cooker I have discerned that my original first step was completely unnecessary.

I used 8 oz of butter to 1 oz of really dry leaf that's been hanging around because I usually cook with bud - running low though.

I made my famous fudge ballsFUDGE BALLS - a set on Flickr

They are so easy, and non-cook. The only thing is they should be eaten in about 3 days, but that has NEVER been a problem. Since I receive the medicine free, I give away what I make with it.

So, to make the fudge balls, I basically make a butter cream icing thicker than it's supposed to be.

4 oz. canna-butter (1/2 c.) (I use salted butter, and don't add any other salt)
1 lb. powdered sugar
2/3 c. unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp. vanilla extract
a little milk to blend, maybe not quite 1/4 c.

Let the butter get to room temperature in the bowl you will be using to mix with electric mixer. Start on a lower speed slowly working up to high with each ingredient addition, and at the end.

Slowly add the powdered sugar, the vanilla, the cocoa and the milk.

Now you should have a mix the consistency of cake icing.

Then, just keep adding a little powdered sugar and mixing until you have a mix that starts to ball up. I usually put it in the sink before this happens because it may fly a little.

When it had balled up on the beaters, slowly lift them out of the bowl while spinning the remainder off the beaters into the bowl. Save the beaters to lick later, after you finish making the balls.

You should now have a mix the consistency of dough.

Knead the dough on a breadboard, there is no set time for this, I just usually do it until the fudge feels smooth and easy to work with.

You can't mess this up, just add a little more milk or water or a little more sugar, etc. until it seems right.

Then I use a small cookie dough scoop, roll them into balls, roll it in cocoa and then place it in a small perforated candy paper (see photo link).

I either then place that into a 3x3 zip lock baggy to be carried around and given away, or place them side by side in a tray or on a plate for parties!

Yum! Enjoy!

(wish I could include the photos instead of the link)

I may try doing this in the food processor next time.

The Pot you collect on the cheese bread can be bundled up and made into Tea. I took it and brewed it with pomagranet tea with some sugar and it gave everyone who drank some a really good body high feeling. and my butter came out really dark green and incredible consistancy. is the green color a good thing?

This is also called "Puna butter", as taught by Chef Ra with High Times Magazine. There shouldn't be enough THC left in the strained buds to make it worthwhile to use them in any way. To do this without water, use a double boiler. The four (total count) layers of cheescloth are perfect. If you get a steel ball bearing (unused and un-lubricated), and rubber band your cheescloth loosely on the tupperware, you can put the bearing in the middle of the cheesecloth to create a funnel shape, to help minimize the absorption of the butter into the cloth. Also, if you use a wire mesh strainer over the cheescloth, you get mostly butter, with some small plant material in the cheescloth, further minimizing the absorption.
The warning about a more intense high is true. Let's say you make some brownies using the butter made with 1 oz. of herb. Just follow the recipe with the same measure of butter. Eat only ONE brownie, about 2" x 2" square, then wait about an hour to see how high you are before eating any more. Why sleep through your stone? Also, resist the temptation to take stoner snacks to share with your unsuspecting co-workers. The tast of the herb is noticeable to anyone who has had these types of snacks before. I can almost guarantee that EVERY SINGLE corporate office in America has at least one person, besides you, who partakes and they will notice the high-octane nature of the treats. Also, office productivity will plummet, lol. Peace!

This is also called "Puna butter", as taught by Chef Ra with High Times Magazine. There shouldn't be enough THC left in the strained buds to make it worthwhile to use them in any way. To do this without water, use a double boiler. The four (total count) layers of cheescloth are perfect. If you get a steel ball bearing (unused and un-lubricated), and rubber band your cheescloth loosely on the tupperware, you can put the bearing in the middle of the cheesecloth to create a funnel shape, to help minimize the absorption of the butter into the cloth. Also, if you use a wire mesh strainer over the cheescloth, you get mostly butter, with some small plant material in the cheescloth, further minimizing the absorption.
The warning about a more intense high is true. Let's say you make some brownies using the butter made with 1 oz. of herb. Just follow the recipe with the same measure of butter. Eat only ONE brownie, about 2" x 2" square, then wait about an hour to see how high you are before eating any more. Why sleep through your stone? Also, resist the temptation to take stoner snacks to share with your unsuspecting co-workers. The tast of the herb is noticeable to anyone who has had these types of snacks before. I can almost guarantee that EVERY SINGLE corporate office in America has at least one person, besides you, who partakes and they will notice the high-octane nature of the treats. Also, office productivity will plummet, lol. Peace!

I will be making those brownies tonight and let you know how they come out when I eat one tomorrow on an empty stomach. The bud was not killer but so-so, so we'll see. And, I am a retired great-grandmother and do not have any co-workers. I used a nylon stocking rather than cheesecloth, and it took quite a bit of squeezing, but I squeezed and squeezed anyway. Maybe will try ball-bearing next time. Thanks for the advice.

Another recipe I saw suggests saving the water to cook with: "Keep the remaining amber liquid to cook with, as it will contain residual THC. Use it in sauces or to boil noodles — the sky's the limit."

Does anyone have an opinion about this?

I made some kick ass chicken noodle soup out of it!

I'm about to make some right now with about an ounce of shake and some smaller nuggies. I would rather a small amount of POTENT butter rather then a larger amount of less potency so I was wondering would I achieve this with only 2 sticks of butter? Or will 3 still be potent enough? Going to do this tonight so feedback asap would be really appreciated!!!!!!

Keep in mind that reducing the amount of butter will not neccessarily increase the potency. The reason for the amounts given in the recipe, is that the butter can only absorb so much of the THC-laden trichomes. Remember, the trichomes attach themselves to the oily butter, because the trichomes are oil-based themselves. Take my advice and use the amounts stated in the recipe. You won't waste any herb that way and, believe me, the butter will be PLENTY potent! Peace!

Keep in mind that reducing the amount of butter will not neccessarily increase the potency. The reason for the amounts given in the recipe, is that the butter can only absorb so much of the THC-laden trichomes. Remember, the trichomes attach themselves to the oily butter, because the trichomes are oil-based themselves. Take my advice and use the amounts stated in the recipe. You won't waste any herb that way and, believe me, the butter will be PLENTY potent! Peace!

THANK YOU p8riot for the advice so soon! I was just about to use the 2 sticks when I checked and saw your reply. Good thing I didn't jump the gun. I will use 3 sticks of butter because I'm 3 grams short of an O. That and I only have 3 sticks. Will that be sufficient?

Also I'm going to try the mason jar method but I will still be simmering it for 3 hours. Think it will work as good?

Going to make some rice krispie treats. I read somewhere that no bake treats are better because the butter is never recooked or baked at any given temperature. What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you again!!! Merry xmas

That should be fine. Rice Krispie treats are fine, but peeps have been baking cookies and brownies with puna butter for a LONG time, so I don't think it matters what you use the butter for. I've used it on french toast and waffles even, but I think that the heat from baking infuses the brownies or cookies with the active ingredients. Also, try it with some Alfredo sauce on pasta, or add osme garlic and make garlic bread. Basically, anything you can use regular butter for, you can use puna butter for. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Alright guys I made the butter using the "mason jar method". I let it simmer for 3 hours and I'm going to use nylon to strain the butter since I didn't have a cheesecloth on hand. I was going to bake the treats tonight while the butter was melted but it's nearly 1 am and I'm tired :) I'll make the treats tomorrow and tell you all how it turned out!

Made the krispies and they turned out really good! Put little chopped up mint chocolates in there to help with the flavor. I made a small batch at first because it was just for two people..One krispie gave me a really good buzz :)

I made some cannabutter, but it's a royal pain in the ass and I still say Cannola cooking oil is the way to go. There are many recipes that call for oil and for the ease of opening a bottle over performing science experiments just to make my medicine, I have to say Cannola rocks my socks.

I crock pot mine over night. Cook it for like 6-8 hours on low, then let it come back to room temperature overnight then reheat it again and cook for another 3-4 hours, then let cool and strain. But I put in like 8lbs of butter at a time :) Big crock pot.

Here is some tips for for cooking. First DONT GRIND TRIM leafs / etc... Only CHOP buds . Why? Because you dont want plant matter in your mix.

If you can , pre kief the 420 your going to use then soak in water to release all the plant turpines that are water soluable (like chlorophyll) this helps aid the taste.

Secondly, soaking the leaves EVEN if you dont kief will help the 420 not absord the butter so you get more output.

Lastly, slowly heat the butter and remove the white foam on top of it, this is the milk fats and those will burn and or cause the butter to "turn " quicker.

Has anyone tried this yet? soaking the weed in water first to release the plant turpines? I'm trying to find the best ways to eliminate the weed flavor in my baked goods. Does anyone have any good suggestions/advice to help get rid of the taste? thanks

Back
Top Bottom