Cannabutter in 30-40 minutes! really easy!

FrankDaTank89

Okay, so I decided to buy a half O of some schwag and wanted to make brownies with it. Never made anything with pot before, and have never eaten it in any forum before. I had a friend who was talking about how he and a friend made brownies with an O but just put the straight pot in the pot mix, so it got them real messed up but the brownies tasted like shit. I remember reading about the cannabutter and how it was the basis to making good tasting treats that will get you high.

I was hoping to have the brownies made in a little over an hour from start to finish, and came here and researched the recipie for the butter and was reading times like "let it bake in the butter for 3 hours" and then "cool all night". We were ready for some pot brownies, so i tried a diffrent technique. this technique worked great and got us super stoned last nite, to the point where i woke up and was still feeling it.

What you need..
weed
butter
frying pan
some kind of container (to pour the butter into)
cheesecloth

All the other recpies talk about boiling water, but for this one, you aren't going to need any water. First off, the ratio that I was using was 1 lb (4 sticks) of butter for every O (so i had 2 stickis with the half O).

1. You are just gonna want to get a decent sized frying pan and set it on high. put the two sticks of butter in and make sure it completly melts.

2. after this pull the temperature all the way back down to low, to the point where it is almost completly off.

3. after leaving it on low and constantly stirring it for a good 5 to 10 minutes add the weed. We ground ours up, but put the stems in, because since all the actuall pot is coming back out, we though it would maybe add a little extra bit of thc, if anything it wouldn't hurt it. your welcome to do whatever you want.

4. now for the next 30 minutes you are gonna want to stir the pot with something. what we used was a spatula, just pushing it against teh bottom of the pan back and forth, kind of like scrapping ice of a windshield. VERY IMPORTANT! stiring constantly is a necessity, without during this, there is a ver good chane some of the thc might start to burn off.

5. after 30 minutes take it off the heat and stir it for anywhere for a minute to 10 minutes. im no experct on this, but it just seems like the more it cools down, the more fatty and stick it gets, meaning it will stick better to the thc, but at teh same time, you want to get most of the butter off the weed, so you dont want to let it dry down to much. Just do this at your discretion. I think 5 minutes would be a good average time.

6. now put that cheesecloth over the container and clamp it down somehow, be it a friend holdin it, a rubber band, or whatever gets the job done. now pour all the butter/weed into it.

7. after this, do whatever you want with the weed. (that was all the weed we had, and after about 3 hours, we decided to smoke it. worst decistion ever. put it int he microwave to dry it, and then when we smoked it, it tasted like we where inhaling smoke directly off of the grill. i think it got us a little more high though, not sure. there wasnt a high thc yield on it, hopeuflly.)

8. now, in the container you have cannabutter. since the butter needed to be melted anyway, we just put it straight in the mix, but if you want to save it for later and/or turn it in to an actual piece of butter, let it chill in the firdge for a few hours and then your good to go.

sorry if this has been mentioned before, but it just seems like a great alternative to having to mix the butter with water, and it defiantly worked, i know first hand :yummy: not trying to compete with any body elses recipies on here, i just posted this for the people that want to make cannabutter and use it almost right away.

bump

I just tried this out. Butter was ready in about an hour. I used a tea strainer instead of cheese-cloth because I couldn't find any at the supermarket. I used a 1/4 oz of leafy crap I had just sitting around for this "experiment" and about 120g of butter, ingested about 30 mins ago, already starting to feel the onset.

I put half the butter on a crumpet, and just spooned the rest into my mouth when it had solidified a bit (eww gross I know, but I'm impatient here, and tbh it really didn't taste all that bad). I'll do my best to remember to jump on and report a bit more later on, guess it depends how high I get :)

:peace:

tryd this last night and much prefere it to making it with water. no diff in end result and saves loads of time for us impatients. thanks for the method

Alright, Well i ate 1/4 last night - Nothing...

Ate 1/2 of it for my lunch in work today - Nothing...

6g of weed and 1.5g of kiff wasted. Plus it tasted horrid!

I've pics if anyones interested.

To be honest, you really need more than a few grams of weed to make cannabutter. I'd say closer to 3/4 ounce and a pound of butter. Use a high sided nonstick saucepan with a lid and NEVER take the heat over med-med high. You need to use a metal spoon to stir it, plastic and wood have pores and can absorb flavors and give some nasty ones back.

Adding watter or not makes no difference i don't think because after you put it in the fridge they separate anyway.

ADDING WATTER TO A FRYING PAN FULL OF HOT OIL WILL CAUSE A FIRE!!!

Back
Top Bottom