Cannabutter and Wicked Awesome Brownies

ok update on the brownies. i gave my husband a brownie, approx twice the size of mine, about 2 and half inches squared. he doesnt really use weed and has smoked with me maybe 4 times in almost 12 years together. he didnt feel the "quickie" cookies i made the other day. so he eats the brownie and goes in to work on the computer. about an hour and 15 minutes later, he comes out of the office with this red face and this big grin and says "im sorta dizzy, i cant type, etc" just cracking me up. this was around 10 at night. i asked him if he wanted to have sex and he said he couldnt deal. the next morning he couldnt go to work til about 1 oclock. he was still fucked up, dizzy and even nauseous. ??? :morenutes: i mean he was tore up. he ate a big brownie tho and has no tolerance. im gonna continue to save my vaped out stuff, leaf, etc and maybe get some mids on a deal and make the butter more concentrated. like more weed in the butter so u dont have to eat such a big piece.

Hey, Colo-dro,
The buzz from edibles lasts a long time, like 6 hours or more, so I will consume them only in the morning, unless it's a stony strain that's for insomnia.
Yeah, i like making brownies with toasted vapey bits. That stuff is good sprinkled over your morning oatmeal, too.

the brownie recipe is awesome btw tigerbalm. i recently did a concentrated batch, like two ounces for a pound of butter. an ounce of leaf and trim and an ounce of misc. bud. good stuff. they were quite medicinal. i think i have it figured out now. if i just want to chill i will smoke but if i need to medicate without being able to smoke, like when im guiding, these will work. :morenutes::thumb:

I am officially giving a magic oatmeal recipe results report: (serves one)

1 C water
1/2 C oatmeal
1/3 C dried cranberries
1/4 C slivered almonds
1 T of vape toasted herb (my blend is Satori, S.A.G.E.)
Hemp milk, poured over, soupiness to one's own taste

Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan.
Add oatmeal, cranberries, slivered almonds, and toasted herb.
Bring mixture to a boil, stirring, then cover and turn off the heat.
Wait a while. (go take a shower or something. Check your email.) Or reduce heat and continue a slow boil of mixture, stirring, until mixture thickens.
Put into cereal bowl, and pour hemp milk over.
Serve with mango juice ready to quench any cotton mouth symptoms.
Stay hydrated.

I ate this at 8:30am and then did some solid brick laying in my garden until 11am, when i got wicked cotton mouth. Note to self, must have water bottle filled and ready to hand. (amended recipe above. mango juice is great.)
But i must say, for an old fart, doing yoga poses to get under the day lilies to pull up brick that they are growing over (can't waste brick where it's not being used)(damn, do i sound like a thrifty yankee or something? In actuality, i'm a laid-off person who is realigning all the worldly goods i have at the mo; doing a lot of realigning and reassessing, what is best use of stuff or best user of stuff and if it's not me give it away,)
So I did some wicked good gardening, totally redesigning my bit of sod while totally under the influence, using the 4' square gardening of Mel Bartholomew, but wrapping the grid around the corner of the back flagstone patio, and making all the paths brick, using up some leftover brick. Tricky putting a grid down on an existing garden, because plants will intrude on the planned walkway, stopping a too authoritarian new regime in the garden. Quite a few plants made their case and won zoning variances.
One reason i find the garden so magical, is this is where i disposed of my grow's potting soil - the magic of the grow is still there, in the soil.

hey man, i dont know if it was put in there or not, i didnt feel like reading through everybodys post, but i was wondering, did you use margerine or real butter? margerine is not full butter it has a water content also, if you were to melt it down in the microwave you would see it seperate, using butter like blue bonnet and imperial is not real butter... you want real butter to make some bomby bomb cannabutter! I hope this helps out!
:peacetwo:

And while i'm nattering on, my current favorite brownie recipe, to be done while high to appreciate the phase changes the mixture goes through;

Browned Butter Brownies

1 1/4 sticks of butter
1 C sugar
1/3 C flour
3/4 C cocoa
1 T vanilla
2 tspoon water
2 eggs

Cut the butter into pieces and put into small saute pan. (save the wrapper to butter the pan or parchment paper lining the pan.)
Melt the butter over med hi heat.
While the butter is first starting to melt, you have time to fill up the measuring cups with the other required ingredients - at least measure out the sugar to have at the ready when cooling down the browning butter. Tho it is cute to see the whole measuring cup family all filled and ready to deploy.
So, start stirring gently while butter foams, trying to see under the foam whether the milky bits are browning. When you see the bits browning, and it smells just right, remove from heat and immediately add the sugar. This brings the butter's temp down to keep anything from overcooking or burning. Stir til combined and smooth.
Add the flour and cocoa. (Adding the flour to the butter may create a roux which may explain why the mixture seizes with the later addition of liquid - quite counterintuitive, i must say.)
**in professorial tone to the young and curious:** "Note the mixture is quite liquidy, not like a brownie batter at all. And we still are to add liquid!"
Add the vanilla, water, and beat in the eggs. The batter turns sorta a dimply globby stufff, then with some more beating (the mixture, dammit!) turns totally silky and smooth. Maybe 60 strokes with a wooden spoon. (the mixture, not the kids, dammit)
Pour into a buttered 8x8 cake pan. If you want to nicely cut these for a nice presentation, better line the pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and butter the liner.
Bake at 350 degree F for 25 minutes.
Eat with a spoon hot out of the oven, or wait until cooled and lift out of pan to cut.

hey man, i dont know if it was put in there or not, i didnt feel like reading through everybodys post, but i was wondering, did you use margerine or real butter? margerine is not full butter it has a water content also, if you were to melt it down in the microwave you would see it seperate, using butter like blue bonnet and imperial is not real butter... you want real butter to make some bomby bomb cannabutter! I hope this helps out!
Hey, Astronr,
Absolutely most definitely use real cows butter. Those margarine substances are not healthy forms of fat. Thanks for the warning, so noted to pay attention.

Here's my last awesome recipe; if you can score bread from a day-old give away spot, like a Council on Aging, use hemp milk and eggs to make a really nutritious french toast.

Hemp Milk French Toast
serves one

2 eggs
2 T hemp milk
dash powdered cinnamon
4 slices of ciabatta (cinnamon-raison bread would be awesome) (beggars get to be choosers!)
1 T butter for cast iron skillet

Beat eggs hemp milk, and cinnamon in a shallow soup bowl.
Tear bread into cubes and add to the liquid, turning to soak thoroughly. Pat softened bread into a cake like shape.
Put butter in skillet, let melt and bubble a bit.
With one swell foop, push the soggy bread form into the skillet, patting to push any escaped bits into the mass.
Fry for a minute or so, loosen underneath with a metal spatula, and turn to brown on the other side. Lower heat if you want a more done interior.
Serve with maple syrup.

also about the whole thing about how much butter you had in it, just to make another note that butter has a higher evaporation temp than water, so if you had it boiling to high then that could be a reason that you ended up less than you started with!

also about the whole thing about how much butter you had in it, just to make another note that butter has a higher evaporation temp than water, so if you had it boiling to high then that could be a reason that you ended up less than you started with!

i think you might have the answer - water content in butter. i should do a test run - boil down some butter with no herb added, and measure how much i have left at the end.

Thanks!

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is generally considered to be the primary active substance in cannabis. Along with other psychoactive cannabinoids, THC is a hydrophobic oil, meaning it's insoluble in water but soluble in lipids (oil/fat) and alcohol. Using either one of these to extract THC from cannabis is required to have the cooked product be psychoactive.[1] During preparation the cannabis or its extract must be heated sufficiently or dehydrated to cause decarboxylation of its most abundant cannabinoid, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, into psychoactive THC.[2]

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is generally considered to be the primary active substance in cannabis. Along with other psychoactive cannabinoids, THC is a hydrophobic oil, meaning it's insoluble in water but soluble in lipids (oil/fat) and alcohol. Using either one of these to extract THC from cannabis is required to have the cooked product be psychoactive.[1] During preparation the cannabis or its extract must be heated sufficiently or dehydrated to cause decarboxylation of its most abundant cannabinoid, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, into psychoactive THC.[2]
Very interesting that dehydration will also cause dearboxylation - so one could eat dried bud and get the same bennies as a baked comestible. I save the toasty bits from vaping and add them to my breakfast cereal for an energized day (sativa = Satori and SAGE), but now i know that if I'm short of toasty bits, i can go for the bud! Will try this out and report back. (PS, can you link to your source material? I see the footnote numbers.)
:thanks:

CannaButter: One once of bud or 2-4 oz trim/shake to one pound "real" unsalted butter or if you like you can substitute "Butter Gee" which has a much higher fat content and works great.

Boil 1 pound butter with 4 cups water

reduce heat or move to crock pot and add one ounce ground bud or 2 to 4 ounces ground trim/shake

heat for 4-8 hours at NO MORE THEN 200 degrees F. any higher temps will destroy THC and CBD's stirring occasionally

remove from heat and strain through cheesecloth into glass bowl , PLACE IN FRIDGE overnight

take out of fridge in morning and mixture will be separated, pour off green water and cut butter up for storage in fridge.

NOW YOU HAVE CANNABUTTER !!!! works GREAT for Brownies, Cookies or anything thing else you desire.

****NOTE**** Keep Cooking Temps for Brownies and Cookies at NO MORE then 340 F for best results. We Cook at 300 F and add 15 to 25 minutes to cooking times.

Now, Wicked Awesome Brownies
from Gourmet June 2008

2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter (cannabutter)
8 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (no more than 60% cacao if marked)
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
5 large eggs
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Butter and flour a 13- by 9-inch baking pan.
Melt butter and chocolate in a 3-qt heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm. Whisk in sugar and vanilla. Whisk in eggs 1 at a time until mixture is glossy and smooth.
Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt, then whisk into chocolate mixture until combined.
Spread in pan and bake until a pick inserted in center comes out with crumbs, 25 to 35 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into square inches.

I baked the brownies for 25 min, to keep them moist.
The wicked part of this recipe is the cannabutter.
The awesome part is that there are 117 square inches of brownie!

gday
I've used this recipe a few times and it's great! I don't smoke, only eat it

I have sleep issues.

here in canada I am legal via gov canada and purchase only through gov approved companies.

my current situation for posting: I've just started a "keto" diet to drop 20pds as i'm 6'1 and 220 pds

Question:
Per square (I get close to 100 squares per batch)
Can anyone tell me the nutritional value of these? Specifically carbs/fat and sugar breakdown

btw i use 1 oz per pound of butter and use half pd for each batch of brownies

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom