CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

wow... i did this a couple of months back and WOW!! maybe i overdid it ( if possible :p)

i made like you said in the tutorial but thought that 1oz for every 1lb butter was a bit much.. so i took a little over 1oz of good trimm (34grams to be xact) and 1 bud (4grams) and used this for about 230grams of butter.

when the cook was ready and the butter was placed in the fridge over the night..

i made muffins!! big ones, i got out about 160grams of butter (is like what? 7oz ?)

and i used just under half of what i got.

i ended up with 6 big muffins, so me and some friends took one each, and for the first 1-1.5 hr i did not feel much, but then shit started to happen...

long story short!

Use as much as i did, and u will be totaly fucked up for a minimum of 20hrs!! thats a promise!

Seriously, i was out of my mind for 25hrs straight, but i felt the after effects for almost two days, totaly insane this stuff!

Ok so last night I tried making this - used one lb of butter and an ounce of vaped weed - cooked it for 3.5 hrs and placed in fridge. This morning I checked on it after leaving it in the fridge for 8+ hrs but the whole container looks like butter, no waste water at the bottom - WHAT DID I DO WRONG?? and how do I fix it ? I still have the gaped weed I used for it, I didn't throw it away....

I have to ask, how much water did you have in the pot with the butter and weed?
It seems to work much better if you use some water, bring it to a boil, put in your butter, and then add your weed. If you boil the water, be sure to replace what boils away as you go. The water seems to take a good deal of the things you DON'T want in your Budda.
Good Luck! don't get discouraged, as long as you keep all the parts you still have the high. Munch it ALL if you have to. What the heck.

Ok so last night I tried making this - used one lb of butter and an ounce of vaped weed - cooked it for 3.5 hrs and placed in fridge. This morning I checked on it after leaving it in the fridge for 8+ hrs but the whole container looks like butter, no waste water at the bottom - WHAT DID I DO WRONG?? and how do I fix it ? I still have the gaped weed I used for it, I didn't throw it away....

I have to ask, how much water did you have in the pot with the butter and weed?
It seems to work much better if you use some water, bring it to a boil, put in your butter, and then add your weed. If you boil the water, be sure to replace what boils away as you go. The water seems to take a good deal of the things you DON'T want in your Budda.
Good Luck! don't get discouraged, as long as you keep all the parts you still have the high. Munch it ALL if you have to. What the heck.

It said to make sure there was at least an inch and a half of water so i made sure there was plenty but i did not keep topping it off - i'm thinking it didnt separate because theres no water left ?? at the bottom of the container it seems some of the waste has collected but its a super thin line - i dont know if i should start to consume it or maybe let it simmer again with some water ??

Yes, go ahead and resimmer it and make sure your water don't all evaporate. Watch your heat too. It doesn't need to be a full boil. Just a slow roll is plenty.
Let us know how it turns out
:)
ps you don't need to resimmer the weed, but it wouldn't hurt. Just in case some is trapped on the plant material.

I didn't see a printable version so I decided to make one myself, tell me what you think...Thanks Hash for the recipe.

33lchsy.jpg

'gotta say that I thought it took days. I've always done mine on so low the butter never boils. Water. Wonderful. My butter hasn't been doing it for me. Thanks for the better butter!

Soo I'm going to cook 10 grams...any tips?
Do I cook it the full three hours or watch for the water to turn glossy?

First time, I'm excited but nervous :x

You're gonna love this stuff!
with such a small amount, you may want to be sure to use a small pot.
you just don't want to make so much water that it's hard to recover your butter.
MYSELF, I would keep it to a half stick of butter for 10g. weed, but that's me. I like it STRONG.
Often times I find myself breaking off a teaspoon worth from my butter supply and let it dissolve under my tongue.
Some say it has to go through your GI tract before you get high, but I disagree. I get BAKED within 5-10 min after.
Quick
convieniant
stealthy
tastes good

grind it, simmer it, strain it and enjoy it. go slow n gentle, give it the 3hrs. first time. Enjoy

Amazing recipe!!!! Follow the easy directions and you will have a great product. I also noticed I was pleasantly high from the boiling process. Bonus! And I used the left over weed in banana muffins. Not as potent, but they certainly did get me high. My first high was the best. I chomped two muffins at first. After an hour I started to feel impatient and gulped two more. Ten minutes later I was on the floor drooling. Lol! Fantastic! I used a half ounce of bud and a little over a half pound of butter. I've made two dozen muffins with half the butter and the boiled weed. Thanks for the recipe!

Hash,
Thanx for the recipe.. question, you say "I used about 5 grams of fresh nug and about 7 grams of vaped bud." Vaped bud? already smoked through a vaporizer?? Or what do you mean here? Also do you have a recipe for MJ hard candy? Most hard candy recipes do not include butter. So how do you add the MJ butter to a recipe that does not call for butter?
Thank you.

I swear to god I get high from standing over the stove when the pot is cooking. Has anyone else noticed this?

Funny You Said That.. i was breathing right over the pot (no pun intended!) .and thought i was getting fucked up a little later. . but i was like nahhh i'm buggin.. .then both people in my house said.. i think i'm totally fucked up from it cooking in the air .. so i'm with you on that .. everybody's feelin it here. hahaha

This is THE way to make cannabutter. The water is the key. It allows you to cook as long as you want without overheating the butter. Water can't get hotter than 212F, so there is no risk of burning away the psychoactive compounds.

If you do not wish to cook with it now, you can just place it back in the tupperware, place the lid back on and store it in the fridge.

Awesome post, but this part could be bad advice. I recently went to use some butter stored in tupperware in the fridge. It had gotten moldy and was unusable. There wasn't a lot but even scraping it off, the whole thing smelled moldy.

Freeze it. I had some from an older batch in the freezer still. Worked great.

If you're only storing for a week, the fridge is fine. Mine was in there for a couple months probably.

Does anyone know if clarifying your cannabutter would have any positive or negative effect on the high ?

I don't think it would have any affect on the high. Clarifying does not remove the fat/lipids, so it will still function the same.

I make canna butter using the kief from a dry ice extraction bubble bag process. I find this process very easy and quick. I actually mixed my kief with garlic and pepper flakes. I have made some helpful videos on this process as well. Here is the Canna Butter video:

Making Some Canna Butter Using Dry Ice Extraction Keif - YouTube

I also have 6 videos here on making kief from the Dry Ice Extraction process:

Dry Ice Mesh Bubble Bags - YouTube

Let me know if you growers have any questions. Enjoy the videos. They are educational for sure!

Back
Top Bottom