Cannabutter with stems

Actually I grew up calling it the standard headies but once going to school in the city I've heard the term "hydro" or "dro." I'm guessing its derived from hydroponics which we are all familiar with. This sounds like good advice and I'm glad to hear that people have had success with this. I'm gonna save/use the stems from my plant after harvest, initially and from all the buds once they've smoked.

Actually I grew up calling it the standard headies but once going to school in the city I've heard the term "hydro" or "dro." I'm guessing its derived from hydroponics which we are all familiar with. This sounds like good advice and I'm glad to hear that people have had success with this. I'm gonna save/use the stems from my plant after harvest, initially and from all the buds once they've smoked.

Why waste your time doing that..

Re: Cannabutter with stems is for donkeys

Stems and Sticks have very little THC. Dont waste your time saving them unless you plan to make rope. Anyone who would really waste over 6 hours boiling down Stems in oil..
Bro, The high isnt worth it. A Fat Dirtweed Joint will get you 10X Higher.. I have grown alot of different weed indoors and out.. In my Experience.. Stems are a big waste of time as far as a High.. There is some Hashplant(afghani) that grows very thick stalks that can be rubbed for pure hash. But, That is Very Large Outdoor Crops.. :thedoubletake: cooking with it is almost a total wall hit.

I have to disagree. I have made successful batches of brownies with stems. When dealing with well cured buds that are of a high quality and thc content, the stems inside dense buds carry thc. Heat up a 1/8 cup olive oil or butter, saute some stems that are of that quality, strain and use like you would normally use either in your kitchen. You cant deny the results. There is THC there. It wont glue you to the couch like smoking a few volcano bags of sticky but you will feel it. It also lasts a relatively long time as opposed to the 20 minutes high peak derived from smoking. Eating these foods before smoking and going off for a day of actividad will keep you blazed for longer than normal. Your high will come back with less smoking. They have many benefits other than getting you retarted and stitching your ass to the seat of the nearest lounge chair. And 6 hours? Who cooks stems for 6 hours? 10 minutes in a rolling fry in oil will do you good. The more time you cook in oil, the more bitter the taste and burnt the stems become.:loopy:

Re: Cannabutter with stems is for donkeys

Stems and Sticks have very little THC. Dont waste your time saving them unless you plan to make rope. Anyone who would really waste over 6 hours boiling down Stems in oil..
Bro, The high isnt worth it. A Fat Dirtweed Joint will get you 10X Higher.. I have grown alot of different weed indoors and out.. In my Experience.. Stems are a big waste of time as far as a High.. There is some Hashplant(afghani) that grows very thick stalks that can be rubbed for pure hash. But, That is Very Large Outdoor Crops.. :thedoubletake: cooking with it is almost a total wall hit.

I stand by my earlier statement:Rasta:

fair enough. This debate alone has only furthered my want to prove/disprove this theory. I will definitely give this another shot with stems from some high grade bud and a separate time with the stems from my plant. It'll take awhile but I'll update the thread once I do so.

Beware the placebo effect. Ive given people regular brownies at parties when i ran out of bud brownies. Its pretty funny.

I hear you.

I'm experienced enough to know to rely on cottonmouth. If I get dry-mouthed its either edibles or good nugget.

Been travelin',
litt' ReCon on the way,
now the farm is down , I Can :)

Nope ,
not much in the way of Trichs left on stemy trash But way I look at it,
they ain't all gone till ya' melt them off,
the plant matter.
Just a matter of havin' a pot big enough to cook it down in :cheesygrinsmiley:

and it is the only food edible product that is known to last and remain edible for over 1,000 years. Honey was found in tombs in egypt that still liquid and edible. Boney butter is not that expensive. In southern parts or north america it is offered as a condiment in many breakfast resturants. I assume cooking it down would be the same as butter. May have to be kept at a lower heat for a longer time to avoid burning but it sounds good. Anybody up for it?

Back
Top Bottom