Cannanewb's First Time Grow

Thanks newbiewgrwer sorry the pics aren't that great took them with my phone and only have use of one hand, so you think they are the norm for two weeks old?
:thanks:
Look good to me. That first week if not more is all about establishing a root system so for 2 weeks you are doing great.

Things are coming along nicely, will have to adjust my lights to a taller height in a day or two. I FIM'd 3 and topped 2 today. I also had them outside today for 3/12 hours to start the hardening process in a few days I will give them some direct sun. stems are thickening nicely. I did see a couple of ants on the raised bed I have built for their outdoor transplant, is this problematic or no big deal?

Brought my plants in tonight at 6:00 and everything looked normal and good. Just went to shut the grow lights off at 12:30AM and see that they had some crazy growth is this the norm when starting the hardening or after topping and FIM'ing. I am going to have to adjust my lights before they are turned on in the morning for sure.

Brought my plants in tonight at 6:00 and everything looked normal and good. Just went to shut the grow lights off at 12:30AM and see that they had some crazy growth is this the norm when starting the hardening or after topping and FIM'ing. I am going to have to adjust my lights before they are turned on in the morning for sure.
I have noticed that after topping or training they kind of explode with growth. And I noticed that my plants did grow a little quicker while hardening.

Well it is day 17 above soil, I ended up doing my FIM's over as it looked like I didn't quite get it. Just brought them inside from hardening and things seem to be going well except that i found a few very very small black bugs, so small you could barely see them. Anybody have any idea what they are and if they could be a problem and if so what could I put on the plants that would keep them away?

Well it is day 17 above soil, I ended up doing my FIM's over as it looked like I didn't quite get it. Just brought them inside from hardening and things seem to be going well except that i found a few very very small black bugs, so small you could barely see them. Anybody have any idea what they are and if they could be a problem and if so what could I put on the plants that would keep them away?
We would need pics to be sure but they would most likely be a problem. Try Neem oil. It is a natural pest treatment. You will most likely have to dilute it but then you just spray it on. Make sure not to put them in the sun until after it dries good.

Well called around this city and no Neem Oil the best I could come up with is Bud B Gone Insecticide, I hope this works because the plants are doing so well.
Before using bug b gone look up some diy natural or safe insecticide. Like soapy water. Keep in mind that whatever your plants absorb you'll be smoking.

Thats true newbiegrwer thanks I never thought to much of it but it does say that it is good for fruit trees, herbs and things of that nature as long as you wash the fruits, vegetables and herbs before use. but i will check that hydro store I was at yesterday.

Also look for AzaMax TreeAzin or AzaGaurd these are made from Azadirachtrin which is extracted from neem it disrupts growth and makes bugs not want to eat worked great to get rid of those buggers for me.
Neem oil is everywhere in Oregon you can probably get it at 7-11 here its at most Home improvement stores under brand names you have to read the bottles, in the garden section and most feed and seed places have it to.
Another one is Pyrethrins it is extracted from chrysanthemum. I used this in a bug bomb to rid the area of them with the plants out of the area when i went into the grow space after the bomb was done i could hardly breath harsh stuff but natural.

Back
Top Bottom