Cannanewb's First Time Grow

Those pots look like the type that hold water in them so they self water. Be careful with that. I was using some that did something similar and things started to do better when I pulled the bottom off of them and let them drain better. They were just keeping the soil too wet. I just used dry soil when I transplanted then gave it a thorough wetting after. To me it's easier to work with dry soil because it stays loose and moves around easy. Let's see how the plants look, will you post a pic of them?

Thanks newbiegrwer and dirt mcgert, yes the bottoms are coming off these pots and will just sit in trays or on a cloth. So water after the transplant it is, do you think I will be ok to do the transplant now or wait a few days?
Post a pic of your seedlings so we can see what you see and we'll be able to give you a better idea.

Also when transferring from those peat pots there is a really easy way not to harm your plants. Take some scissors and carefully cut the bottom off then cut a slit in the side. If the soil packed enough it should stay in as long as you hold the pot lightly. Then once you get it in your new pot you just peel the peat pot off of it and fill around.

Thanks for the tip, here are the photos, dont know why they came out upside down but you will get the idea.
20160618_085408.jpg
20160618_085350.jpg

Thanks Canna, have another stupid question for you guys, Crop King says WW is 8 weeks in flower. Is that from the start of the grow or is it 8 weeks after veg, and how long is veg for WW? Not hard to tell I am completely new to this is it...lol Sorry for all the questions gonna try to pick me up a good book today but this is a very conservative town, my only shot would be at Chapters bookstore. Any suggestions for good books?

You will veg for however long you like to achieve the size plant you want. Keep in mind that they double in size if not more during flower. Then once they start flowering you get 8 weeks then it should be about ready. Don't go purely off the timeline though, check your trichromes and harvest when they show ready.

Typically if you buy autoflower it will be advertised as autoflower otherwise it's photoperiod. Autoflower will switch on it's own at about 4 weeks then you'll have roughly 8 weeks of flower. Photoperiod will naturally switch if outdoors but indoors you have to manipulate the light schedule and color range to get it to switch.

Typically if you buy autoflower it will be advertised as autoflower otherwise it's photoperiod. Autoflower will switch on it's own at about 4 weeks then you'll have roughly 8 weeks of flower. Photoperiod will naturally switch if outdoors but indoors you have to manipulate the light schedule and color range to get it to switch.
Great explanation newbie!

well transplant to the new, bigger and better pots is done and it was a rough one, working with one hand is not so easy, peat pots never again! I hope they all survive it would suck to lose any they were doing so well. Tomorrow morning should tell the story. Should I leave the lights on all night to help them recover or would 18/6 be better. I was leaving them on but decided to try 18/6 last night and saw a noticeable difference in their growth at the end of the day today. The only thing about the better bigger pots I think I need another light but I must have bought the last ones in the only store I found them at, couldn't even find a cannabis growers book in this city, pathetic. Any ideas or hints you may have to help the recovery please feel free to throw them my way, thanks guys.

well transplant to the new, bigger and better pots is done and it was a rough one, working with one hand is not so easy, peat pots never again! I hope they all survive it would suck to lose any they were doing so well. Tomorrow morning should tell the story. Should I leave the lights on all night to help them recover or would 18/6 be better. I was leaving them on but decided to try 18/6 last night and saw a noticeable difference in their growth at the end of the day today. The only thing about the better bigger pots I think I need another light but I must have bought the last ones in the only store I found them at, couldn't even find a cannabis growers book in this city, pathetic. Any ideas or hints you may have to help the recovery please feel free to throw them my way, thanks guys.
I'd go with 18/6. It's ok to keep them on 24/0 and a lot of people do it. We like to give ours time to rest. Just like us, they need sleep too. And in case you were wondering, they still growing with the lights off. Our time lapse proved that to us. You can go on the tube and find Vegetation Stage CKS Purple Kush TIME LAPSE - YouTube

Thanks guys, I have gotten better results with 18/6 so I am going to stay with that. As far as I can see no stalk damage unless it is below the surface. I got a lot of those stretched out stalks buried too so should see a great improvement once roots develop on the buried stalks. One isn't much different than it was but I didnt want to push it, so here I will be able to see the difference between them. I will try to get new pics tomorrow, good night all, and thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom