Cannanewb's First Time Grow

Quick question, I read so many places about watering until you see 10-20 % runoff is this the appropriate way to water girls that are this young, I gave them a few sprays when I topped the pots up with soil but I am sure it isn't nearly enough to reach down in the pot. I am so paranoid about losing the girls and the pots are drying out, I had them good and wet when I first started the grow, any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

If you gave the soil a good soak before you planted them, they should be good for a week, a lot of first time growers get impatient and over water but you want the soil to dry out a little so the roots stretch out in search for that water. If you watch them they will let you know when they need a drink. You can pick up those temp/humidity meters at walmart,lowes,homedepot,ect. As far as PH meters I'm not much help there,(I don't bother with ph because I mix my own soil). Starting out patience is key. Hope this could help

I went over two weeks before watering i didn't get a choice since they're outside and it rained yesterday, I wasn't home. Same thing happened two weeks ago.

My plants seemed to be at a stand still do you think topping up the soil on the stem shocked them a bit or is it lack of water, 1st set of leaves is about 1/4 of an inch and thats where they seem to be staying. Room is warm and the lights are at 5 inches. Is this normal or am I just impatient, they broke the soil on Sunday(I think)

20160615_204238.jpg
20160615_203227.jpg
These guys are absolutely right. Just be patient. It's hard to do, especially when the excitement starts making you constantly think about it. I have some photos that show stems developing roots when covered. This is from where I supported my stretched stems with foam golf balls I cut in half. They are about as big around as straws now so I pulled them off because they don't need them and low and behold they were starting roots. This is on my indoor grow in my diy ebb & flow.

Thanks newbiegrwer yup I am impatient for sure moved the light 2 to 3 inches from the pots and things seem to be okay, but I am thinking they should have some water tomorrow, I put them in the pots on Saturday and the pots are now dry. There is no wilting taking place yet tho.

Thanks newbiegrwer yup I am impatient for sure moved the light 2 to 3 inches from the pots and things seem to be okay, but I am thinking they should have some water tomorrow, I put them in the pots on Saturday and the pots are now dry. There is no wilting taking place yet tho.
With those pots when they are dry so is the soil.

Well in a couple of days it will have been a week since my WW plants have broken through the soil and I would love to get these plants out of these peat pots so I can tell how they are doing for water. Do you think it would be safe to transplant the girls into better pots yet? Here is a pic of the new pots I will be using, this will also give me a chance to bury those stretched out stems the girls have. I am assuming the new soil should be wet before I transplant as well
misco-self-watering-planter_650x0_q70_crop-smart.jpg

Back
Top Bottom