Cannanewb's First Time Grow

A seeding tray with a clear cover. I have 1 with a 2 inch dome and 1 with a 7 inch dome. I had to get the 7 inch one on amazon because I couldn't find it in the stores but I love it. I just raise my plants up close to the top to get them closer to the light and as they require it I lower them down. Once I have a good set of true leaves I remove the dome for good and put a little fan blowing on them just enough to make them quiver which helps strengthen the stems. Then once the second set is developed I move them under my grow light on 400 watts and it goes from there.

I thought that is what it might be. Are any slots in it to let the plants get air? I just got back from picking up a pack of three bulbs and two reflectors that you recommended not sure where you guys are to get this stuff for 25 bucks but it cost me 65 where I am and they are hard to find found them at the 5th store I went to, but got them home and set up will give them some time to see if my distance from the light is okay.:thumb:

plants under the new lights and I am getting the first real leaves and plants aren't touching the supports anymore:thanks:
20160614_152237.jpg

Antone think I have the lights too high?

plants under the new lights and I am getting the first real leaves and plants aren't touching the supports anymore:thanks:
20160614_152237.jpg

Antone think I have the lights too high?
They look like they have stretched a little too much to me. As soon as the true leaves develop and put some weight on the tops those stems could snap in half. I would recommend planting them deeper to support that stem but please be super careful with them. I would hate for what happened to me to happen to you. But I agree with dirt mcgert, the lights need to be closer. I usually eyeball it to a level that gives me good light coverage across all my plants and also has good intensity. The further you move away the less bright it appears on the leaves. Try to find a good balance and you'll be fine.

I wouldn't risk any transplanting just stick a skewer in each pot and loosely secure the stem with a twist tie or some string or zip ties really whatever you want

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I wouldn't risk any transplanting just stick a skewer in each pot and loosely secure the stem with a twist tie or some string or zip ties really whatever you want

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App
That works too. Just so long as they are supported from falling over.

What happened to yours newbiegrwer? madmarv0525 transplanting is not going to happen 4 me yet, too risky, have had good luck so far with the germination, planting and growing 5 for 5. I could top the pots up with soil without any risk to the plants and it would give them better support, couldn't I?

What happened to yours newbiegrwer? madmarv0525 transplanting is not going to happen 4 me yet, too risky, have had good luck so far with the germination, planting and growing 5 for 5. I could top the pots up with soil without any risk to the plants and it would give them better support, couldn't I?
That would definitely be better than nothing. I might would even mound up a little. And in the past I had a couple just fall over from stretching too far, then I tried transplanting the rest and accidentally broke one during transplant.

Not good newbiegrwer. here is the new pic of the light height adjustment it is 9 inches from top of the pots what do you think?
20160614_192527.jpg
Let it ride for a day. If things look fine tomorrow then bring them down to 7. If things look fine after a day of that then bring them on down to 5 or so.

Looks good so far i had some of mine stretch out to to about 14" overnight so i added as much soil as i could and staked them up until they were ready for transplant then i buried the stems as deep as possible. It took about a week for the roots to develop but after that they grew so fast they passed the clones up and produced way more bud i figured it was all the extra roots coming out of the buried stem.

That is crazy growth glad it worked out for you, So guess burying the stems are good for them. I guess I will bury as much as I can when they are strong enough to transplant, I still can't get over that 14 inches overnight, thanks for the info redmud.:goodjob:

That is crazy growth glad it worked out for you, So guess burying the stems are good for them. I guess I will bury as much as I can when they are strong enough to transplant, I still can't get over that 14 inches overnight, thanks for the info redmud.:goodjob:
Surprised me that's for sure i didn't know what to do at first. I'm still growing that strain and they are just lanky plants but potent.

Well plants survived the first day under the lights so I dropped them to 7 inches from the pots this morning if they are doing okay at 2 o'clock think I will drop them to 5 inches. I was unable to find a PH meter yesterday, anyone have any ideas? Also how important is the humidity level to the growth of the plant? I have seen some pics with a humidity meter in them, where could I get one of those? I got started late so I need to do everything I can. I did 18/6 one night but since I got the new lights I just left them on, will this hurt the plants or benefit them, I don't know if they require a break or not :helpsmilie:

Back
Top Bottom