Cannatonic

Thanks for the feedback. Tested at 50 days and was 19%THC and .8%CBDs. still has another week to go. Its very, very good so far, from what I've sampled. Mentor told me those percentages will change in the last 2 weeks. We'll see.

love this strain. My collective just took first in amasterdam with this strain and I can say it feels wonderful when vaped. I never packed a bowl with it but the flavor and high was superb in the vape

No disrespect to guru breeders, but they bred almost everything out of the medicine except for THC and now they are trying to reinvent the wheel. I spent a crazy summer LONG time ago in Israel ago smoking primo Red Lebanese Hash and it was the best cannabis I ever smoked (and ate). Smooth, awesome high, no paranoia, warm feeling in the body, no jitters ... totally high and yet I had energy to work in the fields and at night do more until you're almost couch locked and sleeping like a baby.

Then a couple of years ago I was reading in High Times about their visit to Israel and they interviewed Dr. Mechoulam the guy who isolated THC and and helped find the Endo Cannabioind system all living things have.

He said that CBD and the other active ingredients are extremely important and he didn't know why everyone was trying to develop a THC/CBD balanced strain when it already existed in Lebanese strains.

IMO it makes much more sense to take a landrace that people have been using for a long time and has medicinal and uplifiting qualities but CBD rich strains from Sativa, just seems weird to me. And I love Sativas, but then again give me some landrace sativa anyday, especially African .... Durban Poison, Malawi Gold, Nigerian, Congolese ...

I'll try and dig out the article page and upload it.

Sometimes you just gotta respect what native/indigenous people have done and realize they may know a thing or two even though we always think we know best.

The difference between smoking a strain with high CBD and dosing cannabis concentrated oil ( a high CBD strain) correctly is night and day for pain. I see so many people discussing smoking MJ for pain, I feel like I've been missing something for 50 yrs. For me smoking really never did much for pain and in some cases depending on the strain seem to amplify the pain. Dosing a high CBD in the morning (a small drop) last for 24 hrs or more. Notice the dose is in the morning...I use Harlequin and being 75% Sativa it motivates you so by the end of the day, I use a IndicaXIndica oil for baby sleep. Folks with Chronic pain that uses MJ and not the concentrate your missing out of the TRUE effect of CBD's....dose this properly in the a.m. and you can spark the hooters all you want or enjoy the day pain free and clear headed. It is amazing how different strains that are similar in genetics can be so different, which is such a benefit to an individual so they can find what works for their genetic make-up.

OP: I've seen Harlequin strains exceed 16% CBD...8%THC if the test results was legit. IMHO all the strains high in CBD are excellent meds.

I hope soon CBN's will be coming to the forefront also. I do not get my Harlequin/high CBD from dispensary's because if it doesn't sell fast its sits around and its impossible to check the CBD content...you can smell, check for a lot of trich's (microscope), see if its fresh but nada on the CBDs. Why I grow my own. All strains with high CBD should be grown full term. I take the Harlequin full term (12 weeks flower) so the CBDs can fully develop. The last 1 1/2 weeks it seems like the plant was covered in trichs & the sandman used THC and covered the fan leaves.

Cannatonic leaves my mind blank.

No thoughts. Peace.

A blessing for mental health.

Rico....best words I ever heard for mental peace ! :Namaste:

Am I mistaken, or isn't hemp full of CBD ?
also, CAN'T CBD be isomerized into THC fairly easily?
Hmmm, Isn't hemp being brought back as a cash crop for farmers in the USA?
Seems like we may have found a new use for the 'ol still.

From information I've gotten Hemp can contain 3-5 % cbd on its leaves ( used heavily in CBD tinctures, considering 1 1/2 % does pain good for 3-5hrs. @ least in my experience)...I didn't know it could be converted back into thc, but, seems logical as thc becomes less potent cbd and cbn develope. You talking about running through a still through a coil condenser for the conversion? Thanks

From information I've gotten Hemp can contain 3-5 % cbd on its leaves ( used heavily in CBD tinctures, considering 1 1/2 % does pain good for 3-5hrs. @ least in my experience)...I didn't know it could be converted back into thc, but, seems logical as thc becomes less potent cbd and cbn develope. You talking about running through a still through a coil condenser for the conversion? Thanks

No, to convert CDB into THC, it has to be isomerized, with sulfuric acid. It's NOT difficult. Look up Iso2 online.
I made an extract from the leaves of my plants, & while it takes a lot to get high on, it does help keep my pain manageable.
If you do isomerization though, you won't have any CDB's left in the oil, & straight THC can really make the mind race. CDB's help mellow the THC.

No, to convert CDB into THC, it has to be isomerized, with sulfuric acid. It's NOT difficult. Look up Iso2 online.
I made an extract from the leaves of my plants, & while it takes a lot to get high on, it does help keep my pain manageable.
If you do isomerization though, you won't have any CDB's left in the oil, & straight THC can really make the mind race. CDB's help mellow the THC.

Thanks for the info...yea I know about straight THC...seen some peeps who thought they was on a death trip on acid or something....glad the other cannabinoids are around...lolol. Fortunately for me I've been pain free for almost 2 yrs...what a difference in life style. thanks again

No disrespect to guru breeders, but they bred almost everything out of the medicine except for THC and now they are trying to reinvent the wheel. I spent a crazy summer LONG time ago in Israel ago smoking primo Red Lebanese Hash and it was the best cannabis I ever smoked (and ate). Smooth, awesome high, no paranoia, warm feeling in the body, no jitters ... totally high and yet I had energy to work in the fields and at night do more until you're almost couch locked and sleeping like a baby.

Then a couple of years ago I was reading in High Times about their visit to Israel and they interviewed Dr. Mechoulam the guy who isolated THC and and helped find the Endo Cannabioind system all living things have.

He said that CBD and the other active ingredients are extremely important and he didn't know why everyone was trying to develop a THC/CBD balanced strain when it already existed in Lebanese strains.

IMO it makes much more sense to take a landrace that people have been using for a long time and has medicinal and uplifiting qualities but CBD rich strains from Sativa, just seems weird to me. And I love Sativas, but then again give me some landrace sativa anyday, especially African .... Durban Poison, Malawi Gold, Nigerian, Congolese ...

I'll try and dig out the article page and upload it.

Sometimes you just gotta respect what native/indigenous people have done and realize they may know a thing or two even though we always think we know best.
Its all about the euphoric Brother....right? LOL That is why its the way it is....hardly anything is in the shops that have true medical value. They want the harvest picked @ peak THC and screw the other cannabinoids for the med crowd. I totally agree though, why not a high cbd indica strain? For issues like cancer...you need sleep & appetite, but also HIGH pain relief (especially if going through chemo) not the opposite. Of course the reasoning, was to get more yields out of Indica by crossing with Sativa = more profit. Hell, a lot of growers don't even like growing a Harlequin because of the long flowering time. I would love to see a high cbd Indica strain for sure. Interesting post ! Thanks

I have some of this around. Think I need to try it again once I know my body better im a noob :p. All I ended up with was a heavy feeling body and an irritating headache. No sleep no pain relief :(

The difference between smoking a strain with high CBD and dosing cannabis concentrated oil ( a high CBD strain) correctly is night and day for pain. I see so many people discussing smoking MJ for pain, I feel like I've been missing something for 50 yrs. For me smoking really never did much for pain and in some cases depending on the strain seem to amplify the pain. Dosing a high CBD in the morning (a small drop) last for 24 hrs or more. Notice the dose is in the morning...I use Harlequin and being 75% Sativa it motivates you so by the end of the day, I use a IndicaXIndica oil for baby sleep. Folks with Chronic pain that uses MJ and not the concentrate your missing out of the TRUE effect of CBD's....dose this properly in the a.m. and you can spark the hooters all you want or enjoy the day pain free and clear headed. It is amazing how different strains that are similar in genetics can be so different, which is such a benefit to an individual so they can find what works for their genetic make-up.

OP: I've seen Harlequin strains exceed 16% CBD...8%THC if the test results was legit. IMHO all the strains high in CBD are excellent meds.

I hope soon CBN's will be coming to the forefront also. I do not get my Harlequin/high CBD from dispensary's because if it doesn't sell fast its sits around and its impossible to check the CBD content...you can smell, check for a lot of trich's (microscope), see if its fresh but nada on the CBDs. Why I grow my own. All strains with high CBD should be grown full term. I take the Harlequin full term (12 weeks flower) so the CBDs can fully develop. The last 1 1/2 weeks it seems like the plant was covered in trichs & the sandman used THC and covered the fan leaves.

I've got Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I've tried smoking twice; a joint {MK Ultra},and a vaporizer {Headband}, but it did not seem to do anything for my IBS or even calm me down to relax my spasms. If anything it made be a tad panicky until I leveled out [My lungs are shot from years of smoking everything up until 2003]. I am looking solely to eating now and have seen that two others have had almost zero results from smoking [for gastrointestinal disorders] but good results from eating hash oil. What would you recommend as an entry level dose?

Forgive me but it's been a long time since I did this stuff. Back in the day we used to make hash with an isomizer and alcohol. Is this the same process but with sulfuric acid?

You guys are so close! It is the concentrated oil your after, just not the right way to take it. Soooo close for what ails you good folks. Eating concentrated oil for the euphoric can be an fail on certain medical conditions and can set off anxiety/panic attacks because of its strength in potency. What about no euphoric and have a feeling of wellness while you heal? Once you regiment your body dosing with the concentrated oil properly you can still enjoy your herb. I know, I know I'm so redundant I cannot stand myself sometimes. Its my love for people not wanting them to be in pain and suffering

Thanks for the feedback everyone! My 'cannatonic' turned out fantastic. Did everything I was reading about and more. I personally benefited from not only the higher CBD's, but the mind numbing effect did wonders for anxiety. Turns out though, the source of my plant is unclear as to whether this is the true Cannatonic or not. In the meantime I have renamed it 'Enigma.' I have another one going, huge, huge, consistent buds and odor. Top shelf all the way, whatever it is. Explosive fruity odor that lingers throughout the entire curing and consuming stages. I supposedly have the true, true Canno in vegetation right now. Can't wait to see the diff! Spread the word...LEGALIZE sHEMP! Stop prohibition!

You guys are so close! It is the concentrated oil your after, just not the right way to take it. Soooo close for what ails you good folks. Eating concentrated oil for the euphoric can be an fail on certain medical conditions and can set off anxiety/panic attacks because of its strength in potency. What about no euphoric and have a feeling of wellness while you heal? Once you regiment your body dosing with the concentrated oil properly you can still enjoy your herb. I know, I know I'm so redundant I cannot stand myself sometimes. Its my love for people not wanting them to be in pain and suffering

I'm am posting somewhat in reply to the article and my experience with Cannatonic strains in Summit County Colorado. The quick answer is this is a miracle and I feel amazing! Want to read more please continue. Plus, I quoted this post because the passion is uplifting and so is this Bud if used properly.

The Business

This Strain packs so much potential for people,(such as myself) who suffer from Panic/anxiety. Those who have it, know it, and those FanBoy's and Girl's who says its relaxing? Much love too but there is some much more involved. Currently, concentration levels in CO are readily available but missrepresented. This will change in July 2014 for the betterment of the movement in my opinion. 19.1% to 6% CBD/THC is the highest report to date since legalization. I can look at the color and abundance of the trichomes, matched with my experiences, and tell the difference. I Digress.

Since age 26 I have had multiple hospitalizations for Panic Attacks. Most, But no all, directly related to significant events i.e. hangovers, sleeplessness, high stress work (stock broker/advisor). Pharms like Lexapro Xanax and so forth were my first choice. Followed by, quitting my $100k per annum lifestyle/job, doing the manuals and packets of training to control the symptoms. All helpful but some, Drugs, a terrible slippery slope. I packed the Ranger and moved to be a ski bum in CO, changed my lifestyle and all is well. Uh, I forgot one thing? Your body can hate you in ways thought unimaginable and i started have attacks again! Pot and medical use has always been intriguing but the weed had nothing to do with the move to CO. In fact I didn't smoke much before CO because it had triggered anxiety in the past, though not quite the same responses I had felt before. Something was different about this plant despite my feelings of anxiety. Over the course of a smoking session I could get the heady feeling, panics, shakes, tingles. However, fully aware of my state. Invariably, this would subside. I would always tell my friends the come down is better than the high and the Re-high was better than the first. But wisdoms says the High is the reason you smoke so you don't feel the pain. Awe!! The dichotomy was compelling!

"Give me the Ringer"

Weed is stronger than ever and when people come to a place where they can build your brand of smoke everything changes. This is the God Plant and for me, Jesus is Cannatonic so to speak. The come down is the High. The relaxation is a prayer answered. Its like a bottle of Xanax in a bowl, but can last days. The best part is my other Issues. The pain of years of abuse in sports, alcohol, ulcers, IBS, all things linked to this disorder, melt away slowly as time passes. I have energy with this strain and hardly ever get cloudy minus the first smoke ever so often. "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7). (I just take the wisdom of the Ancients and apply them as necessary:p)

Final Thought

My personal experience leads me to speculate that years from now we will find the strains to match each person who wants/needs to use Cannabis. This a drug!, of great power, and with that, the need for great responsibility. Battles against MJ will continue, "But MJ has six rings to prove he's a winner". you'll find yours. Cheers!!

I've got Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I've tried smoking twice; a joint {MK Ultra},and a vaporizer {Headband}, but it did not seem to do anything for my IBS or even calm me down to relax my spasms. If anything it made be a tad panicky until I leveled out [My lungs are shot from years of smoking everything up until 2003]. I am looking solely to eating now and have seen that two others have had almost zero results from smoking [for gastrointestinal disorders] but good results from eating hash oil. What would you recommend as an entry level dose?

You answered the question with the question in my view. MK Ultra 19%-23% THC, CBD=Blah. Don't know Headband but you Vaporized it and I hear that is as good as wasting CDB. Want to get Blazed and not freak? try a CDB strain packet with Keef, or pre burn the CBD strain to get you in the mood for the knockout THC. I have even butchered a high with Cannatonic by smoking after. Its crazy! Like Narcan for Heroin a OD. SNAP, back to life! you know, like a Slimjim.

If your not smoking these days i'm sure you can find a good alternative. Hell, at my Despo they have Transdermal Patches with different combos of cannabinoids. I like natural personally. Nature has been at this game far longer than us. By that i Mean the Mixture of the 80+ cannabinoids known that are rarely spoken of. How nature intricately blends these together even with our efforts to extract just a few. Evolution of earth and life 4 billion years. Man's intellect, a few million years. most of which on the run from crazy animals and beating each other to death with rocks. Cheers!!!

You answered the question with the question in my view. MK Ultra 19%-23% THC, CBD=Blah. Don't know Headband but you Vaporized it and I hear that is as good as wasting CDB. Want to get Blazed and not freak? try a CDB strain packet with Keef, or pre burn the CBD strain to get you in the mood for the knockout THC. I have even butchered a high with Cannatonic by smoking after. Its crazy! Like Narcan for Heroin a OD. SNAP, back to life! you know, like a Slimjim.

If your not smoking these days i'm sure you can find a good alternative. Hell, at my Despo they have Transdermal Patches with different combos of cannabinoids. I like natural personally. Nature has been at this game far longer than us. By that i Mean the Mixture of the 80+ cannabinoids known that are rarely spoken of. How nature intricately blends these together even with our efforts to extract just a few. Evolution of earth and life 4 billion years. Man's intellect, a few million years. most of which on the run from crazy animals and beating each other to death with rocks. Cheers!!!

Update: Once my body got used to getting high again it has already gone into the "tolerant mode". 'takes some really good stuff to get me high.
What really works for me and my Irritable Bowel Syndrome is being stoned 24/7... literally!
Just got done trying some Lemo n Skunk. I really like that stuff: good taste/flavor/aftertaste, good buzz; nice and strong

Back
Top Bottom