Can't determine plant abuse/splotches

emariek

Hi all,

Just switched the lighting cycle from 24/0 to 12/12 yesterday and I noticed only one of my plants from 6 is showing light discoloration in the middle of the leaves. All the plants are the same distance from the light and I am using soil so I am not sure if it is nutrient burn or maybe over watering. I've looked at the plant abuse forum but none of them really match what this looks like. Any help with diagnoses? The picture of it is below:

Thanks!
plantsplotch.jpg

Are you growing designer genetics or bagseed?-Bagseed

Are you plants from seed or clone?-seed

How old are your plants total?-2 weeks

Are your plants in flower?-yes

How big are the plants (in height and # of nodes)?-no nodes, 4 inches

What type of medium are you using and what is its makeup?-Miracle Gro

What size planter are they in?-6 inch

Chemical or organic fertilizer? none

How frequently do you water and how much do you use?-daily til water comes out of the bottom

How frequently do you feed them and how much do you use?-none

Have you seen any bugs in your garden?-nope

What size light are you using? 2/40 watt CFL (equav. of 150-200 each)

How big is the room they are in? 2.5 square feet

Do you have ventilation?-yes

Blue tips thats really cool :bravo:

Ya got some bad M'kay going on their boi...

I shall consult the great long haired one for information & return once the great budha trance of meditation has has been resolved.

Anyway, don't go from 24/0 to 12/12. This doesn't happen in nature. If you do 24/0, gradually reduce the light to prevent stress. I would go 24/0, then 22/2 for couple days, the 20/4 for a few days, the 18/6 for a few days.....well, you get my drift. Peace!

Mmm right.

The pale green growing tip is quite normal for new shoots etc pale green/yellowing growing tip could be a sign of PH problem tho.

1. Is the blue colour to leaf tips normal for that strain... looks odd ?

2. Interveinal chlorosis is present on your older leafs ! could be a magnesium defeciency showing ?

I'm really not into 24/0 it can stunt the growth, plants need a little bit of night time period other wise your plant would be more developed than it is now given same time period of growth.

I agree with the advice not to go from 24/0 to 12/12...but i think the problem is miracle grow and watering every day.. dont water till the top of soil is dry-- young plants dont need that much water. and miracle grow sucks..just sayin :peace:

Back
Top Bottom