Can't determine plant abuse/splotches

emariek

I just switched my lighting cycle yesterday and I have noticed that one of my plants has these white splotches on it. It doesn't look like heat damage, and I have plants that are even closer to the light than this one. Maybe over watering? I am also using soil so I do not see how it could be nutrient burn. All of the other ones are fine except this. Can anyone diagnose?

Thanks,
plantsplotch.jpg

Specs:

Mountain Berry strain
supposedly sativa, but looks indica
6 plants, 2 not yet transplanted
In Vegetative for 2 weeks, started Flowering yesterday 12/12 light cylce
Indoor
Soil, Miracle Gro Potting Mix in 6" pots
2 CFL lights at 40 watts (equivalent to 150-200W each)
Air circulation about 12 hrs/day
Temperature of Cabinet 75-80 degrees
RH of cabinet unknown
No pests that are known
Hand watering daily with facet water left over night to de-chlorinate
No fertilizers being used
Square Footage of cabinet is 2.5

Try more like sister, but thanks for your input. I tested the pH and everything seems to be fine. I think I am over watering since I've read that they like to dry out in the soil a little bit before they are watered again and Ive been keeping it constantly moist. So far they have still been wet and I haven't watered them, and the spots arent getting any worse so I will see what's up when I water them again.

I would suggest you get a ph & ppm meter and find out what the day old tab water reads. I try to be in the 6.2 ph during veg and 5.8 during flower. that is watering days without nutrients or after nutrients are added I ph up to my target.....the MG soil has nutrients so after you run water thru catch the run off and take a ph reading of the used water. I used MG on my first grow (I switched to bcuzz coco) and would normally get a 5.9-6-1 reading on my run off during flowing.

Also I have learned I always over react the second our lovely ladies show any signs of growing UGLY...Keep a close eye and get a plan in case it progresses. I am curious what the next 2-3 days bring. Good luck.

Over watering cause droopy plants just like underwatering those spots are some kind of defiencey or lockout due to ph or something else

Try more like sister, but thanks for your input. I tested the pH and everything seems to be fine. I think I am over watering since I've read that they like to dry out in the soil a little bit before they are watered again and Ive been keeping it constantly moist. So far they have still been wet and I haven't watered them, and the spots arent getting any worse so I will see what's up when I water them again.

I missed this post as I was typing..You are watering to much..the soil should get dry, dry on top and dry in the middle and slightly moist at the very bottom. Try to remember what you containers weight was prior to watering...I have 5 mother plants and after 30 days you learn to water by feeling the weight of the pot..at least in a smaller container like I use. It might be a different story if was 5 gal bucket. At first i went till I first noticed the fan leaves to start and droop. but after 5 or six waters I could see/feel the weight prior to them getting too dry..Some say waiting till they droop causes unnecessary stress and increase "Hermy Time"

I missed this post as I was typing..You are watering to much..the soil should get dry, dry on top and dry in the middle and slightly moist at the very bottom. Try to remember what you containers weight was prior to watering...I have 5 mother plants and after 30 days you learn to water by feeling the weight of the pot..at least in a smaller container like I use. It might be a different story if was 5 gal bucket. At first i went till I first noticed the fan leaves to start and droop. but after 5 or six waters I could see/feel the weight prior to them getting too dry..Some say waiting till they droop causes unnecessary stress and increase "Hermy Time"

never heard of that...i would imagine it wouldn't really effect them that much to hermy unless its like a swamp 24/7 considering in nature they have droughts and too much rain and its never caused any of mine to hermy

never heard of that...i would imagine it wouldn't really effect them that much to hermy unless its like a swamp 24/7 considering in nature they have droughts and too much rain and its never caused any of mine to hermy
It is what I read....that letting them droop every time to determine they need water can cause stress from not watering...

its just the plant have 4 butes all same grub 1 got those spots itll be fine only happens on one of my strains
use air pots little more spendy worth every penny[dry out even]

Back
Top Bottom