cant flush my plants HELP!

number1

God im stupid......
This is my problem.....
My plants are 42 days into flower but ive just realised my pots dont have any drain holes on the bottom (embarresed big time). what can i do to flush them....im thinkin of drillin holes in the bottom but then i could cut the rutes and i dont want to put them into new pots coz of shock..... Any ideas

Re: cant flush my plants HELP!!!!!

It's ok... You don't have much of a choice here, but I would move them into another pot the same size with drainage holes. If you do it gently and quickly, you shouldn't have any problems. Get someone to help you if you can. I would just make sure the soil is damp so that it stays all together when it comes out of the pot. If you decide to do neither, just water with plain water for the remaining time. ;-)

Re: cant flush my plants HELP!!!!!

Don;t need to drive the drill all the way in.... be carefull and just get through the pot. What kind of container are they in?

the pots are clay n all different sizes lol. but im gonna drill them on sunday n ill let you know how it goes. still cant believe i done it pmsl. cheres headmed n SS

get a masonary/tile bit. puty a large piece of tape where you want to drill. and go slow... (setting one on most drills) let the tool do the work... you don;t need to apply much pressure...

just in case you wanted tips

I'm still tryna figure out how you went through veg w/out realizing the mistake.
No stunted growth, signs of root rot, gnats, ne problems as a result? n e pics of the plants?

Wait , wait, I think I figured it out. You were high when you planted them right? Just teasing. Keep us posted on how it goes.

God im stupid......
This is my problem.....
My plants are 42 days into flower but ive just realised my pots dont have any drain holes on the bottom (embarresed big time). what can i do to flush them....im thinkin of drillin holes in the bottom but then i could cut the rutes and i dont want to put them into new pots coz of shock..... Any ideas

I have found the best way to flush your plant is hydrogen peroxide. 1/2 tsp per gallon and water it with that and its flushed. plus hydrogen peroxide is very good for plants gives lots of oxygen

I have found the best way to flush your plant is hydrogen peroxide. 1/2 tsp per gallon and water it with that and its flushed. plus hydrogen peroxide is very good for plants gives lots of oxygen
Ok..I can't let this go because it's not 100% correct. Adding peroxide is not a flush of any kind and can be as harmful as it is helpful. Peroxide will sterilize the soil by killing all live organisms in it. Including the good ones that help the plant convert nutrients into food. Yes it gives the root zone a boost of o2 but that's the only time it should be used IMO. As a booster for when the plant is showing problems. Not as a regular additive. not for soil grows anyway.
The only way to truly flush is to either drill holes or transplant into containers already drilled. Another possible option (note the word possible) is to carefully over fill the container with fresh water so that you float the root ball. Probably be messy but might work. i myself would drill a few holes. It should be fairly easy.

Back
Top Bottom