Can't get cabin temp down... move to plan B?

TinyDancer

So after finishing my box and running tests on it for temp i can't seem to keep it below the 90's. My high is around 95 i believe with 16% humidity (AZ). This is how I have my box set up, it's 4' high, 3' wide, and 2' deep. I have 2 exhaust fans each putting out 134cfm. For intake i have a hole on the bottom side. Inside I have a 400w light with a humidifier and fan. It's been pretty hot lately and my room gets to about 85 during the day. Any suggestions on how to drop the heat? If I can't get it down to a reasonable temp, plan B is to just put the plants outside until it cools down a little. Any input appreciated!

whats the temp at the intake when cab is above 95?

for AZ temps and RH that low, id probably be trying to condition the whole room the cab is in.

id also be leaning towards a swamp cooler, as it will lower temps some and add moisture at the same time, while an AC unit will dry the air.

many years back i built a cab to grow in dry tahoe summers. it had a lower section that held a pan of water with a tshirt hung in it so it dipped into the water. the intake fan blew air across the shirt before entering the grow chamber. cool and moist. that was only a 250 watter tho-

unfortunatly i don't have a/c in my house... and as for a swamp cooler it doesn't really fit the budget right now... i live in northern AZ so i know it will be cooling down soon, it shouldn't hurt the plants to start them outside and then move them back to the box when temps are, right? I'm going to try a few more things today, what about a computer fan by the intake whole? and then i guess i can throw some frozen water bottles in there and see how it turns out.

You live in AZ with out AC? Yikes!

the amount you can lower the temps inside still depends on how hot the air coming in is.

also is intake slightly larger than exhaust?

does house have a crawl space that you can pull cooler air from?

lol yea, it's 7000ft elevation though, so it's nothing like phoenix whatsoever! either way it's still warm which is odd, cause usually by now temps are pretty nice.i have a crawl space in my closet, maybe i could get some ducting and vent the exhaust to this? that way i'm sucking in air from my room, and the hot air is being pushed into the attic? unfortunatly i got over-zealous and started germinating before i found out about the temps, rookie mistake! good news though, so far 2 seeds of 3 have cracked and it's been less than 2 days!

Back
Top Bottom