Cant get rid of hay smell

erockhardass

I have been hang drying for about 6 days now at 70 degrees with 40% humidity. The small leaves have all become crispy and curled, so I cut trimmed them up and put them into jars. They smelled like hay when I pulled them down to trim them, but will this smell go away? Why do they smell like hay so much?

yes they need to cure.. that should go away, wait a week

have you read all the threads on curing properly?

Yes of course, leave in jars in dark for 12 hours, then take out for an hour, then repeat as necessary....am i missing anything?

Quick cure crash course for small crop. After you manicure your harvest trim it in to lengths short enough to fit in jars removing as much bare stem as possible. Place colas into mason jars, seal, place in dark, cool, place. Open jars for 5-10 mins 3-4 time a day over next 2 weeks. After u finish doing this, store in dark place in airtight container until ready to use. Any other questions try referring to older threads. As far as the smell goes, well ......... it just might be shwag. When you trim a strain know for a specific aroma it REALLY comes out when you trim. You know what strain it is? Keep pressing. U learn more as you go on. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom