Captain Howdy's LED, Soil, Gelato & Bagseed 2019-2020

Yes the Mars will be much better. If you buy from Amazon be sure to consider Amazon Warehouse deals; you can save serious money on returns that were never even used for a grow.
Vegging is what I'm using my Viparspectras for in a separate tent. They work great for that. So that is where I'd put your Blurple like I'm doing with mine.
If you are going to do a 6 plant grow you are going to need at a minimum 4 of the TS's btw. They are similar to the QB's I use and I'm running 2 of them in a 4x2 and I grow 2 plants (SCOG) in that. I can get 3 in there without the SCOG but they have to be lollypopped because of being packed in too tight.
Of course, flipping immediately prior to any size growth you can grow lots of plants in little pots akin to SOG if you can't afford 4 lights.

4 ts 1000s!? Lol those won't even fit in my cabinet. So one ts2000 won't cut it to flower these?

4 ts 1000s!? Lol those won't even fit in my cabinet. So one ts2000 won't cut it to flower these?
One will do it if you flip quickly. You can't grow 6 full size plants with one light. Mars claims you can use one TS2000 for 3x3 area to bloom in. That is 9 square feet. I can grow 2 plants in 6 square feet (2x4) comfortably.
You can grow 6 plants with one light; you just have to flip before they get too big and just grow the main cola to save space.
Look into SOG grows where they use a bunch of clones. They'll just grow them into single colas to save space.
sog.jpg

I'd use bigger pots but as you can see it can be done; heck you could do it with everything you have not just 6. :lot-o-toke:

Sup 420 fam!?

Thanks for your input @Elvin

My space is 4x3... These non feminized seeds are killing me... I still haven't bought a light. It seems mars is running some sick deals starting Friday, I may wait for that.

As those of you who are following know, I have about ten plants 5 weeks or so into veg. I am still not seeing preflowers :/

To throw a wrench into things I have acquired three strains from a friend and will be picking up 6 clones on Monday.

(I AM SUPER EXCITED TO TELL YOU ABOUT THESE NEW STRAINS SO STAY TUNED! )

With that being said; I have come to the realization that I'm going to need a second cabinet and am working on that now and should have a reasonable veg/clone area set up over the weekend.

So here's the question for the fam.. Let's assume I purchase and recieve the ts2000 in the next week or two and plan for a second ts2000 within a month or so for flowering..

Should I

A) Cut and label clones to go into my new box with the new clones under my current amazon blurple light and flip everything that's in there as is in thier 1 gallon pots in hopes to at least know what I am dealing with as far as quality and sex goes. Keep a close eye for sex and keep the clones of what I want and chuck the males or phenos i have no interest in keeping.

OR

B) Wait for pre-flowers, chuck the males, cut clones and then repot the 6 chosen ladies into the 5 gallon smart pots as originally planned for the big finish.

Thanks for any input

Stay high my friends!

-The Captain

just want to know if this grow light is fine for cannabis. on a budget so just want to know if it can do the job, THX in advance!!!
No, get a cheap Mars, they are a sponsor and their cheapest light is much better than that no-name Blurple.

just want to know if this grow light is fine for cannabis. on a budget so just want to know if it can do the job, THX in advance!!!

So just so I inderstand you vote option A) flip em all and take out the males and then select my clones based on results of their mother?
Yes, I'd flip them today. The sooner they get some buds on them, the sooner you can decide which ones to keep. It is said you can cut clones up to 2 weeks before chop, but you should be able to determine which ones are keepers (to clone) much sooner than that.

I was going to clone them all and just carefully label the mothers and their clones. I HAVE heard of taking cuttings after flipping the light schedule but is there any harm/risk/negatives in doing that?
not to the mother really... but the cuttings have to convert from bloom back to veg as they are trying to throw out roots... it adds some more time to the process and more of a chance of failure.

not to the mother really... but the cuttings have to convert from bloom back to veg as they are trying to throw out roots... it adds some more time to the process and more of a chance of failure.
What do you think I should do here Emilya? Cut from all of them and flower them all? Or wait and watch, select six ladies and re-pot for the 5 gallon finish?

Hey 420 family!

So a few updates today...

Last night I fed the plants for the first time. I am using General Hydroponics' Nova line. They got a seedling dose (2.5ML/Gallon) and this morning seem to be doing great.
20191126_102611.jpg

I took cuttings as well today...

I put a dab of acrylic paint on each pot's handle and made color coded sections in my homemade clone dome to keep track of what is what.

I'm not going to go into a ton of detail on my cloning process as there are already many fantastic guides on 420 here to help anyone new to the process.

I took out one plant at a time, marked the handle with paint and then I took two low branches. They go into water then into cloning gel and then into cloning powder and finally into pre soaked jiffy pucks. I trim all of the leaves tips off. I then place the clone into its colour coded spot in the clone dome and repeat.
20191126_160049.jpg

Once I had two clones from each of my ten plants in my dome I misted them and closed it up.
20191126_155959.jpg

They'll stay in the dome for a week or so being misted twice a day. Then after about a week (with some venting in the later three days or so) I'll pop the dome off and watch for wilting. If anything wilts the dome goes back on until they stand on their own.

I'll keep you posted on their progress throughout the next week or so.

Stay high my friends,
-The Captain

Hey 420 fam!

I'll be posting a lot less here as it seems nobody reads this anyway lol. I can't seem to get much help sexing my plants. I've posted a few questions here and on other threads that get little or no replies. Seems we have a lot less good help than we used to. So I'm going to focus my attention on helping out new growers and do less journal entries.

The clones all rooted and are doing well. My 100 percent streak continues!
20191204_121945.jpg

Tents are full and i am hoping to have prominent preflowers in the next few days and hopefully get rid of a few males for the space.

Stay high my friends
-The Captain

Hey 420 fam!

I'll be posting a lot less here as it seems nobody reads this anyway lol. I can't seem to get much help sexing my plants. I've posted a few questions here and on other threads that get little or no replies. Seems we have a lot less good help than we used to. So I'm going to focus my attention on helping out new growers and do less journal entries.

The clones all rooted and are doing well. My 100 percent streak continues!
20191204_121945.jpg

Tents are full and i am hoping to have prominent preflowers in the next few days and hopefully get rid of a few males for the space.

Stay high my friends
-The Captain
Sorry you are not getting much response, but it is too early to determine sex, and I guess no one wants to stick their necks out making a guess. Just be patient and wait for it, because until you are familiar with a particular strain and how it grows, it is nothing more than guesswork at this early point to try to determine if that is a preflower up on a stalk or a calyx.

Sorry you are not getting much response, but it is too early to determine sex, and I guess no one wants to stick their necks out making a guess. Just be patient and wait for it, because until you are familiar with a particular strain and how it grows, it is nothing more than guesswork at this early point to try to determine if that is a preflower up on a stalk or a calyx.
Yeah that makes sense I suppose. I've never really had to sex plants before and have never had a Male in my garden so was hoping maybe someone would take a shot at it.

This is that same preflower today. Its male I just wanted some confirmation before I junk him...
20191204_132820.jpg

Thanks for stopping by Emilya! Much love girl!

-The Captain

Back
Top Bottom