Carbon filter size? Inside vs Outside?

Ripples

I have a 4x4x7 that has a 4" Can-fan/filter that has worked fine until the late stages of flower! I have 9 very ripe flowering (Chronic) plants nearly ready for harvest! The smell is OVERPOWERING! Is Chronic that strong with the smell or is 4" just too small? Thinking of going to 8" with much bigger filter? Is it better to put the filter inside sucking through the filter or can I put it outside the tent and blow out through filter? Worried about fitting inside! Does it really matter? Any recommendations on inline fans and filter?
0032092.JPG

Re: Carbon filter size?... Inside vs Outside?

can I put it outside the tent and blow out through filter? [/img]

Yes, as far as I know this works as well. Someone else can chime in if I am mistaken.

How many CFM's is that fan? If you aren't clearing ALL the air out of the tent 2-3 times every minute, then you will have smell problems. 4" is pretty small. The highest rated 4" fan I've seen is 240 CFM. You room is 112 sq/ft so multiply that by 3 and essentially you want a fan that is at least 336 CFM.

I believe it is only 156 cfm. Still learning! The fan definitely is not enough. A vortex s-line ultra quiet fan 8" is what I am looking at? 728 cfm... Is a 8x24 filter (recommended) enough filter? The smell is unbelievable. The strain is Chronic and has much more odor than I ever expected. This (smell) will multiply when I harvest this week?

Possibly switching from 1 1000w to 2 600w for a more even light distribution. That make any sense? You have been a big help with this grow UltraDan, more than you know! Wish I could return the favor. Any suggestions are welcomed!
0041963.JPG

That's a beautiful forest you have there brother!! I like the idea of 2 600W! It will give you a much nicer footprint.

Yeah, 156 CFM is not nearly enough. That 8" is gonna be great, maybe a bit of overkill, but that never hurts anything. Make sure if you go with that fan you also get a fan speed controller. Running it wide open might create too much negative pressure in your tent. The speed controller will allow you to turn it down to 75 and 50%.

Can't wait for your harvest my friend! It is going to be bountiful!! Glad I could help a bit.

Back
Top Bottom