CBP: Man Tried to Smuggle Pot into Mexico

Weedpipe

420 Member
A 22-year-old Arizona man is behind bars in the Rio Grande Valley after he allegedly tried to smuggle more than 52 pounds of marijuana into Mexico.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers arrested James Edward Williams on Sunday.

The Springdale, Arizona man drove up to the Veterans International Bridge in Brownsville in a white Ford Taurus.

Custom officers performing a random, outbound inspection of his car allegedly found five bundles with more than 52 pounds of marijuana worth $52,000 in the trunk of his car.

Investigators told Action 4 News that they believe Williams was trying to drive the marijuana into Mexico.

Williams remains in custody at the Cameron County Jail where he is being held under state possession of marijuana charges.

CBP's Brownsville Port of Entry Director Michael Freeman said cases like theseare not common but do happen from time to time.

"Although southbound seizures of marijuana are not a frequent occurrence, Brownsville CBP officers and Border Patrol agents stopped this load of marijuana from being exported into Mexico," Freeman said in a written statement. "Another good example of the great work being done at the border by CBP."

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Valley Central.com
Contact: VALLEYCENTRAL.COM - Rio Grande Valley - News, Weather, Sports, Entertainement - Powered by KGBT 4
Copyright:KGBT TELEVISION
Website:CBP: Man tried to smuggle pot into Mexico : News : KGBT 4

When questioned about why he would try to smuggle Marijuana into Mexico Mr. Williams responded "I'm so tired of buying bricks of this Mexican only to find half of it is nothing but seeds and stems. I was going to attempt to get a refund".

An un-named spokesperson for American Cannabis Growers responded "Buy American".

disclaimer: parts of this post may not be entirely true :cool:

Nah, they don't call him Wrong Way Williams for nothing.

Funny, I have lots of fond memories of half s&s/half bud bags. Panama Red, Acapulco and Columbian Gold, Oaxacan, that's how top shelf stuff came back in the '70s. Yes, I have wondered from time to time just how good that stuff would have been had it been handled with care.

Back
Top Bottom