CFL grow now flowering want some help!

ok well whats done is done my older female has been trimed for most of her life so shes stayin trimed and for the new one i have now i will keep the big leafs on it i wont trim and we will see what happens i will compair the growth and see what i get
that way i have grown one trimed and one not trimed
but any ways my girl is gettin fruity smelling her sent is strong for a little one
she is like 7 weeks into flower
will the white hairs orange out before i cut them off or after?
i dont want to crop to soon or to late
anything helps :thanks:

an tucking the leafs or moving them is just stupid that would be like trying to tame a octopuse
but i wont trim this new one like i said thanks for you impute

Yea Lil Neutrino I was talking about in late flower, so its cool you puttin me on blast like that ha. But Ill upload some pics of my girls and show you that they are not hurting one bit without the major fan leaves. You misunderstood where I was coming from.

But anyways, smokinthe719, the white hairs will start turning an amber color or orange color when the bud is matured and ready for harvest. The trics will also go from a clear to a cloudy color. I always wait till the trics are 50/50, 50% clear/50% cloudy. I dont go by the color of the hairs all that much. And I'm with you on the subject of tucking fan leaves. In my honest opinion they rob the nugget of nutes/light. But I guess it all depends on the grower, everyone has there own way that they like to grow and thats that. If you dont trim or pluck the leaves off the new plant you will see a difference in the size of the nug from the trimmed plant and the non-trimmed plant. Trimmed plant being bigger.

Yea Lil Neutrino I was talking about in late flower, so its cool you puttin me on blast like that ha. But Ill upload some pics of my girls and show you that they are not hurting one bit without the major fan leaves. You misunderstood where I was coming from.

Consider it educational material for those who may read this later who don't know any better :)

I don't think I've seen side-by-side pics of clones grown in identical conditions where one was heavily trimmed during flowering and not the other. Would be nice though...then again I haven't really dug a whole lot on it either.

an tucking the leafs or moving them is just stupid that would be like trying to tame a octopuse
but i wont trim this new one like i said thanks for you impute

Do you speak from experience (taming an octopus :D)? I don't see where it would be that big of a deal unless you have a bunch of plants...it would take some extra work (something potheads are stereotypically afraid of) but you would stress the plant a lot less AND get to keep all those energy producing fan leaves.

Hey I totally agree with you there Lil Neutrino, thats exactly what this site is for, to expand the mind with the knowledge of growers from around the world. I'll go take some fresh pics and show you. A thing I have with tucking the fan leaves, you tuck them outta the way so therefore they are not getting the light to be the big power generators. But just an observation. If that method works for you, then keep using it. Thats just it, you come across so many different growers on this site thateveryone is set in there own ways. But I have some new babies germing right now and I will do the side-by-side experiment with the plucking one and tucking one and start a journal on it.

Smokinthe719 Cant wait to see some new pics of the girls!!! Hows everything going with the new seedling?

Ok so I just got done feeding and takin a few pics. I'ma steal your thread again, Smokinthe719, if you dont mind. Like I said earlier I leave the top 3-4 sets of water/fan leaves the rest I pluck off. And these girls seem to love it.

Plant #1 top cola
rsz_mj_040.jpg

Plant #1 side
rsz_mj_046.jpg

Plant #2 top cola
rsz_mj_031.jpg

Plant #2 side
rsz_mj_030.jpg

I'm not trying to argue with Lil Neutrino, because I really dont know if trimming the fan/water leaves off has a positive or negative effect on the bud growth. All I'm saying is that I have done it many times and seems to work great for me with minimal to no stress. I also did see a faster growth of the bud from the nodes that I plucked the leaves from and the nodes that I didnt pluck. Hope this helps...

yeah i am waiting till i get a new camera but other than that my shit is doing great
the seedling is bigger than the one that is flowering and is it now with the older female now
so i just hope its a girl to or i will just have to keep an eye so some weird pollenation doesnt go on
i will post pictures as soon as i can

ok i took pics with my phone couldnt wiat any longer
heres the ladie
P092009155548.jpg

P092009155436.jpg

P092009155504.jpg

heres the new one male or female i dont know

P092009155516.jpg

i know that these pics arent great but
my female the white hairs are turning slowly from white to orange
1 or 2 weeks left to flower then i cut the buds to dry
the other plant is 1 week into flower
anything helps thanks:thanks::ganjamon::rollit::bong:

Lookin good bro, yea i just took some pics today as well, mine are almost ready for harvest. Im gonna let one go for another month. That little one is hella nice looking, bigger than the one that has been flowering for almost 2 months ha. Glad to see they are doing great. The ladie is looking like a nice cone. Let me know how much you get from her dried. And also how she smokes of course lol. Lookin good though man. When your ladie gets done next week, are you gonna incorporate her lights to the new one?

yes i am going to put the lights on the other one i think that the little one is bigger the the older ladie because i did 24 hour light with it i grow fast as hell it only veged for 2 weeks
lol
my ladie in flower smells really danky sour smell smells like a back of sour patch kids lol but way more sour i smell it and i can almost taste its sournes lol
im so happy hoping for 1/4 or 1/2 and ounce but i gues thats aiming kinda high
well let me see your girls when you can
i dont have ethernet at home so it takes me a while to get on but ill be back soon :roorrip::bong:

Ok you twisted my arm hahaha, heres a few pics of em.
Plant # 2 top cola
rsz_mj_091.jpg

Side view
rsz_mj_094.jpg

Plant #1 top cola
rsz_mj_104.jpg

Side view
rsz_mj_108.jpg

That last pic I tried to get as close as I could to show you the trics. My camera blows nuts, but gets the job done I guess ha. But plant #1 I think I'll cut down the same time you do, and then plant #2 I"ll let go for 30 more days. See how big I can get the nugs. But I'm pretty happy with these considering they were grown with CFL's. I just harvested one plant 2 weeks ago and got a little over a quarter dry. I'm thinking about trying the hydro setup I have again....They died on me last time lol. But Let me know what she yields for ya and how she smokes. I'll do the same. Peace brother.

ok so i cut my female 6 days ago
i got 12.7 grams dry
it puts my dick in the dirt i tell you boy this shit is awesome
i take 2 hits and im blown best i have ever smoked
im impressed with the out come of my first grow it is so pottant and sticky as fuck
my other plant was a male so cut cut i am starting a new seed today ill see have that goes and start a new thead thanks for all the support

Nice buds guys! Looks like this should be a journal LOL. I to trim the top fan leaves of my plants. It just shades any lighting to the bottom buds which need more light since the PAR dies down the further down you get.

yeah my buds are so great do to cutting the fan leafs its crazy best shit i've ever smoked

Back
Top Bottom