CFL to LED transition?

Thunderbrain

Hi all, I did a search for this, but didn't come up with anything, so I thought it would be better to just ask...

I have some plants vegging 18/6 under 6500k cfl's, and I just bought a couple of Mars Hydro 600's for flowering (I was using fluorescent shop lights). They're in 1-gal pots and I'm about to move them to 5-gals. After I transplant them to the bigger pots. I thought I'd veg them for a week or so under the LED's so to get them used to the higher light output before I do the switch to 12/12.

Does this sound about right, or would it be better to keep vegging under CFL and switch to LED when I do the 12/12? They'll also be going from a warm room to a cooler basement, but I don't think that should be an issue.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to ease the transition?

Also, do the 2 600's sound right for 4 5-gal pots or do you think I can squeeze a few more pots in there? Space isn't an issue, I'm growing in my basement and don't use a tent, but it's the light output on the edges I'm thinking about.

I've been growing for a long time, but not the right way, and I think it's about time I started. :laughtwo:

That's a good move and yes you should not change lights and drop to 12/12 at the same time. For a first week try keeping led light quite high as intensity is much much bigger than CFL's.

I ended up making cardboard "tent" to contain and maximize light, you should probably too if many plant's are grown at the same time.

I veg under cfls - an 8 bulb t5ho setup - and bloom with LED.

No problems, ever. And i don't do anything special. From one room thats 18/6 to another that's 12/12.

No big deal, you're all set :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom