Transitioning from Veg to Bloom

PagodaVapors

Im just wondering what are some techniques you guys use when transitioning from veg to bloom. When do you stop giving veg nutes and start feeding them bloom nutes? Have you tried more ways than one ? ive been sticking with the basic so far with switching the nutes when switching the light cycle. But this time around im thinking about feeding them a bloom solution 7-10 days before i switch the lights. Ive read people doing this, ive also read people feeding them veg nutes up to day 21 after the switch, Which im going to try on one of my next clones and see the difference. but yeah man if you guys can comment with some of your proven techniques and what works best for you id appreciate it!

And please , please do not comment if you have no experience in what is being asked.

Ive always waited until after the stretch stops to switch to full bloom nutes. The reasoning is that they are still growing pretty aggressively at this point so veg nutes seemed more fitting. I do add Bud Ignitor from AN when i flip my lights since its supposed to activate more bud sites. It has seemed to help but I'm unsure if i will buy more. Ive used it on all but my first grow and i had little to no idea what was going on then. Maybe ill do another grow without it to see.
Thats just the way ive always done it. Some folks may disagree.

Ive always waited until after the stretch stops to switch to full bloom nutes. The reasoning is that they are still growing pretty aggressively at this point so veg nutes seemed more fitting. I do add Bud Ignitor from AN when i flip my lights since its supposed to activate more bud sites. It has seemed to help but I'm unsure if i will buy more. Ive used it on all but my first grow and i had little to no idea what was going on then. Maybe ill do another grow without it to see.
Thats just the way ive always done it. Some folks may disagree.

Hey man yeah no doubt. Thanks for sharing your experience ! Much appreciated

completely agree with lazarus13, the stretch phase will need lots of nitrogen. I keep my veg nutes going until I start to see resin production in the newest flower growth.

Some folks may disagree.

I wouldn't say I disagree with what you said.

I believe there is plenty of nitrogen in the "bloom" nutes and lots of ways to add more if needed.

That doesn't really have much to do however with what can be achieved by doing some other things.

There are some things that are totally unnecessary (like sexing quickly) that do not really matter that can be messed with at that time.

There are things that can be done to enhance or stunt the stretch...up to you...There are multiple ways to take advantage of stretch, especially indoors.

I tend to be a bit itchy on seed runs and overdo it and use a few methods to get bloom started right away to sex them which include a fertilizer transition period ahead of the light change. Again totally unnecessary...But I never let the plant suffer and not get enough nitrogen. I may add extras to do something but I don't deprive along the way.

I have not heard of any other reason really...just related to stretch and trying to bloom faster. Neither of which really matter.

:Namaste:

Ive done early bloom, veg nutes into flower and lots other things.

In my opinion the best results come if you switch to bloom nutes on the day you flip to flower. Theres no need to flush before switching nutes.. theres enough nitrogen in bloom nutes to help the growth spurt in first few weeks of flower.

If you switch to bloom nutes a couple weeks in to flower it feels like the plants are always playing catch up.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I don't think it really matters which way ya go about the transition between veg / flower & nutrients used, i've played around with it...

Still grows weed what ever way ya choose.

How ever for some reason i seem to develop P - phosphorus def with in the first few weeks of flowering to some degree most of the time & to ward this minor problem off i generally back it up with a P/K boost at half rate strength from 3rd week on wards.

I just think a stand alone bloom nutrient doe's not have enough P/K in to support MJ flowering when over the years P def is rather common in early flowering & perhaps followed by K def with stand alone bloom nutrients from my own growing experience to what i've seen on the forums over the years.

Back
Top Bottom