Chachacats's Deep Cheese & Pineapple Chunk Mars2 400 Organic Canna Soil Grow

Foto

Gday Folks :)

It's been a long time between tokes and growing any fine plants. About 10 years since my last grow and several years since my last toke :)

My last setup was 600 watt cool tube MH/HPS and regular Nirvana AK48 in homemade bubblers.
I loved it. I seeded some plants took some clones and had a few harvests and then got busted before I could grow any sweet cindy 99 (which it would seem you can longer get!!) and all my seeds were taken from a very nice phenotype of AK48 . I did some community service and gave up smoking and growing for many years.

I have missed growing and smoking and it has finally come time for me to get started again.

I love growing in bubblers and cloning in bubblers so much more than flood and drains (done that too) but I wanted to do something simple and organic :)

So I got some strains that didn't arrive the first time but they got resent to a friend in another state and they arrived and she sent em up to me :)

I ordered some Pineapple Chunk and Super Lemon Haze and got some freebies which included a Deep Cheese or two and a White Widow which are all feminized and some other regular seeds.

You have either heard of these strains or can look em up yourselves, or maybe I can edit later to include the descriptions?

I sowed a PC and SLH and Deep Cheese three weeks ago into jiffy pots.

The DC popped in 48 hours and the SLH (runt) a few days later. The PC never sprouted so I put another in paper towel and within 48 hours I was planting it in with the rest in 1/2 litre pots of canna terra pro.

I have a tent which is 1m x 1m x 2m with a 150mm inline extract fan ducted out with a passive intake ducted in and I need to get a fan speed controller soon.. Also have a 10inch clip fan blowing over the seedlings making em strong. Will Get a carbon can when I switch to 12/12 from 18/6.

The Biobizz line of nutrients decided upon me so I have Bio-Grow, Bio-Bloom and Top-Max.

I had read that LED lights seem to suck our plants dry of calcium and magnesium? and whilst skeptical of this I went and ordered some GH calimagic but have since realized that it is mineral based and not organic so I won't be using that if needed and might instead get some Alg·A·Mic if it's ever needed.

So for the last few weeks I have been watering with tap water here and there. I don't know the PH but the last few days I noticed that the roots were at the bottom of the pots on the PK and DC so I potted them up to 8 liters and gave them a quarter strength feed of bio-grow which is about .5ml a liter. As for the Super Lemon Haze!! She just got tap water...grr.

Temps are between 18-25 and humidity 40-70 but I'm not too worried at this stage. Our weather is messing about and will stabilize before these get flowered which won't be until they get boxed up for a day whilst a house inspection goes on in about 6 weeks time ;)

Pineapple Chunk 12 days from seed and just re-potted with first 1/4 strength feed

2015-1.jpg

Deep Cheese 26 days from seed and just re-potted with first 1/4 strength feed

2015-2.jpg

2015-4.jpg

Super Lemon Haze 26 days from seed and not a care given....

2015-3.jpg

That will do for now so.

:green_heart:

re: Chachacats's Deep Cheese & Pineapple Chunk Mars2 400 Organic Canna Soil Grow

I will probably take photos once or twice a week.

Crazy that I posted mine at 11:11 as the number one is the one that always shows itself to me.

Untitled-240.jpg

Hello everyone :)

Another week has gone by so I figured I would post some new photos.

I fed my girls with half strength biobizz or full strength biobizz which from their feed schedule depends on their soil.

I'm using canna terra pro though and I can't find out much about the mix at all.

I like it though. I watered with some biobizz last week and again this week. No other water in between.

Temps have been nasty and out of character this week which has also affected humidity.

Minimums have been 16c and 30% and maximums have been 23c and 60%

I though growth had stopped and cold burn was showing but looking at the photos growth has been okay.

There does seem to be a few discolorations though that I am not so sure what to make of.

I got a fan speed controller for the inline fan but the fans from the light are now more noisy so that was a bit of a waste of money.

Pineapple Chunk at 19 days from seed

2015-6.jpg

Deep Cheese at 33 days from seed

2015-7.jpg

That's the reflection of the LED light on the leaves making them look strange.

2015-9.jpg

Super lemon haze at 33 days from seed.... meh

2015-8.jpg

I think the leaves are like this from cold temps and low humidity and not a deficiency.
What do you people think? (hope that doesn't come across rude) It would be nice for some other opinions?

2015-11.jpg

The seeds have cracked shells and gone straight into the canna terra pro and I haven't checked ph of water or the peat because my understanding is that I shouldn't have to worry about ph using organic ferts and the peat mix But the the peat mix might be high in nitrogen? I dunno. It all looked good until the temps went a bit funny but they should be good by the end of next week if it's temperature related.

I have a Thai basil in there as well that I started from seed in a jiffy pot and it is hardly growing at all which bothers me which makes me wonder about temps. I had air conditioning for my last grows and am thinking about about getting a portable unit as I can't fit a window unit. I just didn't want to spend too much money but maybe that's just the necessity of my climate :(

Maybe it's better to use fluorescent lights for the vegetative stage as the node spacing here is pretty small.

They will stay 18/6 for another 4 weeks unless they get too big which I doubt.

Hello there lovely people :)

Here is a photo from a week ago and probably later on I will take some current photos and give the girls a feed.

I fed the week before last and noticed a little tip burn so just gave tap water since.

So far I haven't seen any real problems. I would much rather have the room my tent is in fitted with air conditioning but needed to keep this simple and low key.

The Super Lemon Haze finally started to grow.

The oscillating fan in the corner is too strong on it's lowest setting and umm I still haven't bothered with ph as everything is fine enough despite the cold.

I really think it's best to have a tent in a room with the climate controlled by ac for that room however I can't do that.

Left corner is Pineapple Chunk.
Right corner is Deep Cheese.
Front is Super Lemon Haze.

DSC076524.jpg

DSC076302.jpg

Hey brother looking forward to following this thread. Would like to start some pineapple chunk soon. Welcome back too the grow scene and good luck

Hi there BelaucGC.

I should be able to put these girls into flower next week.
Umm, I had a bit of heat stress which was my fault for stopping the oscillation of the fan.

Will start to flower them in another 7 days.

Don't know what the ph is and haven't fed them much but that deep cheese does stink.

The Deep Cheese must be all indica and the Pineapple chunk is mostly indica but that super lemon haze is mostly sativa. I haven't grown mostly indica plants before so I am keen to see how they develop flowers.

Oh yeah, they are not taller than 12"

DSC078442.jpg

DSC078472.jpg

DSC078462.jpg

DSC078454.jpg

DSC078442.jpg

DSC07846-Edit.jpg

All good here....

I don't know.

Had the house inspection so I packed down the tent and boxed up the plants.

Set up the tent again...

The plants stunk so I put in a carbon filter.

They spent over 48 hours in the dark and now they are on 12/12.

I have mixed up a biobizz flower mix but they have heaps of water in the pots so no point in feeding yet.

It's so nice the way that super lemon haze came good. I would clone it but spring is on it's way and unless I get ac that is it.

Now I have to worry about heat and humidity for ten weeks.

I guess they have been in flower for 3 days. All about 50 cm or less.

Hoping they reach a meter.

The Pineapple Chunks might be the most needy of attention.

I dunno. Hardly feed them, don't know what the ph is but they seem to be good :)

Super Lemon Haze

2015-12.jpg

Deep Cheese.

This plant really smells off.

DSC079132.jpg

Pineapple Chunk.

Needs lots of water.

DSC079144.jpg

I am thinking about potting them up ?
Just under 10l pots which are 2.6 gallons or so.
They drink twice a week.
Maybe I just leave it all the way it is...
Yeah, they should be fine.
I love the different smells from these plants.
They are two months old now.

Hi Everyone :)

The Girls have been in flower for a week or so now and are stretching and doing their thing.

I feed them every second water and water twice a week.

A liter each of food and then I water to run off with tap water.

No PH adjustments. All organic.

Deep Cheese

DSC082073.jpg

Deep Cheese

DSC082045.jpg

Super Lemon Haze

DSC082015.jpg

Pineapple Chunk

DSC082064.jpg

Hi Everyone :)

Another week into flower and the girls are coming along well.

The pineapple chunk has some tip burn and is stretching the most.

The super lemon haze is the easiest to grow and the deep cheese isn't stretching much.

Being used to hydro I am surprised how slow they have grown and probably because of the led they are quite dense.

Anyhow some pictures :)

Deep Cheese

DSC08357_copy.jpg

Pineapple Chunk

DSC08359_copy.jpg

Super Lemon Haze

DSC08358_copy.jpg

Super Lemon Haze

DSC08361_copy.jpg

Super Lemon Haze

DSC08362_copy.jpg

I might measure them next week :)

Hi everyone.

I don't mind that no one is interested in my journal :) :love:

I just gave the deep cheese and super lemon haze their weekly feed of top max and bio bloom.

Nothing for the pineapple chunk as I over watered with plain water the other day and it got tip burn anyway from the last feed....

The pineapple chunk nearly died about three weeks ago as I didn't water it enough when I was sick. I found it all droopy and some of the leaves were crispy. Amazingly it bounced back and is the tallest at around 26 inches.

I am getting excited as there might be somewhere between 5-8 weeks to go.

My main concern is humidity at the moment as it's getting up to 75% but I am hoping with enough airflow from the fan blowing on the flowers as well as air extract that mold will not become an issue.

Fingers crossed as AC isn't an option and nor is a dehumidifier.

I took some photos with my wide angle lens and did some different editing :)

You should know which is which:;):

DSC084232.jpg

DSC084212.jpg

DSC084202.jpg

DSC084172.jpg

DSC084152.jpg

DSC084142.jpg

DSC084123.jpg

DSC084114.jpg

Hi everyone.

I just purchased some organic fungicide spray as a precaution and I am wondering if it will be okay to use while the LED is on?

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom