Changing grow set up to whole room

Chrisx510

So one of my roommates is buying a house, that’s going to free up two rooms in my house. I got it okay’d by my “boss” (wife), to change one of the rooms to a grow room. I currently have one 600W HID, and one TSW2000, and one 4” charcoal filter with exhaust fan. The bedroom is about 15x15 with a 6x2.5 closet. I’m planning on getting a SP3000 for the closet, with the 4” fan in there. As for the main room I’m wanting to get another light or two in there, only going to use about 15’ x 5’ of the room for flowering. I’m thinking about getting 2 different lights in there, probably one 1000w HID and 1 spider farmer SF-4000 or get the geekbeast pro 630w. My thoughts is every major company has their own ‘specialized’ light frequencies they find best for growing ‘special crops’. So what I am thinking is ditching the ease of dimming all light in the room at once by using straight Mars Hydro throughout the room, or someone else. And get a little bit of all manufacturers ‘specialized’ light frequencies in the same room, in hopes of getting better crops. What’s everyone else’s thought on this, should I just stick to Mars-Hydro or do you think it’s a good idea of getting an array of lights in the grow room?

Budgetgrowlights.com
I know this statement is almost always followed by something sounding rude, but I honestly don’t mean to sound rude by this. But that didn’t answer my question very much.
Is it better to stick to just one manufacturer, or to get an array of lights. To benefit from all of there ‘specific‘ plant growing lights spectrum.

But if it’s beneficial for the plants I might go with one of their lights before I go with the spider farmer’s lights, or the second HID light.

I know this statement is almost always followed by something sounding rude, but I honestly don’t mean to sound rude by this. But that didn’t answer my question very much.
Is it better to stick to just one manufacturer, or to get an array of lights. To benefit from all of there ‘specific‘ plant growing lights spectrum.

But if it’s beneficial for the plants I might go with one of their lights before I go with the spider farmer’s lights, or the second HID light.
Just providing an alternative to what has been mentioned. Made is USA and owned by vets. Comparable to Spiderfarmer, but Budget uses heavier heat sinks. I've got a 100W Spiderfarmer, and it got so hot, I added extra heat sinks.

I've seen some thrown together grow rooms, with mix matched stuff grow some awesome bud, but, I've never seen a grow with several types of lighting all at once for different spectrum's :hmmmm: you might be on to something :high-five: if you have the $$$$ to do that, hell, go for it, I'd subscribe to that journal :thumb::goodluck:

I've seen some thrown together grow rooms, with mix matched stuff grow some awesome bud, but, I've never seen a grow with several types of lighting all at once for different spectrum's :hmmmm: you might be on to something :high-five: if you have the $$$$ to do that, hell, go for it, I'd subscribe to that journal :thumb::goodluck:
My 6X6' tent with a 4X4' SCROG uses that concept. I've got 2 HLG 100W bars at 6500K, and a Red Spec Budget 450W @ 3000K. I'm vegging now with total 200W @ 6500K and 250W or so @ 3000K. I'll finish with all 650W. I started the plants with 50W as seedlings. Up till recently i used a 1000W digital HID. Yield is about the same, but that is based on only one partial grow that I started under HID. The bulk of my growing is done outdoors.

Back
Top Bottom