Help setting up grow room

BigSmokie

Hey everyone, I am going to be buying a house in the very near future and want to set up a 10' by 10' grow room but I have a few questions.

1. How big of a light should I get or should I get a few?
2. How many plants should I grow in that space?
3. Should I grow in soil or go hydro to get the best yield?
4. Should the grow room be on it own circuit?

Thanks for any help and happy growing

Bigsmokie good questions:
. How big of a light should I get or should I get a few? 2-600W HPS Is what I would use. Do you plan on a Veg area or just straight using that 1 room?
2. How many plants should I grow in that space? I have accomplished as many as 50 in that area, all in 2 gal containers. 12-15 is more realistic in 5 gallon containers, again this depends on Lumen Output.
3. Should I grow in soil or go hydro to get the best yield? I grow Soils Only. If you are new to growing maybe a soil grow is better to start off with, and gradually work into a Hydro. My Opinion only.
4. Should the grow room be on it own circuit? Yes, I have my 1 room on a 20 Amp dedicated circuit.

Thanks... It will still be a few months but I just thought I would clear it up now. I am going to run 2 600w HPS on a few Hydrofarm Light Tracks... the only thing I know nothing about is how to run the room on it own circuit. Do I have to have a electrician come out to do it? What is involved with this? Also will a room this size and with this much power draw any attention for the electric company? I will have some fans and a filter and so on.

the only thing I know nothing about is how to run the room on it own circuit. Do I have to have a electrician come out to do it? What is involved with this?
Mine was built into the initial house. I run 1000kW in an area half that size.
What size Breaker is there now? 10, 15, 20?
It should not draw attention to it unless your house is a very small place, and that would be out of the ordinary.
With fans, filters, a 20 amp would be good and not overloaded with the rest of the gear.

If you don't know anything about electric I would suggest you have an electrician wire it. Put the studs up only (no sheetrock). tell him where you want the receptacles. I would suggest running another 20 amp circuit for a possible AC unit in the future or if you upgrade to 1000 watters (better safe then sorry). OH yeah, just tell him that your wife does photography for a hobby and that's why you're having the (dark room) built. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom