changing my water. when to be feeding?

night_neo

I am new to hydroponics. I have been vegging this plant in my stealth dresser for about 3 weeks and I need help with when to be feeding.

I bought this hydro nute kit that comes with a chart of how much of which nutes to use.

My question: when I change the water out of my reservoir, am i suppose to be putting water only or nute water EVERY time when i fill it up.

I hope people can understand my question.

you would be using nuterients up untill its time to flush with water only, last 7-10 days for soil, i don't remember if its the same amount of time for hydro flush.

do you have a ppm meter?

What kind of nutes?

I would half the recommended level at the very least, and I would not add it all at once...But add slowly, over like 2 days or so, make any sense?

do you have a ppm meter?

What kind of nutes?

I would half the recommended level at the very least, and I would not add it all at once...But add slowly, over like 2 days or so, make any sense?

I don't have a ppm meter, and I don't know what that would be mesureing. I'll try to post the nutes up soon as there are all different kinds in this kit.

I started out adding the full dose of nutes that the nute chart was suggesting. What you said does make sense, but my plant as of right now is looking great so I'm going to stick with it.

I started this thread because I was confused with the feeding schedule that somewhere read that i should be doing "feeding, water, water, feeding". So I thought maybe THAT was suggesting that I put ONLY water in my reservoir opposed to having nute water at all time.

I wasn't getting this confused with flushing, more so confused with soil growing where you water normal then water with nutes and back to water.

PPM stands for Parts Per Million. This device will measure the amount of dissolved solids in your water. This directly translates to a neutrient level in your water. It's the only way I'm aware of to measure the neuts in your water.
Generally, folks measure the water rather than just blindly following a feeding schedule..... generally.
You'll also need a way to measure and adjust the PH level of your water. Are you testing the PH?

Have you read the Beginners Guide to Hydroponics ? It's full of good info. Check it out.

Cheers!

PPM stands for Parts Per Million. This device will measure the amount of dissolved solids in your water. This directly translates to a neutrient level in your water. It's the only way I'm aware of to measure the neuts in your water.
Generally, folks measure the water rather than just blindly following a feeding schedule..... generally.
You'll also need a way to measure and adjust the PH level of your water. Are you testing the PH?

Have you read the Beginners Guide to Hydroponics ? It's full of good info. Check it out.

Cheers!

You said what ppm stands for (parts per million) but you called it a device? Can I pick one of these up to measure?

I understand that blindly following a feeding schedule itsn't the best way to go, on top of the fact that I doubt these hydro nutes are anywhere close to being top notch. But I'm new to hydro so I'm just trying to follow directions starting off.

I know how to measure the PH level as I have a few soil grows under my belt. I have the tester with the ph up and down. I have been lazy as hell with this grow and havn't checked the ph level even one time yet, but my plant is growing at a rapid rate and not showing any signs of stress with its green leaves.

hmmm... perhaps the "if it works, don't f*** with it" concept should apply here.
A PPM meter is a small electronic device. I just realized that the other name (and more common name) for a PPM meter is a TDS (total disolved solids) meter. A simple google search will bring hundreds of them to your fingertips.

Cheers

Alright cool thanks man. If they are cheap ill pick one up.

Back
Top Bottom