Cheapest way to grow indoor

does any one here have any advice to start a small cheap indoor growing thing:laughtwo:

Yeah, spend your free time for a week or two reading everything you can here so that when you DO start buying things, you don't end up wasting money on the wrong things. Also, so you don't end up wasting all of the time and money that you invest in a grow by making a terminal-class mistake and losing your plants.

Time spent in preparation is easily more economical than time spent trying to correct mistakes (or in growing inefficiently because you just didn't know any better).

Would you please clarify the 5-1-1 and what that means?

That's NPK (Nitrogen - Phosphorous - Potash/Potassium) makeup of a fertillizer. In percentages of the whole (basically). There are, of course, other things in the ingredients list of most fertilizers. Reading the label will generally show them - or at least the "nutritive" ones. Also things such as the type/form of N, either expressed as water-insoluble N and water-soluble N or the actual type (such as uric N, amonical N, etc.).

where can I get the alaska fish?

Most hydroponics stores, many nurseries and plant centers, Home Depot, et cetera. You might check with some of the sponsors to see if any of them carry it if you cannot find it locally.

The cheapest/best lighting I have seen is the CFL set ups like our DIY forum. you want to use 50-65k lights for vegging ans 27k flowering. Ive used regular fluorescent lights, didn't like how they grew stretched too much. for for growing medium I like just regular potting soil cause you don't want a fertilized soil for starting seeds and after that I'll be giving fertilizer. a good reflective material is those emergency blankets in sporting goods at walmart. add a fan for ventilation, that about covers it.

I built a 3 ft x 4 ft x 6 ft tall grow box for about 600 bucks. That includes light ballast, cool tube, carbon filter, fan and the wood for the box. If you click on my grow journal (in my signature), there is an explanation and pics on page one.

Back
Top Bottom