Choice between the fan on: high humidity, or fan off: low humidity, flowering please help

hazeluv69

Hi I’ve ran into an issue during my mid flowering, I know ideal humidity range is like 40-60 , so that’s why I am asking the following question kinda - to explain my issue , if I have my oscillating fan on My humidity rises a lot and I need it down & if I leave the fan off the humidity is perfect but then there’s no blowing air on the leaves or budds, can anyone help me? Is it best to just leave the fan off to get my ideal humidity or leave the fan on and deal with high humidity as to me I think I need the fan on to keep air moving?

Do you have an exhaust fan hooked up to cycle fresh air through your grow space?
If your exhaust fan is positioned on the opposite side of your grow space from the air intake and the opening of the intake is large enough then you should be able to exchange enough air through the space to keep a healthy environment.
How much Ventilation do i need

Do you have an exhaust fan hooked up to cycle fresh air through your grow space?
If your exhaust fan is positioned on the opposite side of your grow space from the air intake and the opening of the intake is large enough then you should be able to exchange enough air through the space to keep a healthy environment.
How much Ventilation do i need

Hi I have an exhaust fan hooked up always on 24 hours a day , it’s taking the air out only, I do not have intake air coming into my tent tho? Am I okay just to be running my exhaust fan sucking air out the tent and no oscillating ? And I grow in a tent

If you have good airflow with your exhaust fan, there is no need for the other.

Personally, as I do not need worry about smells, I run a 6” fan for air exchange, but reversed flow. My fan pumps air into the top of the tent at one end, blowing the length of the tent and exits the bottom of the tent at the same end. Positive pressure rather than negative like most. And I don’t use an oscillating fan.

If you have good airflow with your exhaust fan, there is no need for the other.

Personally, as I do not need worry about smells, I run a 6” fan for air exchange, but reversed flow. My fan pumps air into the top of the tent at one end, blowing the length of the tent and exits the bottom of the tent at the same end. Positive pressure rather than negative like most. And I don’t use an oscillating fan.

So is it okay just to leave my extraction fan on pulling air out the tent and that’s it?

Open at least one of the vents at the btm of the tent to let air in. Leave the fan on blowing on the plants. The reason for the higher RH is the fan helps with transpiration. This is how the plant gets water and nutrients.

Get a 2nd fan or open the doors of the tent if you can. I leave my doors open all grow long but I dont worry about outside lighting. The RH will always go up after lights out so monitor the RH when lights are on to see where you're at. The the highest the RH will be after lights out. If its like 60RH with lights on thats pretty high it will be close to 75% after lights out anything over 70%RH I'm making changes.

My problem is that I’m in flowering and if I put my oscillating fan on the humidity rises to around 70/80 , which I do not want! I can’t use any other fans I have the one I do, is it okay to just leave it off as without it my humidity is perfect

Back
Top Bottom