Oscillating fan causing high humidity during flower!

Does your tent have passive intake vents which can be opened up.

My fans only have outtake at the moment as I am kinda new and still have to invest in an intake ! But to ur post before, my fan does raise my humidity , I am growing in coco, 1.2x1.2m grow area, not in a garage or shed, a proper room lol and yes my times run from 9am-9pm using a 600w hps , extraction running 24/7. My fan isn’t blowing over the top of the canopy rather the middle of the plants. As soon as the rh rises I turn the fan off, without the fan my rh is 50-55 now. My hygrometer is on the floor. I have 5 plants flowering, ranging in size

So I’ll open a vent of the vents? Top or bottom of the tent?
Open the bottom vent the cool air will be sucked in by your extraction fan up top and then bad air will vent out from the extraction fan, creating an air exchange cycle.

Open the bottom vent the cool air will be sucked in by your extraction fan up top and then bad air will vent out from the extraction fan, creating an air exchange cycle.

Is there a way I can prevent pests from entering whilst my vents are open or just wing it?

Is there a way I can prevent pests from entering whilst my vents are open or just wing it?
No matter what bugs come with growing, some are good to have around your plants and others are not, If you can get a piece of door screening and duck tape that over your intake hole that should work fine. My self I wouldn't worry about it, just keep the enviroment around the tent clean as possible to limit bugs from being a problem.

Well some thing is not right !

Most 1.2x1.2 m tent should have passive intake vents built into them these are normally fasten by velcro or at least port holes for ducting down around the base of tent & these need to be opened up. (passive)

What are your temps with a 600w hps in a tent that size ?

Extraction needs to be out of room ideally.

What size is your extraction fan as these deal with volume of air per minute or hour.

At the end of the day ya got extraction running your tent must look like a crisp packet with all the air sucked out or almost... intake is essential for your plants to breath other wise ya gonna get some runts.

Hydrometer probe place that around your tent ya get different readings for sure & should be a canopy level of your plants !

If you can stuff old panty hose or something like that in the vent it will filter most bugs.
That works fine inexpensive and effective. You want to be able to exchange the entire volume of the tent every 3-5 minutes. Using an exhaust fan to draw the air from the opposite side of the tent preferably from the bottom. I have a room dedicated. Here is my intake for my room using a mosquito netting. It's on the floor opposite my exhaust fan which is mounted up at the top of the room. The intake is open to fresh outside air.
20200817_195353.jpg

I'm guessing that you have your tent fairly stuffed!

As has been stated, you need that constant airflow to reduce chance of bud rot. In a pinch there are lowtech easy fixes that are temp...i landed up having to toss some RV moisture grabbers (uncented) to drop humidity in flower. I think rock salt can also help (haven't tried it).

Rock salt should work but be extremely careful when placing it in the tent if it gets in in your grown medium you will have problems.
Lol I shoulda mentioned that, good catch!
It's best used wrapped in cheesecloth suspended over a bucket if memory serves me correctly

My fans only have outtake[sic] at the moment as I am kinda new and still have to invest in an intake !

You shouldn't need an intake fan with any kind of normal setup. Just an exhaust fan that is capable of doing its job. Open all lower passive intake vent panels. If it's a quality tent, there should be built-in mesh screen material. If not, add something.

My fan isn’t blowing over the top of the canopy rather the middle of the plants. As soon as the rh rises I turn the fan off, without the fan my rh is 50-55 now. My hygrometer is on the floor. I have 5 plants flowering, ranging in size

Your oscillating fan is doing its job - aiding the plants in transpiring moisture. Also, in general, moving air around inside your grow space. EDIT: The fan isn't raising the humidity, the plants are; the fan is merely evenly distributing it throughout the grow space.

Meaning no disrespect, here, but if you have "pests" in your house, that's a problem that should be addressed as a house problem, not a grow space problem. You're going to have to open your tent/etc. from time to time in order to do garden maintenance, yeah?

Plants transpire water. A fan moving air across/through them removes that moisture from the immediate area around the plants. In addition to the above, this also helps prevent mold/rot (which is no fun!). A good exhaust fan pulls air in via the passive vents and then on through the fan and out of the space.

Yeah I have 2 little dehumidifiers Like that in my 4x4, not exactly the same but similar, and it still doesn’t do a great job, I think the little ones,$30-$100,use a different process than the more expensive like $150-$200 ones

Back
Top Bottom