Choppy's DWC Blue Cookies Grow Journal Oct 2018

Afternoon all! Finally got my girls going in RDWC.
20181101_173706.jpg

This is my Blue Cookies girl. She has a nice root system starting in the rockwool and should have no problems with the roots hitting the water. She has two nodes and will start training as soon as the roots hit the water.

20181101_173712.jpg

This is the blueberry girl. She is about 5 days behind the blue cookies.

20181101_173720.jpg

I have them in a 16 X 16 X 48 nursery tent and its crowded as hell in this tent but should have my new 24 X 48 X 60 tent up and running in a day or two. Once the roots are established they will be going into their own 5 gallon bucket.

Its been a bitch of a day but I finally got the new area ready for the tent and got the tent put up.

20181102_133011.jpg

Its 24 X 48 X 60. Also got my girls moved into it but they are still in their temporary container. Not ready to put them into buckets yet. Gotta get a few things yet so I can plumb it the way I want it.

20181102_190755.jpg
20181102_190801.jpg

This is the blue cookies girl.

20181102_190806.jpg

And blueberry.

I threw some nutes at her to get her going. A lil less than half strength.

Fox Farms nutes. 5 gallon container.

Big Bloom 20ml
Hydro Grow big 10ml
Recharge 1 TBSP

PPM is 300
PH is 6.1

Its been a few days since my last update and my girls are doing well :)

20181107_220330.jpg

This is my blue cookies girl. She will be ready for her first topping soon. Two nodes already.

20181107_220334.jpg

This is my blueberry girl. She was harder to germinate and is maybe 5 days behind the blue cookies plant. She is also on her second node.

20181107_220352.jpg

The Blue Cookies girl roots. She will grow faster now. The blueberry plants roots is outside the holder but hasnt made it to the water yet. In a day or two she will be up and running.

20181107_220440.jpg

Water temp is high but have the hydroguard in it so shouldnt be a problem. If I can grow without the pain in the ass po-man chiller I will be happy. Swapping out 12 frozen coke bottles daily is really a pain.

Its been a few days since my last update and my girls are doing well :)

20181107_220330.jpg

This is my blue cookies girl. She will be ready for her first topping soon. Two nodes already.

20181107_220334.jpg

This is my blueberry girl. She was harder to germinate and is maybe 5 days behind the blue cookies plant. She is also on her second node.

20181107_220352.jpg

The Blue Cookies girl roots. She will grow faster now. The blueberry plants roots is outside the holder but hasnt made it to the water yet. In a day or two she will be up and running.

20181107_220440.jpg

Water temp is high but have the hydroguard in it so shouldnt be a problem. If I can grow without the pain in the ass po-man chiller I will be happy. Swapping out 12 frozen coke bottles daily is really a pain.

I built my water chiller for about $40 - It could've been half that, but I built two. All you need is decent PC heatsink ($15 on Amazon), a peltier chip ($5), an aluminum water cooling block (2 for $10) and an AC power adapter (A 12v or 24v laptop charger will power one module well enough, buy one per cooler unit). Oh, and thermal compound paste. There's a frew videos of youtube; here's the one I emulated:
. Then just run tubing through the cooling block, in from the top of the reservoir and out at the bottom (heat rises), attached to a cheap aquarium pump. Boom, you've got a chiller that'll drop your res temperatures by like 2 degrees per gallon after a few days running.

I built my water chiller for about $40 - It could've been half that, but I built two. All you need is decent PC heatsink ($15 on Amazon), a peltier chip ($5), an aluminum water cooling block (2 for $10) and an AC power adapter (A 12v or 24v laptop charger will power one module well enough, buy one per cooler unit). Oh, and thermal compound paste. There's a frew videos of youtube; here's the one I emulated:
. Then just run tubing through the cooling block, in from the top of the reservoir and out at the bottom (heat rises), attached to a cheap aquarium pump. Boom, you've got a chiller that'll drop your res temperatures by like 2 degrees per gallon after a few days running.

I have everything I need to do that, just havent done it yet. Maybe a good project for today. Wasnt sure it would keep the temp low enough.

Finally got my girls into their new setup. All I have left to do is hook up the cooler I am designing and I need some 3/8 hose that I have coming.

20181112_171149.jpg

On the right is the Blue Cookies and on the left is Blueberry. Blueberry plant is having a hard start. The new setup is 3 5 gal buckets, all with pumps in them pumping into the next container so the solution gets widely mixed. The third container is where I take my readings and add nutrients. Had a slight leak at first but tightened things up a bit and its dry now. Multi container DWC is all new to me so if someone sees a screw up, let me know!

20181112_171208.jpg

And my current numbers. Been chasing the PH some but that was expected.

Woke up this moring to find around 4 gallons leaked out onto my floor. :( The reservoir bucket outside the tent had a baby leak I didnt see. Its dry now but damn the luck. Dont think it harmed or stressed the plants out too much.

I've been having the same problem. I ended up just buying some JB PlasticWeld and now there's no leaks at all. That stuff works amazingly.

And the training has begun! Topped her and stripped the lower nodes. Now she has two nodes growing outwards.

For now I am using 4 oz weights and soft ties to train her.

20181115_210237.jpg

And the Blueberry plant. She has been topped but thats all. Still too small to do much on its training.

20181115_210307.jpg

Kinda expecting this grow will be kept in veg longer than any I grown before but thats ok. Normally I will veg for 3 or 4 weeks before flipping her but this grow is a learning experiment. She is going to be manifold trained using Light Addicts reasonings and style but also I am on a quest to get one pound of dry from one seed and if I have to take my time in veg to achieve that, then ok :p

hello , here are my cks -2 crown royal fem. growing in coco with drip system and 2- 900 watt mars led , ph 5.8-5.9 , feeding daily at 250 -260 ppm and using general hydroponics flora nova nutes , 3 1/2 weeks old ,in a 4x4x8 tent .

Attachments

• FloraNovaGrow_Pint.png
    FloraNovaGrow_Pint.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 62
  • FloraNovaBloom_Quart.png
    FloraNovaBloom_Quart.png
    65 KB · Views: 59
  • 20181113_090257.jpg
    20181113_090257.jpg
    588.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 20181113_090247.jpg
    20181113_090247.jpg
    594.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 20181113_090243.jpg
    20181113_090243.jpg
    587.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 20181113_090222.jpg
    20181113_090222.jpg
    640.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20181113_090219.jpg
    20181113_090219.jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20181113_090200.jpg
    20181113_090200.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 20181113_090154.jpg
    20181113_090154.jpg
    673.3 KB · Views: 74
I have 2 cks blue cookies waiting to pop their little heads out of some coco in foam cups , gonna have plants at 2 different stages at 1 point gonna use my spare closet for 2 in flower and gonna veg the last 2 (blue cookies )for longer .I think we have some really nice strains to share info on .

I was having ph problems at 1st to but I went to buying 4lt jugs of R.O water, now I have a system in the house and ph problems are gone . ppm on r.o. water is 0-1 and with 2 ml of nova grow and 2 ml cal mag plus , puts me at 295 ppm and 6.1 on ph.ph down to 5.8 and they are loving this juice.these nutes are thicker than molasses and won't pull through a 20ml syringe, what a p.i.t.a.

I have 2 cks blue cookies waiting to pop their little heads out of some coco in foam cups , gonna have plants at 2 different stages at 1 point gonna use my spare closet for 2 in flower and gonna veg the last 2 (blue cookies )for longer .I think we have some really nice strains to share info on .

HI NOOOBIENOT. CKS Crown Royale is some excellent herb. My last grow was that strain. Their Purple Kush strain is some damn good herb too :p

Do you have a grow journal here on 420? If not, start one. Good way to keep track of your grow and let people see how your doing it.

Quick update on my girl.

Have a good start on the manifolding. Defoliated a lot. On each side so far she has 4 nodes and the end node per side so thats 10 nodes total. I am thinking of keeping her in veg until I have 15 established nodes on each side for a total of 30 colas when she is producing buds. From previous grows I usually average 10 grams dried from a trimmed cola. So the goal for this grow will be 300 grams dried buds. I might go 32, 34, 36 nodes just to insure the goal is reached :p

20181117_212553.jpg

I can see weights are only going to take me so far training this style. Im gonna have to slip a small square of plywood under them so I can train with strings and be able to tie each offshoot down so they too will grow flat.

Very sad day in Hootersville. I picked up he lid to check the roots before putting the training board in place and the weight was too much and snapped my girls left branch :(

20181119_192101.jpg

I been plumb sick over this since the moment it happened.

I was able to get my training board in place and the peltier chip cooler up and running.

20181119_192122.jpg

For the training board I made it like light addict had his. I took some 3/8 plywood I had laying around and cut it 22 X 46. My tent is 24 X 48 so just a bit smaller to fit in easier. Then I took a pack of dollar general nails and put one every inch around the outer edge and up the middle. I will use the nails to tie string to to hold the branches down helping her grow flat and manifolded.

Im sick over that branch breaking but Im not defeated. I will grow her until she has 30 to 35 branches coming off the one side :p. I was wondering the other night how many nodes can grow from one branch, guess we will find out. With the training board I shimmed it up until it was even with the branch left. So now that branch wont have any load on it because it will lay on the board.

With the pelier cooler, not sure how well its going to work. Around 9ish last night I got it set up and running. Water was right at 81F. This morning 11 hours later its 76.4. I really want it down to at least 72 or lower. I hope this will do it. To be totally honest here. I should of went to Walmart and bought a student fridge for $60, drilled a couple 1/2 hoses in the door and put 100' of 1/2 in hose in it. It would of been around the same that I paid for getting this peltier setup going with a lot less hassle.

Quick update

20181124_141334.jpg

This is my lil blue cookies girl this morning. She is very healthy. Little sign of root rot on the leaves but I hope with the peltier cooler going plus bio-guard, that problem is taken care of. The reservoir temps are staying between 76-77 so hopefully cool enough. If not I will bring the Ice chest cooler back in and get that going.

20181124_141611.jpg

Here I worked her branches under the strings to train her. The main branch going to the left broke the other day but what I am thinking is training the first two nodes to grow back at a 45 degree angle from the main branch. This grow I wanted to do light addicts way and thats the style of training I am doing but with the main branch breaking at this early in the game, Im gonna have to experiment a lil and see what develops.

20181124_141618.jpg

This is zoomed out a little to better show the training method.

Here is my thinking..... Light Addict believes that when you take a main cola, top it once and let each side grow, each side will feed the main cola on the end and the branches before the main cola will receive extra energy creating larger colas versus taking a plant, topping it, then topping that and topping again and on and on. So if thats the way it works then in my thinking since the left main branch is gone, I can grow the first nodes branches out to the left of the plant main stem and they should get all the energy from the plant needed to produce colas just as big as the ones on the right branch.
Now I know from personal experience the more you top a plant, the smaller the colas will be. I always took it as a fact of life for plants. Ya know, it is what it is. Yet Light Addicts reasoning are sound in my opinion so this should work and technically it will end up being almost like having 3 main branches trained in this manner.

20181124_141620.jpg

And the blueberry..... I dont know what to tell ya about this one. Not really growing and seems real dry. She shows signs of root rot but it should of recovered by now. She might make it, she might not. Since its a %50 chance of being a male and pollen from it I really want, as long as it grows a little I will be happy. If it makes buds, I wont mind that either. If it is a female I might make some colloidal silver and get some female seeds off her.

Forgot to add, PPMs are running at 950. Fox Farms feed schedule says 1.2K to 1.6K is acceptable. I will let her ride here for now and bump her up next feeding. In the last week she drank maybe a gallon. Also had to re calibrate my PH meter, It started giving wild readings and at first I chased it but then check calibrations and found the 4.0 up at 5. Adjusted that, checked 6.86 and it was so close I let it ride. (within .03) The reservoir was reading 6.9 before calibration and 6.07 after.

Looking good chop. I'm curious to see the outcome of your plants with that training method. I like how you started training them so soon, something I wish I would've done a bit sooner.

Thanks Chappie. Your next grow, at third node is when you start training. From all I read that seems to be standard. You have done a really great job with training your girls :)

If I am able to pull off what I am attempting, to use the first node from the one branch and grow them as main branches, then have 8 sets of nodes per side plus the main one, that will give me 34 nodes to make buds pluse probably 21 or 23 buds on the main branch for about +50 bud total from one plant. I should still easily meet and exceed my goal for this grow of 300 grams of dried buds.

Back
Top Bottom