Christians smoking Weed?

all confessions use some drugs, like alcohol, mushrooms, roots, peyote, weed) it is part of religion from ancient times
may be better for christians smoking weed instead of alcohol

all confessions use some drugs, like alcohol, mushrooms, roots, peyote, weed) it is part of religion from ancient times
may be better for christians smoking weed instead of alcohol
agree. and myself, i am a smoker and christian! and i am not ashamed of it

it's great to see these posts allowed on 420Magazine.
Many forums require users to follow such popular indoctrination as : round earth, space travel, aliens, evolution, dinosaurs, ad nauseum.

Anyway, my hat is off to you 420Magazine! Humanity is not perfect, people make mistakes whether they hail from the church or not! only god is infallible.

V L A D

I always found it curious that Jesus would turn perfectly good water to wine/rotten grape juice... why would he be so against healthy hydration?

/cynicism

LOL you're my new favorite person today!

-------

All right so bit of background regarding me in this. I am a Christian, been one since I was born (was born into a Christian family obviously) and either by my own nature, or I inherited this from my mother, I am a naturally questioning person (I drove my endocrinologists crazy, lol) but by the time I was 16 I came to the conclusion that the church had long ago departed Christ's teachings (personal opinion) and so in turn I departed the church. I don't identify with any denomination or follow any dogma and instead trust The Big Guy to steer me right.

That all being said I have never found anything in the bible other than that can be taken out of context (cherry picking single verses from several books to paint a negative picture) that says anything against weed. As others have pointed out, the bible warns against the abuse of drugs (counting alcohol as a drug in this context) rather than out right saying it's forbidden (I believe the Koran forbids alcohol however, confirm?).

Now I won't say I've had "revelations" while buzzing but it has helped me look at things from a different angle, it probably helps that I've been reading the transliteration (the bible is translated but not reworded for English) but once after I had smoked, my dad and I were talking about the Holy Spirit and we found that in the transliteration used the feminine word for spirit, implying the Holy Spirit is female. This helped explain to me why in genidid God said they made mankind in gods own image and likeness, but why women are physically different from men.

The reason the church I'd do against mind altering drugs stems from when Christianity was just legalized in the Roman Empire. It wasn't clean switch and many people stayed with their old beliefs. In response fanatics would go around and kill anyone found worshiping the old gods. Since a number of worshipers to clean took mind altering drugs as a sacrament, anyone caught with drugs was killed. The church has since maintained the stance that drugs have no place in a so called righteous persons life... Except during communion, and only a sip of wine at that.

At the end of the day, it's rarely about what you did that concerned God but the why. Are you drinking to celebrate a wedding, your team winning, toasting or are you drinking to drown your troubles? It's the same with weed, are you getting high to relax, chilling with friends, medical reasons or are you trying to get numb from life?

they say that smoking weed, hash, etc. is referred to in Revelations as pharmakeia translating as witchcraft & sin.

just thought I'd add this...not that I subscribe to the theory, but there it is.

Right here! Yes, I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour in 1969. I spent years in Independent Baptist Churches. However, after all this time, and much studying of the Holy Scriptures (KJV), as well as other 'religions', I still am a 'Christian'. I love my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. My beliefs have NOT changed much, other than I realized that a lot of the stuff about 'The Millennium', 'The Rapture' and 'Antichrist' is a lot of BULLSHIT. I was introduced to Cannabis (I absolutely refuse to call it by any other name) 5 years ago. Cannabis has opened my mind to what is the true meaning of Existence and what we are down here. God. The 'Spirit In The Sky' whatever you want to call our Creator. God created us, He loves us, and everything we have is only a 'loan' from Him. We are stewards of what we 'think' is ours. It all belongs to God; He has only loaned it to us. What we do with it is our choice. Freewill.
I didn't mean to go into any theological discussion, but yes, I am a true Christian, I love my LORD Jesus Christ, and yes, I partake of this beautiful plant (Cannabis) that He created and placed on this earth for our use and healing.

Right on. I use the King James Version of the Bible for study and also the Strongs Concordance. Pharmakeia refers to ALL medicines. So whatever medicine you happen to be taking, it's medicine for healing your illnesses. Cannabis just happens to be a WONDER plant that God created for our use. Just because a bunch of asshole politicians and big businesses KNOW this and want to bash it because it cuts into their PROFITS. Well, Big Business, you need to know that money is NOT everything. We as users of Cannabis are not interested in money. We only want healing and peace of mind.

I like you. Your views sound VERY similar to mine. I agree with you and as such, believe that 'Cannabis is a GATEWAY' to learning more about life and existence. I did stand on the very edge of INFINITY and it nearly blew my mind. Nirvana? Whatever that is, it's nothing more than a state of mind of KNOWING. Period. Forget the Hindus, whatever. We cannot live in Nirvana constantly, because our brains are not wire to live at that higher state of KNOWING. We revisit it and learn more with each toke. Or, as I do, I make my own Hash Oil and ingest it. I like to toke it up some, but the coughing kinda sucks, ya know? I love my Cannabis and I thank God our Creator each day for this awesome plant He gave us!

I have been having flashbacks and it's so neat. Not strong ones but it's more like I go back into deep thoughts and it borders on nirvana. So one day last month in the middle of a flashback I toked it up and... Most grooooovy!

Sent from my LG-H740 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yea. YouTube seem to have this passion for DELETING the best videos! Leaving us the crappy ones.. LOL

I plant the seeds of today coz I believe in the harvest of tomorrow!

Yea. YouTube seem to have this passion for DELETING the best videos! Leaving us the crappy ones.. LOL

I plant the seeds of today coz I believe in the harvest of tomorrow!

Na, it's more the policy sucks. I have a number of subscription on various channels and more than a few have mentioned at least the ones where some a-hole goes through their entire video tab and hits copywrite infringement even though the original poster holds the rights. From what I've gathered YouTube just sends a notification to th uploaded and its on them to prove their innocent of the claim against them regardless. Active channels will usdually re upload ( The one channel had over 100+ vids and he said it would take days to re upload them and what not) but if its a inactive channel your SOL sadly. Normally I would say if U2 doesn't correct the positive actually going to come back to bite them in the pot, through their owned by Google And hoe long YouTube has been around I can't say I see their policy changing.

Hello all,
I'm happy to see this thread, because I was wondering if I was the only one out there with my point of view.

I am a non-denominational spirit filled born again Christian. I live for Jesus.

That said, I can tell you that I have had more than one eyebrow raised at me by fellow church goers when I tell them I am a medical marijuana patient.

I have heard every so called "biblical" response from people you could possibly dig out of the bible as reasons why I should not consume cannabis, lol.

All I can say is this. If your a true Christian, I mean a follower of Jesus Christ, not the CHURCH, and you have a personal relationship with HIM, then HE will tell you what is right, and what is wrong. Just listing to His voice and He will guide you.

The devil does not want you healed, he does not want you to have this plant for your comfort and healing, he is a liar.

Matthew 7:3 says “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Until you have walked in the shoes of someone who suffers severe chronic pain (as I do) you have no idea the lengths that you will go to in order to stop the pain.

Pain makes you do things you would never consider doing normally.

Jesus wants us to be happy, He does not want us to needlessly suffer, that is WHY He created natural plants like cannabis for us to use.

Everything that man has made, like opiates, is a result of the fall, nothing we make out of greed solves anything, but only creates more pain.

I have struggled with why I have not received healing for my many severe conditions but have seen many others healed. All I know is that God has a plan, so I'm just along for the ride, passing through the shadow of the valley of evil, just passing through, not stopping.

I'm blessed to have this miracle plant on my journey to help me through the pain of this life.

:)

I like to refer to genesis 1:29 the KJV.

King James Bible
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

God created cannabis with a 2 fold intention. Males for their protein and hemp. Females for medicine. Cannabis is one of the very few plants that's has separate male and female plants. I don't bother to argue the point many times as I also feel it's a personal relationship with God that is what matters most.

Back
Top Bottom