Cleaned botrytis bud is usable?

Organic Weed

Hello folks I've found botrytis on some of the buds, out door guerrila. I could not monitor it properly.

I've cleaned the buds and now I have about 2/3 of the plant. Can I use it? Can I smoke it, vape it or do extracts like green dragon?
Can I also vape/smoke the sticky glue that remained in the scissors after the cleaning? It's only thricomes over there. No plant parts.
The last picture is the cleaned part of the plant, supposedly bothritis free.

I had a few buds like these. Not much botrytis..only in a few spots that I tried to removed completely.
IMG-20211126-WA0080.jpeg

This bud was pretty bad but I've cleaned it in some parts.
IMG-20211126-WA0082.jpeg

This last picture shows the cleaned buds.

IMG-20211126-WA0088.jpeg

I've cleaned the buds and now I have about 2/3 of the plant. Can I use it? Can I smoke it, vape it or do extracts like green dragon?
If I am understanding the reasons behind doing a Hydrogen Peroxide wash of the buds at the harvest it is to kill off any remaining molds or fungus and their spores. All signs of the damage does have to be removed first since the H202 wash will not fix the damaged parts of the buds.

After the Hydrogen Peroxide wash the bud should then be washed in the usual bud wash method. This is from the Bud Washing thread on the message board. It is long, up to 121 pages, but worth reading through from start to end at least once.

Here is the link to the thread I am mentioning:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/bud-washing.200881/

If I am understanding the reasons behind doing a Hydrogen Peroxide wash of the buds at the harvest it is to kill off any remaining molds or fungus and their spores. All signs of the damage does have to be removed first since the H202 wash will not fix the damaged parts of the buds.

After the Hydrogen Peroxide wash the bud should then be washed in the usual bud wash method. This is from the Bud Washing thread on the message board. It is long, up to 121 pages, but worth reading through from start to end at least once.

Here is the link to the thread I am mentioning:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/bud-washing.200881/
@SmokingWings Thanks. Is extraction with alcool 95% not enough? 121 is huge,I'll give a look at it. But I was thinking about alcool extraction of the clean buds and just evaporate the batches I'll use within a week or two.

But I was thinking about alcool extraction of the clean buds and just evaporate the batches I'll use within a week or two.
I don't know. I do not do extractions, etc. Just dry, roll and burn with some buds used for a salve or ointment. If it was me I would just open the thread, read the first couple msgs to get the idea of what they are talking about, especially how the washing and rinse is done. Then as fast as I can skim read it I look through the rest of the msgs looking for those buzz words that grab my attention. I am pretty sure you will find msgs talking about whether Bud Washing helps when the buds had a mold problem and then will be used for alcohol extraction.

I don't know. I do not do extractions, etc. Just dry, roll and burn with some buds used for a salve or ointment. If it was me I would just open the thread, read the first couple msgs to get the idea of what they are talking about, especially how the washing and rinse is done. Then as fast as I can skim read it I look through the rest of the msgs looking for those buzz words that grab my attention. I am pretty sure you will find msgs talking about whether Bud Washing helps when the buds had a mold problem and then will be used for alcohol extraction.
Ok, thanks.I do the opposite i do edible and ticture the most, i will do as you suggested, is a good idea!

Back
Top Bottom