High Brix Multi-Strain Grow - 280W LED - Recycled Supersoil

Organic Weed

Hello Folk
I was posting this cycle in another forum but I am not getting much debate so I decided moving everything here.

I recycled my suppression from my previous soil and decided to test a high brix soil. I did put a lot of staff: bone meal, cotton meal, guano, epsom salts, EM, micorryze, a lot of fruits and vegetable residues, hook acid, kelp, rock powder, gypsum and other staff I do not remember. Left it cooking for 90 days and did some lab analysis. The results are below here.

Lab_analysis.png

So I did a table to compare my composition with the ideal composition:

Element Ideal value (mg/dm3) My value (mg/dm3) Difference (mg/dm3) Ideal ratio My ratio
Ca 2243 1294 -949 18 units 18 units
Mn 224 63.98 -160 2 units 1 units
P 224 588 364 2 units 8 units
K 112 1802 1690 1 units 25 units
N 44 450 406 0.3 units 6 units

I am very high in N and K and P.
I understand High Brix are built over time, so this is the first step and I'll make lab analysis at the end of this cycle to add the right amount of staff to get really high brix.

Anyway, in March 6 I put 4 seeds in 0.5 litres pots and the then 1.5 and them 14 litres:
- LA confidential (DNA)
- SharkShock CBD (CBD Crew)
- OG Kush (DNA)
- Northern Light (Sensi seeds)

Vegetation: 40 days.
The last 2 weeks I put 2 other seeds in 7 litres pot:
- Critical + (Dinafem)
- Santa muerte (Billburn)

I FIMmed them at the 5th internode after 4 weeks

Some pictures below of the vegetative part. It was very smooth, not many problem.
The only thing is that the high level of N was soon noticeable.

I try to have always a living soil

image-54.jpg

Second week of veg
image25763.jpg

Later on in the vegetation
image-27.jpg
image-35.jpg
IMG_359211.JPG
image-45.jpg

Before switch to 12/12 on day 43 my Brix was about 8 in all plants
image-62.jpg

Nice experiment. I like that you tested your soil and saw the numbers.Yes High Brix weed is virtually impossible to achieve with high P and K. The first one messes with mycos in work, the second decreases calcium and magnesium uptake. My current plants were finishing veg at 9/10 Brix and later quickly moved towards 12-14. My soil is practically void of fertilizers, but is naturally rich in nutrients, so my aim is to get there with 2nd grow.

Hi Conradino, it's great to have 420 Masters visiting my 3d :thanks:

My question to you (and others) is the following. Now I am at day 43 in bloom. Here are some pictures. I have only given pure water at about neutral pH since the beginning. I didn't put any foliar Ca which is a must to achieve high brix, and look at what I have... BRIX = 13!!!!

1 - I have high K but I have Brix = 13. How is it possible????

2- How do my plants look to have Brix 15 and being at day 43? They are all pure indicas.

Below some pictures of the growth.

IMG_43711.JPG

This is my Critical + (Dinafem). It vegged for 15 days and then I put her in a 7 L pot. This is how she looks

IMG_43655.JPG
IMG_43665.JPG

These are pictures from some tops

IMG_43624.JPG
IMG_43636.JPG
IMG_43692.JPG

IMG_43754.JPG

... and these are some foliar problems I have had since the beginning of flowering, especially on the OG: some of the leaves (not all, it seems selective, disregarding being on top of bottom -- see 1st picture below) turn brown at some part and then fall off after some times (2 weeks). Other leaves (2nd picture below), those that don't get brown but only have the tips burnt, stay like that. They are about 4 to 5 on the plant maximum. It doesn't spread to all the leaves. What is it?

IMG_43783.JPG
IMG_43803.JPG

This is my small closet when lights turn down. From plant is Santa Muerte that just started blooming now.

IMG_43832.JPG

Just by checking the numbers I'd say it's a magnesium issue.

Day 48 flowering
Some pictures below
I keep feeding them on water only. This cycle it's the only thing I gave them until now and no deficiency. Maybe my soil was a bit too high on N, which is the reason why they keep being so green.
I've used some EPSON salts to take care of eventual Mg and S deficients and molasse and EM and mycorrhizae to stimulate nutrients uptakes and decomposition.

How long do you think I still need to go? Maybe at 70 days (22 days from now?)
I have a CDB SharkShock and from what I understand, the CDB should be cut before any trics get amber, correct? Shall I do it by using my 30x lens or just staying on the low as stated by the breeder (8 weeks and not 10).

This is the Critical + in the 7 L, all the others are in 14 l. Pretty amazed by how much she developed with only 15 days vegetation.

FullSizeRender78.jpg
IMG_44646.JPG
IMG_44656.JPG

LA Confidential -- very tiny but the whole stem is a flower. Not too sure how much I'd get from this, maybe 10 grams 0.5 oz maximum. If it's good quality it's ok coz I prefere quality to quantity

IMG_44584.JPG
IMG_44597.JPG

Northern light
image-81.jpg

This is the Santa Muerte, 100% sativa, but I did a mistake with timing and it's flowering only now
IMG_44718.JPG

My grow
IMG_44725.JPG

The OG is a bit behind and CDB Sharck Shock is the high yielder. I'm not putting any pic of them.
They all are around 11-14 in Brix. The OG is around 8, which may be the reason why she is a bit behind (in addition of being one of the OG sativa characteristics together with small nugs)

My OG Brix

IMG_44745.JPG

Day 61 flowering

All crystals are milky and some of them are getting amber (5%).
The Critical + may be ready already (10-20% amber) but I'm gonna give her another 3 days... then 3 days in the dark and then I'll cut her
All the others will be cut around day 70. The OG Kush probably more around day 80

One question: I'd like to harvest in separate waves, he top first and then leave the bottom flower an additional week. In this case I won't be able to have the 3 dark days before the cut. Are the 72 dark hours really that important for resin production?

The C+ almost ready in the 7 litres pot
FullSizeRender82.jpg

Northern Light. 10 days and she should be ready
FullSizeRender_11.jpg

Family picture
IMG_46773.JPG

OG Kush... she'll need at least another 2 weeks to go
IMG_46817.JPG

CDB Sharkshock top
IMG_46825.JPG

CBD SharkShock
IMG_46834.JPG

CBD SharkShock
IMG_46856.JPG

C+ close up. Almost there
IMG_46845.JPG

No they're not. They're good for chlorophyll breaking in natural way which translates into better taste.

Ok @conradino23 thanx... one question I have is the following. I find my plants too loaded with nuts for being so close to harvest, especially N. What do you think? And what shall I do to decrease nute content? I wouldn't like to flush them. Any suggestion and opinion?

Do cation drench or heavy cation feeding. Use organic phosphorus, calcium carbonate, magnesium, better in powdered form, dilute it in water and soak the roots letting it absorb it in one sitting or just keep feeding the plant with it for 24-48 hrs.

Day 68

C+ has been cut and now it's drying. She just vegetated for about 2 weeks before flowering

IMG_47415.JPG
FullSizeRender85.jpg

Yesterday I prepared the CBDSharkShock and Northern Light. They are basically ready. They vegetated for 40 days

This is the CBD...

IMG_47306.JPG
IMG_47282.JPG
IMG_47256.JPG

... and this is the Northern Light

FullSizeRender_12.jpg
FullSizeRender_22.jpg
IMG_47481.JPG

Today I took away Northern Light from her pot and tried my "flash flush" technique to see if I can discharge some of the N:
1. Watered the plant a little bit
2. Took away the soil from top to bottom, trying not to damage the root system as much as possible. I know that most of the smallest roots are gone, but it's ok
3. Flushed the residues of soil from the roots in the toilet, by doing multiple flush
4. Cut a think pizza cardboard and put the stem there
5. Put it over a bit 4 3 gal boul of water
6. Put at full steam my micro aquarius pump

IMG_47687.JPG
IMG_47675.JPG
IMG_47646.JPG
IMG_47633.JPG

My idea would be to keep her like that for 3 days but if I'll have guests on Tuesday, I'll be able to do it only for 1 day... but the CBD will be in such system for at least 3 days in the dark.
I'll keep posted with the results

Interesting experiment :hmmmm:

Hello Folks
I've left my northern light submersed in the "flash-flush" system for one day then I decided to cut her and start with the drying process coz I've noticed she started getting very wet... Don't misunderstand me... Even I'd like to make love to a marihuana plant, the wet here is referred to having absorbed quiet a lot of water... :yahoo: :drool:

Not too sure if that was even funny.... :cheer: :volcano-smiley: :green_heart: :rollit: :yummy:

The leaves didn't change color, they were ok, but the plant started being floshy, so I cut her and now she' ending a 5 days drying process. C+ dried for 7 days

I've dried the C+ and this is the result: 14 grams. She was in a 7 liters pot/2 gal and vegetated 2 weeks. This was the smallest plant. All the others are about 3 times bigger, so I'm guessing 1.5 oz per plant minimum, maybe 2. The cdb could be 3oz... Let's see.

I forgot to post the 14 gr picture. I've put an aluminum sheet to prevent + charges to attract trichomes... I'll cure the fir 3 months, if I won't finish it all before while seeping the other grass also and what I've left from my previous cycle....

As I said this is the smallest... All the others should give me at lest 2 to 3 times more. Keep posted

image27602.jpg

These are the pics from the other plants after 2 weeks curing
CDB SharkShock
image28606.jpg

OG Kush by DNA
image28605.jpg

Northern Light by Sensi Seeds/White Label
image28604.jpg

My LA Confidential gave me 5 grams and the smoke is very weak. Most likely I got a very bad seed.
My Santa Muerte will be cut this coming Sunday and it should be around 14 grams as well in a 7 Liters pot and flowering from seed.
All the other did 40 days vege and are in 12 liters pot. Flowering has ended at about day 70.
I have only given plain water, so fert used. Not even compost tea.
Overall I have 120 grams and it could be 150 if LA Confidential has been better, a bit over 0.5 grams/W

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom