DrDankNstien's Perpetual High Brix & SuperSoil Grow With TopLed's Custom Mars II

It's not so much whether other soils may work for brix, it's that each soil needs its own specific amendment. All you need is a soil where the mineral balance isn't too far off the norm. Most peat should qualify.

But the lab sells the amendment in 1000 sqft quantities. I run 19 sqft, for instance. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I understand, gray. This was the first I had heard of another bagged soil passing the test. Thought maybe a less expensive option for Dr DankNstein here. All though his supersoil plants are just killing it, so why bother changing a thing...

Heres a few shots of some 75 micron full melt Timewreck ice wax. This is probably the tastiest hash I ve ever made :)
12399.JPG
31437.JPG
21624.JPG
DSCF72231.JPG

Great journal Dr dank. What are your soil temps? The reason I ask, it can have a strong impact on the microbes feeding your plants. I've recently started organics a few months back and like to pick your brain some if I may. Perhaps I can share a few ideas as well.

Gorgeous plants!!

Great journal Dr dank. What are your soil temps? The reason I ask, it can have a strong impact on the microbes feeding your plants. I've recently started organics a few months back and like to pick your brain some if I may. Perhaps I can share a few ideas as well.

Gorgeous plants!!
Welcome:) I have no idea bro I ve never check but im assuming its close to the same temp as the room, 75 datime 69 nightime.

Thanks Dr dank, my canopy temp is about 70-80, while my soil temp (cold basement) was about 58-62, which one of my plants had issues with.

Also a cheaper way to make pro mix:
Take one cubic foot of Canadian sphagnum peatmoss.
1 cubic ft perlite or small lava rock
Add a cup or two of gypsum or dolomite lime
Sprinkle some mycos on roots of plant going in mix

They add a wetting agent also, not necessary if you soak everything well

Add a cup of kelp meal, 1 cup crab shell, 1 cup fishbone meal, 1 cup neem cake, 1 cubic ft quality earthworm castings, 2-3 cups glacial rock dust or azomite, let sit moist for 4-6 weeks and you have an insect resistant "super soil " that will rival any mix out there.

Thanks Dr dank, my canopy temp is about 70-80, while my soil temp (cold basement) was about 58-62, which one of my plants had issues with.

Also a cheaper way to make pro mix:
Take one cubic foot of Canadian sphagnum peatmoss.
1 cubic ft perlite or small lava rock
Add a cup or two of gypsum or dolomite lime
Sprinkle some mycos on roots of plant going in mix

They add a wetting agent also, not necessary if you soak everything well

Add a cup of kelp meal, 1 cup crab shell, 1 cup fishbone meal, 1 cup neem cake, 1 cubic ft quality earthworm castings, 2-3 cups glacial rock dust or azomite, let sit moist for 4-6 weeks and you have an insect resistant "super soil " that will rival any mix out there.
Supersoil or basesoil for supersoil? wheres the guano?

Supersoil or basesoil for supersoil? wheres the guano?

No guano necessary, everything is in that mix your plant will need, it will stink bad first few days, by the time you use 4-6 weeks later it will smell like soil. This is a complete mostly water only soil mix. Occasional molasses, aloe juice, top with earth worm castings. The key here is QUALITY ewc. Not wiggle worm. The best place to get ewc is generally from someone local ( check Craig's list) e. Bay also. A couple of good name brands are coast of Maine or worm power.

No guano necessary, everything is in that mix your plant will need, it will stink bad first few days, by the time you use 4-6 weeks later it will smell like soil. This is a complete mostly water only soil mix. Occasional molasses, aloe juice, top with earth worm castings. The key here is QUALITY ewc. Not wiggle worm. The best place to get ewc is generally from someone local ( check Craig's list) e. Bay also. A couple of good name brands are coast of Maine or worm power.

Lets see your girls in your mix!

I would have to order pretty much all of those ingredients online, none of its available here especially at this time of year.The Tga charge pack has everything I need exept the castings, cocco and soil I ll be sticking with it for now.

Lets see your girls in your mix!
I can't wait till I'm legal and can start a journal, Medical just got passed and it's still not fully implemented, also its not my mix, I'm still a student to organics and that mix was inspired by experienced growers, horticulturalists, scientists, and basement scientists far more knowledgable than I. I don't want to derail Dr danks fine journal, so I will only elaborate if asked....

Back
Top Bottom