MedmanMike Celebrating 10th High-Brix Grow With Major Room & Equipment Upgrades

I don't use CO2 but man my yields are through the roof. My last harvests have been 7 ounces on Blue Dream, 16 ounces on Northern Lights, 7.5 ounces on White Widow, 6 ounces on Hindu Kush, 12 ounces on Tangie Ghost Train and 4.5 ounces on a Gorilla Glue Auto.

The Gram per watt is running about 1.35 gram per watt and I am running right around 2 lbs per 4x4 if I tracked it that way (I do a perpetual). Its a kick ass light for me man. I grow in my own soil and use rain water only with an ACT (if needed as an emergency) and the occasional splash of liquid kelp. I like to think both the light and the soil are the reasons for my yields but I am sure the light gets most of the credit. It has more than paid for itself in the 8 months I have been using it...almost twice over! :D
Those are some great yields! How long do you Veg.? Do you top? How many times?

Im no expert either . All i know is what i learned from growing cannabis since 1987.
I tried CO2 about 20 yrs ago and found it to be not worth the trouble.Cheers eh.
Oh ya..also...it should only be used in veg and early bloom....not in late bloom close to harvest ,because it has a very negative effect on flavors and Terps.
I'm not familiar with your comment about not using co2 in later flower. Do you have a reference for this?

Hey Mike, no, i'm sorry,..i only remember reading that once when i was using CO2 yrs ago. They said that in a controlled environment , providing, lighting and soil conditions were optimal, that using it accelerated photosynthesis some but said that they advised stopping it in late bloom cuz it affects taste in a negetive way. Wish i had more for ya Mike. Cheers man, enjoy the night...:passitleft:

Those are some great yields! How long do you Veg.? Do you top? How many times?
I generally veg for a minimum of 60 days. Doing the perpetual, I try to time to seed drops to give them 8-10 weeks of veg. I do top, generally once with LST but sometimes if the plant is big and I am trying to get more mains I will top more. I topped my NL (yielded a pound) a couple times.

Back
Top Bottom