Cloning during flowering

Oregon.Hippie

Sorry if this question has already been addressed. I'm a novice indoor guy.

Question: Can I clone off my flowering crop?

Due to unforeseen circumstances my batch of clones got wiped out. I need to cut more but my girls are 18 days into 12/12 light and are laden with bud.

Any advice is much appreciated.

O.H.

yes you can,,,look near the bottem,,,, you should find some good ones, the lowest branches never amount to much anyway...........

Yes, it works well. The best time is about day 21, give or take about 2-3 days/ lol... But Ive taken clones during flowering and had good success. You have to give them longe to root, but its worth it. I believe they actually call it monster cropping, Because after they Re-Veg they tend to have alo more cola shoots than normal. So far, Id have to say there is a deffinate differance, that did have more main cola shoots than the standard clones. I have some in the cloner now, and 7 lemon skunk, and 7 lsd have rooted so far, took them about 2 weeks to do so though..

so the lastest is 21 days that can u can cut clones from flowering? does that only count flowering or from start of process? What about if you havest a plant cut it for the buds can u put that back in veg and keep as a mother if it turned out to be a good plant.

Update:

O.K. I just put the plastic cover back on my clone box. I used clonex. I took the advice so graciously given here and took the cuttings from the bottoms.

My strain is a northern lights / big bud cross. I have a pair of 3 foot growlux tubes I got at wallmart. I am exactly 19 days into flowering.

I was surprised that I couldn't find even 1 small branch out of 12 four foot plants that did not have buds. All my cuttings now have at least 1 bud the size of a pea or smaller. Is this gonna be a problem?

This is now my 3rd round of cloning. One thing I am doing different now is that I added a Super Sprouter seedling heat mat for the tray to sit on. I think the closet where I keep the babies is a bit too cold for optimum cloning conditions. (68 degrees F)

Once again thank you for the help. I am most appreciative.

O.H.
:thanks:

21 isnt the latest, but its about the best success ratio time to take em. lol. My lemon skunks I actually took on day 36 and about half have rooted as opposed to my usual 97-100% root ratio. And it took them about a week longer than normal to root. But its worth the small amount of xtra attention they need.

Back
Top Bottom