Cloning With Honey: 7Dust2

Well I thought she would die. But clone still alive.
Resilant girl I give her that
IMG_20220122_182625.jpg

Running out of stem and leaves to cut off. Looks like it is "do or die" time for the little cutting.
Always do, it died. cold down like 16 degrees and heat went out killed it dead as can be . Never really like Cloning , I rather seed start to be honest. But practice make perfect.

I was h well. It may be for the best.:confused:
16 C is 60F and that is not enough to kill off a plant, a cutting or a newly rooted clone. It will certainly slow the growth down and in the case of the one in the photo cold temps like that will reduce the possibility of roots forming.
It was enough to pull it and chunk. Looked bad. Wilted from cold and such and I don't want harbor half dead plant when I have 5 more working on. No sense in it.

No sense in it.
I agree. Sometimes I have no room in the flowering tent but a lot of small cuttings and clones. I make the cold work for me by slowing down the growth of the plants until I close to harvesting one or two plants from the tent. I will get some heat into the room and growth picks back up and a couple of plants are ready with the others are harvested.

I no longer keep slow growing clones like I used to. If it is slow rooting and slow to grow under normal conditions it seems like the clone will be slow later on even under ideal conditions.

It is all part of the practice as you mentioned earlier.

Very interesting journal to follow. Appreciate your time in this little bit of an experiment.

The cutting can absorb water through the cut end of the stem and the sides of the stem that are below the water or soil line. The water will have dissolved minerals and sometimes a very, very small amount of the macro-nutrients. The stem can also absorb some water through the sides.

If it survives long enough the cutting can start to grow new leaves even without any roots. The older leaves will supply a lot of what the stem needs for new growth. If this keeps up the new growth stays small since it has to share the nutrients, mostly the mobile nutrients, with the older growth. A good sign is when the older leaves and any new leaves do start to show a healthy green color.

We will know that the cutting has started to grow strong and healthy roots when all the new growth is larger than the previous with bigger leaves and thick stems

What you are calling a 'node' at the end of the stem is a type of scar tissue that the stem formed to seal off the cut. Very similar to the scar tissue that forms at the spot where a stem is bent over during some sort of high stress training. I have seen roots start to come out from where the scar tissue meets the stem and it looks like you had one that started there. A good thing about that scar tissue is that it becomes very hard for molds or algae to form on the end.

Longest I have had cuttings survive without roots is 9 weeks (63 days) before I said enough is enough and tossed them onto the compost pile. This was with trying to root them in water or in soil.
Great information!

Great information!
I agree. Even thos she lived it was just to see if honey would work and it did. But I killed her . Temp got down to like 19 degrees and she wilted. So I went head pulled her cause I was going to work hard for it when I'm making seeds with the mother plant.. I'll have plenty to grow with the other journal I have going.. so easyer to cut lose and go. But honey did work. When I cross breed the seedling I get from mother I'm going to cross breed the galeto to the afgan kush mother. Which is my cup of tea. Make my own strain way I like it. Not a couch party but a energy one with couch at the end with little laugh between.
And to help my PTSD and sleep defamation I have. War thing. You know.
B rain never stops so can't sleep.

Back
Top Bottom