Closet with folding door, how to make smell+light proof?

hendrix

how could i make a closet with folding door smell tight? i dont wanna have to replace the door but it would be last option if i cant think of anything creative to solve the issue. any suggestions?

how could i make a closet with folding door smell tight? i dont wanna have to replace the door but it would be last option if i cant think of anything creative to solve the issue. any suggestions?

I have a closet with the folding, shutter-type doors... I took some black plastic, cut it into two large pieces, opened both doors and stapled the plastic around the inside of the door frame using little squares of cardboard to keep the staples from ripping the plastic. I put up both sections of plastic to where they overlap in the middle. I would do something like put a 4" dryer hose up under the plastic at floor level for the fresh air intake and vent to the attic with a fan through a small hole in the ceiling, like this...
growCabRevisions-01.jpg

Good luck! :smokin:

I have a closet with the folding, shutter-type doors... I took some black plastic, cut it into two large pieces, opened both doors and stapled the plastic around the inside of the door frame using little squares of cardboard to keep the staples from ripping the plastic. I put up both sections of plastic to where they overlap in the middle. I would do something like put a 4" dryer hose up under the plastic at floor level for the fresh air intake and vent to the attic with a fan through a small hole in the ceiling, like this...
growCabRevisions-01.jpg

Good luck! :smokin:

hmmmm thankx for the idea thats good advice, i'll try that out.

Back
Top Bottom