Making door smell proof

ekinus

Hey guys,

I live in a studio flat, with 6 other studio flats around me and there is a hallway where all these 6 doors open. The problem is , these doors are wooden, straight, and does NOT FIT properly. There is a huge hole at the bottom, and a lot around it.

I was thinking would there be such a thing to make this door smell proof? It's not the problem that my grow smells, it's what the stuff WE smoke in the flat goes around, so a carbon filter wouldnt do much.

What could I do with the door? or with the smell? we only have one window which can be opened, and we are 2 meters away from it. So there should be a solution to block the smell near the doors edges?

Not sure where you are or what you may have access to, but I would suggest getting a roll of that sticky foam tape used to insulate windows and such. They make many different sizes of it and it compresses as the door is closed creating a tight seal. I used a single line around an interior door then also installed a door sweep at the bottom of the door. It's not only quite air-tight, but light-tight also. I would also recommend an "ONA bucket" setup. It's cheap and likely the most effective odor neutralizer next to a high-flow carbon filter system.

When I smell ONA I think GROWROOM The only place I ever smelled that stuff. Smell great.
Hang some towels on the inside of your doors for the short term until you can get something that will work.

Well my only idea is how you make the air flow. Now if you make a jig with a fan and some card board and duck it to door to suck air from out side and blow in then smell will stay in for the most part. Then run a carbon filter inside to clean smell from air inside.

Not sure where you are or what you may have access to, but I would suggest getting a roll of that sticky foam tape used to insulate windows and such. They make many different sizes of it and it compresses as the door is closed creating a tight seal. I used a single line around an interior door then also installed a door sweep at the bottom of the door. It's not only quite air-tight, but light-tight also. I would also recommend an "ONA bucket" setup. It's cheap and likely the most effective odor neutralizer next to a high-flow carbon filter system.

boom, gotcha right here
Shop Frost King 1-1/4-in x 10-ft White Vinyl Foam Window Weatherstrip at Lowes.com

Shop M-D Building Products 2-in x 3-ft Aluminum/Vinyl Door Weatherstrip at Lowes.com

That's it bigjack. I will also add; when I did it first I got the thickest stuff I could get (I had what I thought were some wide seams) only to find out it was too thick and I had to go get a smaller thickness.

Back
Top Bottom