Co2 pest control greenhouse

cmac10

420 Member
Hello! Was hoping to get some information on using co2 for killing spidermites in my 12'×18' greenhouse.

-best/ cheapest method to obtain co2?
- how much and how long?
- any negative effects?

Any and all info is appreciated. Thanks!

How far along are your plants??

No disrespect to Sueet who is a heck of a gardener that I admire, - yes CO2 will work but that‘s not the way to go. Prolly what you are thinking of is a sulfur burner, it’s a common tool in greenhouse ops.

Our sponsor SNS has a great line of IPM solutions, SNS 217 is made for spider mites…. if you do web search for hydro stores near me it’s prolly on store shelves but I would call ahead to confirm.

Another route would be micronized or wettable sulfur, cheap, effective. It can be deployed in a sulfur burner but most use as foliar sprayed. Sulfur is useful mineral to the plant plus prevents rust, pm and I think botrytiis too.

think its 2 teaspoons per gallon, shake often as you spray leaf undersides but if you use sulfur foliar then bud washing is imperative.… trust us on this one or you will ruin your buds. Bud washing is big in this community anyway for purity of the produce.

If you have greenhouse your best investment might be keeping beneficial insect colonies before you start your garden next year. There are certain predators for soil and different predators still for working in foliage.

For the record, the article I linked also basically says it isn't the best choice, it also explained why essentially, so I linked it, as it seemed like good information. I was definitely not encouraging its use :sorry:

Back
Top Bottom