Thoughts on killing Spider Mites with CO2

CascadianDank

Ive been fighting mites since July or August. Im shutting down my indoor setup because of them and waiting til I get a sealed room built sometime this year before starting it back up.

Ive tried multiple sprays and predators which all did a good job of knockin down the numbers but I was never able to completely get rid of them. Ive even tossed out about 10 total plants over this period of time that were bad thinking that would help too but nothing has yet.

I have a 20lb CO2 tank, pretty much full, from my other hobby of home brewing and Ive been reading about killing mites with 10k to 15k PPM over a period of 15 mins to 1 hr depending on source.

I came across this calculator. ( CO2 Calculator - Greentrees Hydroponics )

After entering my tent dimensions of 4X4X7 and the 15k PPM I want to achieve it tells me I have 112cf of space and need 1.7cf of CO2. On time can be changed by adjusting flow rate of CO2.

Has anyone reading this ever tried this method. Seems likely to work if done a few times to catch all the hatchlings but I dont have a flow regulator and after a quick search Im lookin at 100 bucks for one. I will need it eventually for my sealed room but will this method work in a grow tent in a spare room. Im not sealed so would the CO2 just seep out of the tent before it does any good? Id rather not waste my tank and spend 100 bucks on a regulator if its not gonna work.

If you don't mind using poison. No-pest strips will kill them 100%.
Shut off exhaust fans, turn on circulation fans, hang 1 in the wind, and allow it to work for a few hours when lights off. Leave in until flush if needed.
I don't know if it leaves anything on the plants, but its vapor/fumes kill it so your not spraying anything on the plants.
I have used it and have not noticed affected yields or difference in taste.
It does give me a scratchy throat when I went in the tent with it hanging overnight

Co2 will kill them, until their eggs hatch. You would have to do it multiple times over their life cycle to kill them all.

Careful with the co2 in an enclosed space. You'll be off'ed like Joffery the first couple breaths you take.

Back
Top Bottom